• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I'm considering shutting down the chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
FabuVinny said:
For the record, some comments made when I went in there didn't exactly make me feel welcome.

Well, that is certainly odd, because we always make our best (Misty especially) to make newcomers feel welcome.

As Misty said, provide specific examples so we can solve any problems there might be.

Okay, listen up, Fullmasta is about to add his two cents in
<clears throat>

Misty, I really think that shutting down [HASHTAG]#bulbagarden[/HASHTAG] would be futile. You may be ready and willing to let it go but someone else will be there waiting. For the most part, you and Kasumi do a really good job controlling what goes on in the channel and you make the chat entertaining too. Yes, there could be a sex chat in there on occassion but what channel doesn't? I don't say much there (I usually talk and not idle) but when I do, I enjoy myself and I could say the same for Satoshi-kun and many others there. How do you think we'll feel if you shut down the channel. I like your standards and in all seriousness, you and Kasumi do great work on the channel so why give it up? I say keep up the good work.
In Conclusion, the channel may have it's flaws but what channel doesn't? And, i'm there on [HASHTAG]#bulbagarden[/HASHTAG] supporting you, Kasumi and TSS. Don't close the channel. Even I will help you in whichever way I can.
done

Okay, basically the atmosphere I'm talking about is saying "hi" then rolling on with discussions that involve a handful of vets. Mainly the old in-sex-jokes and what-not.

If the topics are a little more open--and maybe not always PKMN--you'll get a lot more input. Just general banter is fun.

evkl said:
If the topics are a little more open--and maybe not always PKMN--you'll get a lot more input. Just general banter is fun.
*SNRK* You realize how often we talk about Pokemon? Like, never. Shows how much you go to the chat, sorry ;x

Okay, I've made a decision. I'm not killing the chat - as much as Sunain would like that. However, I still feel that any opinions on the chat are valuable, so I'll keep this thread open for a bit.

YAY! What's the worst thing Sunain can do? Ban your channel? I don't think she could do that to yours.

Damn right. With all the love we have for Misty, it would have been very wrong to shut our channel down.

Im randomally wondering if you were never going to shut down the chat in the first place and just posted this to test peoples standpoints...

Like the two great comments about Sunain... ;_;

And yes, there is alot of sex chat, with almost no moderation; and if there is forms of moderation; its not continuous... spontaneous I would state it as. The only oper that somewhat does anything moderation related is TSS. We all know the level of chat in the channel; ever come to think not everyone accepts your chat standards? Maybe just a little; or ignoring the consideration of every user never comes to anyone's mind; just the concept of; lets talk about sex, kids.

Last time I checked, BMG was a pocket monsters/pokemon relation site; not a damned sex site... well hell, since were going to relate the chat towards that, hell, wynaut just theme the whole damned wiki and forum towards it too; then you'll fit in and the whole community will die...

And its not to the point of it being used in moderation or moderately; its that the topic 98% of the time is in some corrolation to sex, women, or the likings. It's not like me saying anything is going to change anything anyways; just making a point... (heh, most of the people in there talking about sex haven't even been with a woman ... and they say that the people who talk about it the most have seen it the least, lmao)...

If anyone thinks these statements are uncalled for; be sure to pull the average age from this forum? And then restate your argument.

Last edited:
Actually, this isn't the site to be discussing average age. *cough*

But I must say it is most off-putting what gets into the idle minds of young people nowadays.

What the fuck is your guys problems, I have never wanted [HASHTAG]#bulbagarden[/HASHTAG] to close at ANY time. [HASHTAG]#Pocketmonsters[/HASHTAG] has a good relationship with BMG and I would like to keep it that way as it is beneficial to both parties. I do not want hear any more slander about me for things I never said. I made a comment earlier about the amount of sex talk in the channel, not a threat. You guys ever wonder why you don't have any girlfriends, perhaps you should look at your attitude and actions. This coming from a girl, having too much sex talk isnt a very enjoyable environment for girls, mind you a little doesnt hurt, but not the main topic of discussion a majority of the time.

bgtfamily said:
Last time I checked, BMG was a pocket monsters/pokemon relation site; not a damned sex site... well hell, since were going to relate the chat towards that, hell, wynaut just theme the whole damned wiki and forum towards it too; then you'll fit in and the whole community will die...

Says the one who has made comments about characters from Pokemon having sex with pokemon themselves... *rolls eyes*

I think everyone should calm down before this becomes a fire fight. First of all, we need to set a few guidelines before I start on my tear.

1. Sunain never has, and never will say negative comments towards BMG, as she mentioned earlier. I support her actions 100%

2. BMGc is supposed to be a friendly chat environment where everyone feels welcome (not "OMG SEX!!! or ORLY? YARLY! NO WAI!"). And it also should be appropriate for the chatters that are underaged as well...

3. My stance on the situation is neutral, as the case in all other issues. However, it seems as BMGc bashes PM more than anything...and we are principal affiliates. Imagine if Phillip Morris decides to dump tobacco into the Oreo mix just because of a conflict between them (because Phillip Morris are partners with Nabisco). That definitely wouldn't be morally right, so why should you stab us in the back when we did absolutely nothing to deface your channel. We proudly encourage the growth of the BMG Community.

4. This issue should be resolved ASAP. I definitely don't want to see this thread become 20 pages long. All that I suggest is that both parties shake hands and agree to terms that make both sides satisfied with that particular scenario.

That is all. (/rant that would make Rush Limbaugh proud)

Last edited:
Yeah. I agree, since you guys are PM's main affiliate, You shouldn't be starting conflicts with one another. It's not right. The Sunain bashing is pointless and futile. Seriously, what's it going to solve? nothing.

Maybe next time people shouldn't express glee at my channel's bad fortune. :D Especially not in public places.

Seriously, I'm really not sure I care about your opinions, you've done absolutely NOTHING to support me, and as such you've forfeited your right to have your complaints heard. I tried to stifle the sex talk, but all you did was continue idling like you always did, so I'm going back to the old way of running the channel, because that makes other people happy and they're happy enough to chat about it. When someone who I actually care about complains, then I'll reconsider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom