• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

October 2012 "Pocket Monsters Special" Review Thread

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
More plot, courtesy of Coronis.

Just picked up the latest issue of Ichiban, which explains a bit on the starters. Sorry that I have to be a bit brief in point form though coz this isn't my usual computer.

- Juniper and Fennel join the scene (as Juniper made contact with her father Cedric, and they were supposed to meet up)
- turns out that there are 2 sets of starters, one from the young Juniper's lab (the ones that are given to Black, Cheren and Bianca). The other set was supposed to be given out by Cedric in his lab (not sure where), but one year ago, N broke into the lab and 'liberated' the three. End result: Tepig ran away (maybe it was Gigi?), Snivy followed N (which most likely is Amanda), and Oshawott stayed behind, which Cedric raised himself to be the Samurott we see in the last chapter
- The three fully evolved starters defeat Zorua and Gigi
- N accuses Cedric and Juniper that the Pokemon League and the Pokemon Lab are the roots of Pokemon's suffering
- N actually had Zorua spy on Juniper the day she gave out the starters, and called her 'distributing' the starters an act of irresponsibility, treating them as items
- N revives his team with Revives, Black tries to stop him, but his team somehow got 'talked down' by N. N says they know they can't defeat him, and Black forcing them to fight nevertheless is irresponsible. Hearing that, Black's Pokemon indeed become hesitant to fight
- Black tries to use Musha to clear his head. But to his shock, Musha refuses to eat his dreams this time
- N explains that it's because Black's dreams are no longer appealing to Musha. His dreams' taste has 'changed'
- to Black's horror, Musha leaves. N explains that the only thing that kept Black and Musha together all these years is a 'give and take' relationship. Musha feeds on Black's dreams and Black using it as a team member. Now that Black has nothing to offer to Musha, it will leave
- Black collapses (much like how White fell when Gigi betrayed her)
- N departs on Zekrom
- at the end of the chapter, N hears Zekrom's voice, wanting Black to come standing before it again some day, together with Reshiram
- at the very end of the chapter, it is said that one week has passed, and it is finally the day for the Pokemon League

A very intense chapter. So Musha is the traitor now? It didn't leave with N though, just floated away. And that means Amanda and the Samurott originated from the same starter batch, possibly Gigi too.

Coronis~

So....after Gigi did that thing a year ago, everyone started hating her.

Since this happened, will everyone start hating Musha now, too?

Last edited:
Well, I guess Black was due for a Heroic BSOD anyways. Not sure how he'll recover from it in just a week, though. I can't see him handling it as well as White did after Bubu left.

"- Black collapses (much like how White fell when Gigi betrayed her)"
i want some good hair-stroking comforting by White at this point please

"N revives his team with Revives"
That would piss me off.

Wow, a week is not a lot of time for Black to recover from Musha leaving him, given how much he relies on Musha to help him battle clearly. :/ He better figure out some way of clearing his own head or he's not going to be doing very well.

Oh, and what did it mean that Black's "dreams have changed" and that Musha didn't like them anymore? I've been having a rough time keeping chronology in this series straight lately and I wasn't sure what dream it is of Black's that has changed to the point where Musha is dissatisfied with them.

What I personally think will happen.

After having a gym battle with Hugh, Cheren will give Hugh his Snivy.
Bianca will give her Oshawott to a counterpart to Nate.
White will have some sort of role in PokeStar studios and a protege who is a counterpart to Rosa, which at one point lead to her giving Rosa Gigi who is seeking forgiveness.

What I personally think will happen.

After having a gym battle with Hugh, Cheren will give Hugh his Snivy.
Bianca will give her Oshawott to a counterpart to Nate.
White will have some sort of role in PokeStar studios and a protege who is a counterpart to Rosa, which at one point lead to her giving Rosa Gigi who is seeking forgiveness.

Question: Why do Bianca and Cheren have to give up their starters?

It's not like those are the only other ones available.

Because they wouldn't need them so they can go on with there own pursuits, it's not like they've been shown using them a lot and why else have they never evolved.

That and we've already had a similar situation with Emerald.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom