• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mixed feelings

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanked

Reaction score
This is sort of a QQ post, but mostly Im just throwing out my opinions on how they can make these games a bit better. (not that they will read this, but hey you never know lol)

Issue 1 - Wild Pokemon
As im playing SS I notice right away that the wild pkmn encounter rate is ridiculously high. Even more so if you are running / on your bike. I take 1 or 2 steps and I encounter a pkmn. Im sorry, but that is just insane.
I find myself using repels just to talk threw a few patches of grass, otherwise I would spend 5 min fighting / running away from wild pkmn. :boom:

"Solution"
Tune down the rate in which you encounter pkmn in future games. Every 2 steps is way to much, honestly..

Issue 2 - The level of trainers throughout the game
Simply put: WAY TO LOW. At the 5th town into the game and trainers are still using level 18's? What is that about? Even worse is that gym leader #2 for example will have level 20's but then the next 4 routes with trainers have sub 20's. Why?
I originally thought the average level was kept between 20 - 30 (almost the whole game) so that someone using a full team of 6 pkmn can level them all evenly. I tried this myself and still found that all 6 were quite a few levels ahead. Not to mention how many people actually use a full team of 6 as they play threw? I myself use 2 - 3. Going threw the whole game and fighting low levels 85% of the time is just stupid.

"Solution"
Increase the level of trainer pkmn slightly. I dont want to fight lvl 60s in goldenrod or anything.. But by the time I get 7 badges I'm ready to fight trainers who have 30+ at least.
With an increase in average trainer pkmn level, the faster you can level your team, and in turn they can increase the average level even further the more you progress. Which leads me to my next issue...

Issue 3 - Elite 4 pokemon levels
Due to the fact that every freaking trainer has pkmn around 20 up until victory road (most of the time) your team is usually around level 40 - 45 if you have 4 or more. That means the elite 4 has to be around that level otherwise its just to hard. Well, as stated in issue 2, if the trainer levels are higher, you will have slightly higher level pkmn when entering confronting the elite 4.
This will allow for them to be just a bit higher then they are now. Which in turn will allow for you to raise your pokemon faster. Now, the first time you fight them you may not care to much about exp, but what about after you "beat the game"? I'm sure you all have had the annoying task of fighting the elite 4 over and over again trying to level other pokemon. Its boring as hell isnt it?
Thats the problem. In diamond for example, they are all sub 60 aside from a few pkmn, and most are low 50's. It takes so long to level that it becomes a chore.:banghead:

"Solution"
Have the elite four "scale". If issue 2 is fixed, then the 1st time you fight them, they can be around level 50. The 2nd time they can be 10 levels higher. What I think would be a great idea is this:
Have an NPC you can talk to who you can tell him what level range you would like to fight. (only after you defeat them once or twice) This way if you want to level your pkmn without going insane you can fight say, level 70 - 80s or something.

This last thing isn't really an issue per-say, but more of a logical idea.

Once we beat the elite 4, why are we not the champion? I mean if you go back and fight them, the previous champ is still there. How about we actually become the champion for once?
Maybe make it where we talk to a person (like in the battle tower for example) and we fight random trainers or maybe gym leaders, other elite 4, etc, for the place of champion. Just like in the battle tower, after each fight the nurse or whoever will heal our team, and ask us if we wish to keep going. If we lose, then that person is the champ, and we have to fight through the elite 4 and beat the champ again.
Not only does this make leveling MUCH more interesting, its common sense ;-)

So yea, those are my ideas. Please do not think I'm ranting because I'm not. These are just a few things that I feel will make these games better. I'm sure there are others who feel this way.

--Also, this is not exclusive to SS. This applies to every pokemon game.

Take care :p

this really should be in a blog. theres not much discussion here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom