• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mew or Arceus?

Who made it?

• Total voters
Supposedly, arceus is god and he created the world.
Mew is the ancestor of all pokemon, meaning arceus created mew, and mew created everything else. As much as I hate to admit it, arceus is the creator. (But mew still kicks ass.)

mew, because only first gen pokemon are real.

arceus cannot have created mew because mew created all pokemon therefore, mew used transform, turned into celebi, traveled to before the universe began, created arceus and went home...arceus then created the universe and all the pokemon from there etc etc

I think it's stupid how Arceus can be captured. It's a big middle finger to the God of Pokemon. It's sacrilegious I tell you.

Arceus just plain sucks, to all you pokemon fans Arceus doesn't exist as far as pokemon go to me. I only go as far as Johto and go bact to Kanto. Kanto has never heard of Arceus, It's just mew, mewtwo, and the three birds. Johto, just add Ho-Oh, Lugia, The three dogs and call it quits.

POKEMON WERE FINE UNTIL THEY MADE HOENN/SINNOH!!!
I agree with you dude.(though i like deoxys..)
I think it's stupid how Arceus can be captured. It's a big middle finger to the God of Pokemon. It's sacrilegious I tell you.

No, the existence of arceus as a pokémon is. It should never have been invented.

This is my view:
Arceus was first, and created/shaped the world, he then created the dragon trio, pixies etc.
Then he created Mew, and Mew was the only pokemon.
The pokeworld was inhabited by nothing but Mew, but they slowly evolved and adapted to their indivdual environments, creating all the other species of pokemon.
This co-insides with a pure Mew having traces of all pokemon DNA in it
:)

This is my view:
Arceus was first, and created/shaped the world, he then created the dragon trio, pixies etc.
Then he created Mew, and Mew was the only pokemon.
The pokeworld was inhabited by nothing but Mew, but they slowly evolved and adapted to their indivdual environments, creating all the other species of pokemon.
This co-insides with a pure Mew having traces of all pokemon DNA in it
:)
and what about the pokémon such as dialga. they still existed and are pokemon..they must be descended from mew for mew to be the ancestor of all pokémon

Remember that it is proven that Mew have the DNA of all Pokémon acording to scientists, but, do scientists know the DNA of legendary Pokémon? Let's imagine the scene when they discovered Mew.
"Ok, this new Pokémon DNA is ready to analize...lets see... Oh, weird, there's Digglet DNA in here, wait, there's also Arcanine DNA! And Dratini! Omg! This Pokémon have DNA of every know Pokémon!"

My theory on how it all worked out is this:

"Uh? *Golden Egg starts to break..." Gongratulations! Arceus was born"
Arceus created humans, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, The Lake Trio, The Unowns, Mew and The Weather Trio.
Then Arceus sayed...
Dialga, your job is to create and control time!
Palkia, your's is to create and control space!
Weather Trio, you have to make create the Earth, just don't fight for who's getting more space, Ok?
Mew, populate the Earth and every other planet!
Lake Trio, teach the humans and Mew how to love!
Giratina, you will have your own world, just for yourself to rule and control! ...Oh, and btw, if any of your siblings screw something, that something is going to end up in your world, so they can start all over, Ok?
Unowns, create dialects and teach them to the humans!
Humans... just stay there and be happy, Ok?

There you go, you can't fight this logic.

I think that Arceus made all legendary pokemon (other than Mewtwo), while Mew evolved into all the rest. (that's not the poke kind of evolution but the real world kind)

I find that Arceus started out as a cute little Mew, and decided to make all these creatures in his image. Over time, he got bored of so many pink little fetus-cats and turned them into the Dragon and Lake Trios, and granted them powers. He also made himself look cooler, just to make all the fanboys have nerdgasms.

Then Charles Darwin can fill you in on the rest.

It seems (Arceus can be any type right?) Arceus created the Pokémon world, while Mew fulfilled the function of an Adam.

But still, out of all the legendary Pokémon, Mew is the best :p

Arceus, it created the universe and all of the legendary Pokemon (save for a select few), and then Mew (after being created by Arceus) went and made all of the normal Pokemon.

Arceus. I don't think Mew is the ancestor of pokemon, either. Here is my thinking.

Mew contains the genetic code of every pokemon. But Porygon and Mewtwo are man made. How can Mew have the genetic code of things that came into existence after it? Here are two possible solutions:

Pokemon like Porygon (there are a couple of others that I think could be considered not to have existed until humans evolved) have ALWAYS existed, just not in a form humans recognize. Every possible pokemon exist somewhere, somehow. Different dimensions, parralel dimensions, different times, etc. Man did not make Mewtwo, it always existed, we just brought it into our world. Mew is not an ancestor, because pokemon do not come from it, they are already there. Mew is a genetic singularity.
Mew has the DNA of all pokemon that currently exist. When a new pokemon comes into being, it's genetic code changes to include that pokemon. Porygon is entirely man made, and mew's DNA reformed after humans made it. All matter and energy is connected, and mew is that point of connection.

Arceus created the universe, and made all the pokemon. When we encounter and catch it, we are not truly catching the creator of the universe, just a form we can understand. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AFormYouAreComfortableWith

Why can't it be a Mew + Arceus issue? I think that the two had equal shares in creating the universe; Arceus created the physical universe, and Mew created its inhabitants. Therefore, both should be credited.

When ever my friends comment on how Arceus is god, I punch them.
Why? Because I don't buy it. I think that Arceus is just the god and creator of Sinnoh, like Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza are the gods of Hoenn.
I can't remember Arceus being stated to be the God Of Everything Undoubtably. I can remember a bunch of times old myths said how he was Sinnoh's creator, but as far as I care, old myths are just flavour text the developers added without thinking too much to the consequences of what they say.

If Arceus IS God, then it becomes a stupidly frustrating issue.
All organisms in the REAL WORLD that we've found have DNA made up of the same four bases. ATCG. We all came from the same life form, everything's common ancestor, which originally developed this system.
In the Pokemon universe, that common ancestor is Mew (which is conveniently from Earth, I don't even want to THINK about Deoxys). Arceus also shares these bases, which means that he must have come from Mew. But didn't Arceus make everything, ever?
So basically, we're now in a world where not only do both evolution and God exist, but God is a living creature, which is subject to the same biological laws as everything else. Biological laws which came from Mew.
Fuck. The Norse never had this problem, you know.

EDIT:
Wait! Who's the original? NEITHER? Why? Because, it's been canonically stated a few times that Pokemon are all ONE species in a world with the same Animal Kingdom as us. Which means that they all came from the same organism that we did at one point.
So Mew is only the original Pokemon, and Arceus could have only come to exist once the Pokemon branch of the evolutionary tree had begun, so neither can really be considered gods.
To recap this: Arceus is a Pokemon. All Pokemon come from the same branch of the evolutionary tree. They are not part of a separate tree, they are subject to the same original origin as us, and therefore were not there at the beginning of life, nor were they there at the beginning of the universe.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom