• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I need help with the Lake trio

I just took a good half hour and twenty Dark Balls to catch Uxie, as I heard she's the easiest. I guess that made me overconfident as I went over to get Azelf and the little *&%^ staunchly refused to stay in any of the thirty Dark Balls I threw at her. Mind you, she's asleep with maybe five Hit Points left at this point. I got to the point where I could use Timer Balls and none of them even "twitched" once. Then she kills off my entire team. Damn!
I have learned to fear and respect the wee blue gremlin.
So you say aquiring a Spiritomb will make life much easier? (Considers a trip to the GSC.)

I just used my Masterball on Mesprit since it runs away. Unixe was so much easier to catch than Azelf. It took me about four Ultra Balls to catch Unixe, while Azelf wouldn't be caught after being paralyzed, having about five HP left, and after using 30+ Ultra Balls, Great Balls, and Dusk Balls. I'm thinking about getting another Master Ball from my GBA games in order to catch it. The dragons were so much easier. I caught Dialga after using three or four Ultra Balls and I caught Palkia on my first try.

Hmm, Spiritomb can't learn Mean Look though, so it can't hold Mesprit down. My Gengar or Crobat can learn Mean Look, but their types make it a bad idea to try to use them, I think. I'll train up an Umbreon, since it's Dark type and learns Mean Look. Should be useful against Cresselia as well. Spiritomb's Hypnosis should still be useful too.

Took (alternating) nineteen Dusk Balls, eleven Ultraballs, five Timer Balls and a Quick Ball (right in the beginning and mostly for laughs), but finally Azelf is mine. And now that I have taken a look at Mesprit, I *finally* have the National Dex!
Is there any compelling reason why we have to jump through so many hoops to start transferring our older characters over? I can understand discouraging blitzing through the game with a Level A-hundred Rayquaza or something, but honestly.

luickly i only used a quick ball on Dialga so i still had my master ball for Mesprit

I still have my Masterball, and the thought has occurred to me. But I want to catch Cresselia too, and as long as I have to catch one of them the hard way I might as well do both. So I might as well save the Masterball. Unless I can find another Masterball, in which case sure, why not.

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. Even though Crobat is weak (Doubly so), just catch several of them and arm yourself with 99 hyper potions and Dusk Balls. You'll be able to catch Mesprit soon.

I still have my Masterball, and the thought has occurred to me. But I want to catch Cresselia too, and as long as I have to catch one of them the hard way I might as well do both. So I might as well save the Masterball. Unless I can find another Masterball, in which case sure, why not.

Lex has inadvertantly brought up a very, very valid point. Do we use our one Master Ball on Mesprit or Cressalia or on Darkrai (yes, he stays put but still)?

Honchkrow (lvl 61 at the time) was a god send for me in catching all of these. I caught Mesprit/Cresselia, first try, first encounter in just a couple of minutes. Just had Haze/Night Slash/Scary Face and Faint Attack. The only one that gave me any trouble was Uxie, but I still got her in less then 10 dusk balls.

Umbreon just got Mean Look, but his speed is too low to get either of them with it and he can't take any carbos >_<. Back to training, I guess. Maybe do some battle tower for the speed training item...

For Emrit, I just Pal Parked a Master Ball. Of course, I actually meant to keep the Master Ball around just so I could say I have two Master Balls, but when, after my chain of Spoink broke, Max Repel was on, my first Pokemon was a much-too-slow level 50 Dragonair and Emrit appeared, I just said "oh to hell with it" and captured the damned thing with my second Master Ball.

That's my advice. Extremely cheap, but the results speak for themselves.

Mesprit was pretty easy for me. I just caught a Scyther and taught it false swipe. I then used false swipe on Mesprit every time I saw it (which was a lot because of walking on the border of towns constantly until it appeared). Once it had 1 HP left, I paralyzed it and then threw Quick Balls and Ultra Balls at it in every other encounter until I caught it. It takes a whole lot more work, but it's good if you can't/are too lazy to get Mean Look.

Since I don't want Cresselia all that much, I just used my Master Ball on Mesprit. It was actually the easiest catching of a legendary I've ever done, since I was able to find Mespirt very quickly.

When I caught Azelf and Uxie, I took 10 Dusk Balls with me (since their in caves). I paralyzed them with Stun Spore, and slowly chipped away at their HP. Then, once the HP was close to nothing, I just kept throwing the Dusk Balls at the suckers. I guess I got pretty lucky, because I never even used all of the Dusk Balls up.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom