• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Author Seeking Advice

writer

Reaction score
Hi my name is Scherb,

I've been around for a while here now, bu I think I'm finally ready to join the ranks of authors here. Just wanted to see what you guys think is the best way to start?

I have this idea about a fic revolving around when Arceus created pokemon then humans and pokemon branched apart to their modern day species. I want to write about a boy who is that last remaining link between the two: a human with pokemon powers.

What do u guys think?

Re: New Authir Seeking Advice

For one, spell correctly. People aren't going to read a fic with incorrect spelling and grammar. Secondly, it sounds an interesting premise, it's even said human and Pokémon were once the same. Perhaps you could incorperate the ???-type in the data as the Human-type. Thirdly, welcome to the Workshop, your desk is over there and feel free to join our antics and ask for assistance at any point =P

For one, spell correctly. People aren't going to read a fic with incorrect spelling and grammar. Secondly, it sounds an interesting premise, it's even said human and Pokémon were once the same. Perhaps you could incorperate the ???-type in the data as the Human-type. Thirdly, welcome to the Workshop, your desk is over there and feel free to join our antics and ask for assistance at any point =P

Thanks guys! Sorry I know Author is spelled wrong but I don't know how to change it. Can I post rough drafts here and ask for help or do I have to post finished work only?

Thanks guys! Sorry I know Author is spelled wrong but I don't know how to change it. Can I post rough drafts here and ask for help or do I have to post finished work only?

Well whatever you post, advice on how to improve will be given if it's not completely up to par so I don't think it makes much of a difference in all honesty.

Also, welcome to the Workshop, it's good to have another writer.

You can change the title of a thread by editing the original post.

That's super-explosive helpful if you're planning to write a serial.

FThirdly, welcome to the Workshop, your desk is over there and feel free to join our antics and ask for assistance at any point =P

Haha! ^_^
I do like your story idea. Not just because it's not like mine. Have you posted anything yet? And since none of these people who have been here longer than I have told you this, don't take my word for it, but I think you can just go down toward the bottom and click the edit button.
Happy writing!
See, I'm editing mine right now. But at the bottom of your caption, there's an edit button.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom