• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Please help me...i'm desperate

slashdemon

Reaction score
(I cannot find the rules so)...is it ok to double post lol????

ANYWAY:
I have just learned about EVs and IVs etc.
I just need help with my perfect team. (note: I have not yet caught a tyranitar, spiritomb, or a ninjask

TEAM: "slash n burn"
Salamence@careful nature(likes to run) -I'm using him as a sweeper
attacks: draco meteor, dragon claw, roost, earthquake

Froslass@modest nature(often scatters things)- Annoyer
attacks:ice beam, double team, hail, (still deceiding on one more atk)

Tyranitar: Common Killer
attacks: dragon claw, earthquake, aerial ace,stone edge

Spiritomb: Tank
attacks: (not sure yet..)

Ninjask: Baton Passer
double team, baton pass (still deceiding on last 2)

still not sure on last pokemon...

So please please please help me out, list what held items you think, and state your oppinion of attacks, and if I should change one of my pokemon, or what pokemon should be added. It means everything to me. My pokemon dream is to defeat MARRILAND!

Shadow Ball on Frossy. Take advantage of lowered Sp. D. and STAB, and since Ice Beam's Special, too, that's win/win.

Your dream is to beat some random guy? Well...so be it. Here's what I see:

- Salamence: I see what you're trying to do with Draco Meteor here, but I think your Salamence would experience greater success using Dragon Dance. Dragon Claw is fine, as is Earthquake. Roost could be a nice obscurity and rude surprise to a foe using something like Tauros or Steelix, Forretress, etc. You could always consider Iron Tail, Rock Slide, Fly or Aerial Ace, as well. If you decide against Dragon Dance, use a Choice Band. If you want Dragon Dance, try a Lum Berry.

- Ninjask: Substitute, Baton Pass, X-Scissor and Swords Dance/Aerial Ace is what I'd recommend. I personally like the extra attack for opposing Ninjask or something to deal with Fighting-, Ghost- and Poison-types, should they come up. Salac, Petaya...use the stat boosting berry of your choice here.

- Froslass: Double Team and Hail seems like overkill on evasion, but I suppose it could work. Shadow Ball and Ice Beam are definitely moves Froslass should have. Confuse Ray over Double Team is a possibility. Leftovers or Petaya Berry would be nice here.

- Tyranitar: Your moveset looks fine. I'm sure people would advise you to go the Substitute/Focus Punch route, but I've never found that strategy to be viable. Drop Dragon Claw and go for Crunch; the STAB goes a long way. I get Aerial Ace for Fighting-types...I guess it's fine. I must mention Dragon Dance as a replacement for it, though. Item...hm...Leftovers, Liechi Berry...things of that nature.

- Spiritomb: I'm not a fan of defensive Spiritomb, but so be it. Confuse Ray, Hypnosis, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Pain Split and Rest are a few options. I'd try Rest, Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, Psychic for an aggressive-defensive hybrid. Leftovers, items like Brightpowder and Shell Bell would be good here.

- Last Pokemon: Arcanine and Starmie seem like solid additions. Starmie can be a full sweeper with Psychic, Surf, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt, which is quite formidable. You could also try Calm Mind and Recover, though it's a little on the cheap side to have both on the same moveset, IMO. Arcanine would be good as a third weather-altering Pokemon. Flamethrower, Solarbeam, Sunny Day and Dragon Pulse would be a very solid moveset. You could also try Flare Blitz, Crunch, Iron Tail and Extremespeed with a Choice Band. I'm going to recommend the Choice Band version, as I believe it has more potential.

Good luck with your team development and upcoming battle.

Well, ok

Salamence-
Draco Meteor/Dragon Claw, Roost, EQ, T-Fang/Dragon Dance

Draco Meteor since its the only Special Attack with STAB boost, Roost for when low on HP, EQ for Ice and Rock types, T-Fang for Water types that carry Icebeam, Dragon Dance to amp Salamence up.

Froslass-
Icebeam, Toxic, Swagger/Attract,Hail

Icebeam for raw power, powered up by Hail and STAB boost. Toxic, Swagger and Hail, for a real annoyer, Shadowball for power. Double Team for when it snaps out of confusion and still can't get a single hit in!!!

Tyranitar-Power Herb
Crunch, Stone Edge, Avalanche,Focus Punch

There is no reason for Aerial Ace since the power is no stronger than Avalanche or Focus punch on fighting types. Crunch, Stone Edge because of STAB boost. Avalanche is good for ground types, the power will always double because of Tyranitars pitiful speed. x4 damage on ground types then!
Focus punch is strong cuz it doesn't need to charge on the first turn because of Power Herb.

Spiritomb-Female
Toxic, Swagger,Attract/Doubleteam, Dark Pulse

More of an annoyer, Swagger and Attract so the opponent doesn't attack, Toxic and Swagger to gradually take the opponent down, Double Team so you can avoid the Swagger powered attacks. Dark pulse for the sake of an attack.

Ninjask-
Doubleteam,Swordsdance,Baton Pass, X-scissor

Always switch into Tyranitar or Salamence with Baton Pass. X-scissor in case Ninjask is your last pokemon.

Water types or Fire types are nice.

Suicune-
Surf, Toxic, Calm Mind, Swagger

Surf for an attack. Toxic and Swagger for annoyer. Calm Mind for tanking. You could go with the Psych Up/Roar combo or the Toxic/Roar/Toxic/Roar combo.

Arcanine-
Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Fireblast, Toxic

Fast Action sweeper, With sunny day, Arcanine pretty much loses the water weakness, sunny day also powers up Fireblast and Solarbeam, Toxic for fun.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom