• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Making the female characters look too old?

Except by deductive reasoning. Ash stated at the beginning of the series that he is ten years old. At the beginning of AG, which takes place at least three years later according to canon, May says that she is ten years old. The official website says that Ash and May are the same age. The only way this is possible is if the characters are ageless in the "normal" timeline of the series (ie flashbacks don't count).

If this is true, then that would mean that we will never see Max in his own special and that the anniversary in Pikachu and Pichu never happened, which is obviously not true. As for the website, it might be an error. Websites have been known to provide inaccurate information, even official ones. Just look at Pokemon.com. But this is all beside the point.

Time can pass without the characters aging. Team Rocket said in the first DP episodes that they've been hunting Pikachu all of Dawn's life. Which is true--they've been after it for 10 years. Which means that time has passed without aging happening.

No, they do. Mewtwo fighting Gary and then blowing up the place, the twerps mentioning seeing a Lugia in the Orange Islands, and references to La Rousse City and Professor Lund, for example. ^^;

Don't forget that first movie is supposed to be forget and no one ever remember what happend there.
I can't proven it now, but I'm almost sure that every mention to movie 2 in Lugia Whirl Islands saga were added by 4Kids.
As for Lund in Deoxys Crisis, Nurse Joy is the one who mentioned him. Ash and co. doesn't seem to remeber it.

I can't proven it now, but I'm almost sure that every mention to movie 2 in Lugia Whirl Islands saga were added by 4Kids.

I haven't gotten up to the Japanese Lugia episodes (I'm almost there, though. I last left off shortly before the Whirl Cup tournament was beginning... god, I need to get around to downloading the first series again -_-), but from what someone else with the episodes told me, the Orange Island references are there.

Time can pass without the characters aging. Team Rocket said in the first DP episodes that they've been hunting Pikachu all of Dawn's life. Which is true--they've been after it for 10 years. Which means that time has passed without aging happening.

dub-line, most likely. I translated the 2nd and 3rd episodes, so unless it's one of those lines I had trouble with and let the others handle, it shouldn't be in the original.

That was a joke probably to reference how long the Anime's happen.

Dub Team Rocket likes breaking the fourth wall. It disappeared somewhat after season one, but PUSA brought it back.

If Max is still not a trainer by the next time we see him, then yes, the characters don't age.

I think that they look a litte bit older than 10 like 11 or 12

I heard on a forum called A4 forums that someone said that each generation takes a year so by generation 4 ash is 13-14, and that may would be 11 by then and misty would be ash's age or older.

Last edited:
Fanservice and keeping older male viewers interested in the show..I am sure by the end of D/P she will pretty much loose the jailbait look and look like a normal 10 year old girl..

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom