• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review PK08: Delibird's Dilemma ・ PK09: Snorlax Snowman

There were no captions until after the second to last commercial break. It also said that the captions were provided by Turner, rather than 4Kids like they usually are.

As Pokémon shorts go, this was a good one. It's also hard to critisise the team that does Chronicles when they follow the edits of LoT with something like this, especially with the creation of Magic in the Night.

But I stand by my comments on the scene transitions. They break up the pace and would be better off cut out like they are in the TV version.
QED said:
Umm... I missed the episode but I thought Legend of Thunder part 3 aired yesterday?
There's two episodes a week now, (except this week.) Parts 2 and 3 of LoT aired last week.

I saw them in March on the Cartoon Network that I got in my room on the Norwegian Jewel. They were fine I guess. Pikachu episodes are usually boring because they try to be kid funny. The whole large group of snow snorlaxs was just stupid. I guess little kids find it funny.

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
There were no captions until after the second to last commercial break. It also said that the captions were provided by Turner, rather than 4Kids like they usually are.

Was "The Legend of Thunder" captioned by 4Kids? If not, then maybe they just didn't bother to caption the Chronicles series for some reason.

It was okay, if anything it was competently done (compared to Legend of Thunder anyway). I just find it really really REALLY strange that 4Kids would keep an episode like this in widescreen, yet all the movie releases are cropped to fullscreen.

Kind of weird watching a Xmas episode in the middle of June...

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom