• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I finally played with my X-Mas themed team! And became Champion!

charlycicero

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just wanted to share this with you fellow Pokefans, but I'm not sure if here is the right place or thread, but anyways. I finally finished a playthrough with a Christmas-themed team. Since I both adore Pokemon and Christmas, this was kind of a no brainer, but I'm kind of shocked it took me so long to put it together.

Note: I didn't play with this team during the Christmas season because at the time I was feeling kind of down health-wise, and also because I was still playing Shield for the first time.

So, basically, this is how my team ended up (in my third playthrough of Y):

- Chesnaught, named Tannenbaum. It represents the Christmas Tree. Plus, chestnuts...
- Sylveon, named Cadeau. It represent the gifts and presents of Christmas.
- Chingling, named Klapper. It clearly looks like a sleigh bell...
- Lanturn, named Weihnacht. It represent the Christmas lights and spirit.
- Chandelure, named Kerzenlicht. It represents the Christmases of old when people lit their trees with candles... plus there are ghost stories during Christmas, so...
- Last but not least... ... Delibird, named Sinterklaas. Well, it is the Pokemon equivalent of Santa Claus.

I never evolved Chingling, because Chimecho is obviously a Japanese reference (not Christmas-y enough), and Chingling does LOOK like a sleigh bell. I gave it an eviolite, so it became a bit stronger. And I thought of Abomasnow instead of Chesnaught, and Aurorus to represent the North Pole, but there were just too many Ice types. And some weak Ice types at that.

I really enjoyed playing with this team, though I admit it was hard especially with Delibird being so frail. But at least it got a bit better with super-training, Attract, Power-up Punch, Ice Beam and Fly. And since Kalos, especially from Laverre Town onwards, kind of looks like it has a lot of themes of Autumn and Winter, it felt right to have a team like this here. Plus, it is based on an European country. It wouldn't have felt the same in Alola or Johto, for instance.

The team is not very competitively viable but since I'm not a competitive player, plus Chandelure, Chesnaught and Sylveon are fairly strong, I think this team is viable if anyone enjoys Christmas and Pokemon. And I finished the game (I admit I kind of got weepy when I saw my team as Champions for the first time).

But, yeah, again, why did they make Delibird sooooo weak? It ended up being weaker than my Chingling, for Arceus' sakes!!! :(

Thanks for reading... and Merry Christmas everyone!!! (it is Christmas for me all year long... even in March hehe)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom