• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mew is hated by writers? And What about you, do you like it?

Thinking back, Suicune and Raikou didn't get movie spotlight like Entei did.
I'd say that the Raikou special is akin to a movie. And technically, the amazing Entei from Movie 3 was really a manifestation of the Unown. Suicune's role in Movie 4 and the Eusine episode weren't that bad, but the Generations episode outshone both in just 4 minutes.

The Johto beasts are definitely an exception. Every other trio (not version mascots) got equal treatment, but they didn't stand out as individuals. When the beasts were treated as an ensemble in Movie 13, they didn't do much at all.

It's almost inevitable that Tapu Koko will continue to get preferential treatment over its relatives, just like in the games. I actually like that.

Also, don't forget even the anime team is biased.
See Pikachu/Raichu situation, where a Raichu is mostly depicted as villainous.
See the Johto starters, where Meganium and Feraligatr got appearances, but Typhlosion has only 2 appearances.

where Meganium and Feraligatr got appearances, but Typhlosion has only 2 appearances.
Not a good example since the former two don't have a lot of appearances under their belts, and they never got to win battles aside from the Raikou special where Typhlosion and Meganium both contributed.

Not a good example since the former two don't have a lot of appearances under their belts, and they never got to win battles aside from the Raikou special where Typhlosion and Meganium both contributed.

Will this example be any better: The mega Hoenn starters. I'm not bothered by it a lot, but I felt that the anime was quite unfair to Swampert. Blaziken was overrated as always, Sceptile was Sawyer's Pokemon, and I always thought that Mairin will proceed as a trainer, ending her wish of getting a mega by gaining Mega Swampert, but it never happened.

Also, don't forget even the anime team is biased.
See Pikachu/Raichu situation, where a Raichu is mostly depicted as villainous.
See the Johto starters, where Meganium and Feraligatr got appearances, but Typhlosion has only 2 appearances.

It really seems they dislike Raichu.
Pikachu is overrated. But no one uses it competitively in the games.
Heck, Pikachu isn't even in the BW games, Game Freak doesn't care that much about it. It's mostly the anime.

It really seems they dislike Raichu.
Pikachu is overrated. But no one uses it competitively in the games.
Heck, Pikachu isn't even in the BW games, Game Freak doesn't care that much about it. It's mostly the anime.

In case you didn't notice, GF gives you as much incentive they can to use Pikachu.
1. They gave light ball to Pikachu to boost it's stats, which Raichu cannot use.
2. Cosplay Pikachu, the Pokemon literally made for Contests, cannot evolve.
3. Yellow forces you into a Pikachu which requires a trade to evolve.

Also, for the BW thing, this coming from a Raichu lover who sort of detests Pikachu, it was a very idiotic decision. No one removes their mascot from a game. It could act like a beacon in the unknown world and Pokemon of BW, advertising Pika as the only available old Pokemon for the start.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom