• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar (Ended) (TEEN)

What do you think of this fic?

• Total voters
Re: Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar (1 Chapter Left)

@Instrutilus ; @Jinoga ; @Rob Anybody ; @Thundagere ; @Lugion ; @AetherX; @Lugion (You all owe me big reviews xD)

And so here it is. After more than a year of writing and posting Dragon’s Roar has finally reached its climax. I can honestly say that I’m really glad to write this and I’m really glad I had all of your support.

Honestly I was hoping that I could post this chapter while donning the two awards because really winning best long story and best main character is just…wow. Too bad that the award banners take too long.

Anyway time to explain the epilogues. I did two epilogues, one focusing on events that made come up in the sequel and the second is the real epilogue. There’s also AD’s epilogue done by Instrutilus the original creator of AD and the guy that allowed me to use him in my story.

Also there’s a little something for you guys at the end of the second Epilogue

Epilogue Number 1

Epilogue 1: A Storm is Brewing

Far away in the region of Hoenn stood a large, almost lifeless island known as Shriekback Island. This island had been uninhabited by humans for most of history and wasn’t even considered part of the main map of regions.

However, the island had now become the sight for one of the four largest Pokémon Academies around the world. Rogue Academy, a large academy that overlooked the raging seas. The school in itself resembled a large prison with towers set up next to each one of the buildings; along with guards to keep the peace around each area.

Rogue Academy, while one of the largest academies in the world, wasn’t at all prestigious. Half of the academy’s student body was completely made of dangerous delinquents that had been sent there in an attempt to change their ways. The difference between this and a juvenile facility was that since most of the students were interested in becoming trainers, the authorities as well as their parents thought it would be best if they did something they were interested in.

The other half of the student body was made of strong trainers that had been sent to the academy just to keep track and watch over the delinquents in case the guards weren’t good enough. This second half was usually made up of trainers that aimed to be policemen or some kind of profession that relies on protecting people. However, these people were usually treated as scapegoats by outsiders, as well as lazy.

Inside of the west wing, two figures were resting inside a large dark room; a room that, in turn only had a few couches set up around the room along with a large podium. The doors that led into the room opened, and a girl with long silver hair and wearing a pair of glasses walked in. She was wearing a short leather black skirt along with a pair of black stockings that up to her thighs. She was wearing a long sleeved black colored jacket that had a beast-like symbol on the left shoulder; the jacket in turn aligned with her large breasts and the rest of her body.

“You guys really need to turn the lights on more often,” the girl deadpanned before putting her hands together and clapping; causing the room to be lit completely.

“Don’t do that without warning, tuts!” a scream came from the right corner of the room as a teenager that seemed to be around seventeen got up from the floor.

“My name’s Irene, not tuts,” Irene replied with a slight frown as she looked at the young man.

“Seriously, why did you come to annoy us now?” the teenager had wild and long black hair with a purple tint to it. He had a pair of violet colored eyes that went well with the smug grin on his face. Like Irene, he was wearing a black jacket; except his was opened up so that people could see the muscles and toned chest under the jacket, he also wore a pair of matching black pants.

“You shouldn’t even be here, Crow. You can’t skip classes all your life or else you’ll never leave,” Irene groaned before quickly grabbing a hold of Crow’s ear and beginning to pull on it; causing him to yowl in pain.

“Don’t do that!” Crow yelled as he pushed himself away from Irene and grabbed ahold of his ear. His hand went into his pocket as he swiftly pulled a knife out. Irene didn’t move, though, as Crow got closer to her and put the knife on her throat. “Seriously, tuts. If you didn’t have such a nice ass and boobs I would cut your throat right off,” he replied while licking the knife as a mad smile crossed his face. Irene didn’t even flinch though; instead she looked up at Crow with indifference.

“Retrieve that,” she ordered; making the delinquent gulp before taking the knife back into his pocket.

“Could you guys stop making so much noise? You’re not letting me sleep.” A loud yawn came from the other side of the room, causing Irene and Crow to look at the large teenager that was sleeping on one of the couches. He was at least twice as tall as Irene and his body was larger than both of his friends. Like Crow, he was wearing his jacket opened up, except that his body was even more toned and larger than Crow’s; he also wore a matching set of pants. He had long messy orange colored hair that spiked up and a drowsy look on his face.

“Maybe you should stop sleeping Tora,” Irene said as she turned to look at Tora while putting her hands on her waist. “Seriously. I just got back from talking to the principal, he wanted to give me a message of an event that’s being prepared for next year, the new principal of Elemental Academy suggested it.”

“Oh…what kind of event? Knowing those sissies it’s probably some kind of contest,” Crow chuckled to himself. Unlike Rogue Academy, which was filled with wild and rebellious teenagers, Elemental Academy was considered one of the best academies to be in and was part of the Top Three academies in the world. “On that subject, what the hell happened to their old principal? They just switched out of nowhere.”

“That’s confidential, according to our principal. Anyway, they suggested for the Top Three and us to participate in a tournament with each other,” Irene replied as she made sure that Tora was awake. “They’re going to choose their strongest trainers so that they can fight in the tournament and we were chosen as the strongest of this academy.”

“Of course we were,” Crow chuckled. “I’m the strongest delinquent along with Tora, you’re the strongest care taker and Tora is the strongest trainer,” Crow nodded his head with pride as he took out his knife once more and began spinning it around his hand. “I’m actually kind of curious, I heard there’s this black Charizard trainer who’s presumed to be the strongest. I can’t wait,” he grinned maniacally.

Out of the Top Three academies located around the world, the best and most popular one of them all would certainly be Knight Academy. Knight Academy is a prestigious academy located on the southern end of Unova. It usually houses powerful Pokémon trainers as well as people that would influence the world later on.

Knight Academy in itself is a large medieval structure that extends for miles. The castle of course has multiple quads for people to spend time in but other than that is pretty much closed space. All of the students wear the same uniform just like Rogue Academy and Pendulum Academy but they are situated in different dorm rooms with assigned roommates.

Inside of the castle, a tall sixteen-year old teenager was running through the halls, avoiding the crowd of students walking to their next class as well as the various girls that smiled and waved at him. He had curly platinum blond hair that bounced as he ran and went well with his innocent innocent face and amber eyes.

He, like most of the male students, was wearing a long sleeved white buttoned vest with a sword symbol embedded on both of his shoulders, as well as on the left side of his chest. The jacket had a long neck and the edges of the sleeves were colored blue; apart from that he also wore a pair of black jeans.

“Why is he always running off and hiding?” he panted as he turned to the left and began running down a flight of stairs.

“Yo, Nicol. What’s wrong?” Nicol turned around to look at the teenager that walked past him. He had messy blond hair that that fell down over his head along with a pair of shining blue eyes; he wore a uniform just like Nicol’s. His jacket was unbuttoned at the top to reveal his toned chest.

“Kyle. Do you know where Alder is? Father told me to tell him the news about the academy tournament that’s planned for next year, but I can’t find him,” Nicol panted as he turned to look at the teenager with blue hair.

“Oh, you mean Breaker? I saw him in the quad below sleeping,” He replied before his left arm was tugged by the girl next to him. “Sorry, babe, had to help a friend,” he replied with a sly smile as he and the girl walked up.

Nicol sighed before running down the steps and out of the building into the quad. Many students were sitting around on the benches while others were lying on the grass or sitting down and staring at the sky.

One of those students was Alder, or Breaker as people usually called him; unlike most people though Nicol would usually refer to him by his real name. This was mostly out of respect, seeing as they were brothers. Breaker was the sort of guy that you could say would never hurt a fly; mostly because he was so lazy that it was frankly a miracle for him to do something that was actually important.

Breaker, like Kyle and Nicol, wore the Knight Academy uniform but the neck on his jacket was raised, and just like Kyle he had the top button of his jacket unzipped; allowing people to see the red shirt under it. He also had messy red and orange hair that covered his forehead and a pair of amber eyes.

“Alder, why are you here? Dad called you to the office and told you to summon the Six Knights,” Nicol frowned as he put his hands on his hips and looked down at his brother.

“I did. I just saw Kyle pass by and you’re here now,” Breaker raised his head. “Also. Call me Breaker, not Alder, it isn’t as cool.” Breaker sat up before grinning a few girls that passed by. Like Nicol he was pretty popular around the school, but he also took advantage of it, unlike his younger brother. “Besides, just because the old man is the principal doesn’t mean I have to follow every single order he gives me,” he frowned as he looked up at Nicol. “Couldn’t hurt you to follow my example either, little bro.”

Nicol just sighed in frustration while rubbing his temples. “Breaker, that is the reason why you should listen to what he tells you.” he shook his head. “There’s going to be a tournament between the four academies next year and dad wants the Six Knights to start preparing.”

“But we’re gonna enter summer too, and we have a lot of time, so I don’t see why the hell I have to worry about it now,” Breaker went back to lying on the ground before looking up at the sky. “I heard something weird happened at Elemental Academy, frankly I wouldn’t want to mess in their business. It’ll be too much work,” he shrugged as he put his hands under his head.

“Brother, as the leader of the Six Knights you leave a lot to be asked for,” Nicol frowned before shaking his head once more.

“Reggie Damon. That was the name of the kid that went from being the weakest to one of the strongest,” Breaker smiled happily. “I think I’ll get along with him.”

“He’s gonna need a lot of training if he really wants to be a match to you.” The two looked to their left to see a man around twenty years of age. He was wearing a long sleeved crimson colored long-coat and had long brown haired and a pair of crystalline blue eyes.

“Professor Damon. Sorry, I wasn’t slacking off, I was just…haha,” Breaker chuckled as he quickly got up from the floor.

“Come on, guys. I already told you, you can call me Alex,” Alex smiled before patting Breaker’s shoulder.Though I’m also curious about how you’ve developed, little bro he thought as he retrieved his hand from Breaker’s shoulder.

Pendulum Academy, a part of the Top Three, and known for being just as good as Elemental Academy in terms of student quality. The academy is located southeast from Sinnoh in a small reserve island and, more like Knight Academy, is defined by multiple mansions all surrounded by a tall brick wall that goes on for miles.

Inside the east mansion two students were running through the hallway at full speed. “Come back here you pervs!” a girl screamed as she ran through the hallway with a towel covering her body, except for her long cherry colored hair. “How the hell do you dare to peek ahhH!” she yelled as she slipped on the floor causing her to fall, along with the towel.

“Still looking good, Tanya,” the shorter teenager chuckled while looking back. He had messy black hair that covered part of his forehead, but was set up specifically so that it wouldn’t cover his blue eyes. He, along with his friend, were wearing the school’s uniform, a long-sleeved purple long coat with stylized white lines.
His friend was taller and stockier.. He had straight black colored hair that was pretty much opaque by his brown eyes and the rest of his large body. “That was really fun, I didn’t think she would actually come chasing us, Johan,” he laughed as he looked at Johan; who was grinning smugly as he walked.

“She did just what I expected, Clay. Even if she had caught us I wouldn’t care since it was totally worth it,” Johan nodded his head before making a turn on the hallway. “I heard the principal is going to accept for Pendulum Academy to participate in that competition next year. That means we’re gonna have our hands full, so I want to enjoy my free time.”

“I wonder if we’ll get to meet strong people, I heard the Six Knights of Knight Academy are pretty good,” Clay replied.

“I actually have someone in Elemental Academy that I want to check out,” Johan nodded his head as his cell phone started ringing. “Finally, I didn’t think she’d take so long.” He grabbed the cell phone before opening it and picking it up. “Yo, how are things recovering?”

“Well everyone’s good; Reggie was just discharged from the hospital today.” Valerie’s voice came out from the other line, making a grin pass Johan’s face. “You should’ve seen him, he’s gotten really strong.”

“Really, I’m glad. I always knew cuz was strong deep inside,” Johan laughed before gaining a more serious grin. “So that means I’ll actually have to watch out for him later.”

“I think you should,” Valerie said in a playful tone. “But don’t push yourself too hard, big brother, you wouldn’t want to strain yourself. Plus, we still haven’t been told about the competition due to the whole recovery so I don’t want you to start planning until he agrees to it,” she explained.

“Don’t worry Val, I won’t,” Johan shook his head before hanging up and looking up at Clay. “Looks like next year might be interesting after all,” he grinned once more before he started walking again.

AD's Epilogue (Credit goes to Instrutilus)

Sat amongst the ruins, upon the pillar that, although eroded with age, had been carved with such craftsmanship that it still held the detail it had been inscribed with, there sat a familiar trainer. The trainer in question was awaiting the arrival of this universes’ Palkia, the God whom could send him back to his universe: while this universe was interesting and all, it still didn’t feel right. Besides, he needed to get back to look into those ruins Cynthia was talking about: while it was awkward enough to hang around her due to…certain affairs that caused A.D to subconsciously blush, he couldn’t resist looking into one of the many ruins that littered Sinumonas.

A gentle breeze blew through the ruins, disturbing the restless dirt but not bothering the Wandering Trainer: he had travelled through Sinnoh with no warmer clothes back when he was 14, so a slight breeze was nothing to him. He did, however, let out a sigh: he had been waiting here for a good hour now and Palkia had yet to show, even though the first time he appeared in this universe, the damned thing had tracked him down and ended up trapping him and 3 others in a pocket dimension during a fight over that Chigon creature almost immediately…well, Harris was after Chigon, Tivo wanted Palkia.

Thinking about the events that went on, A.D wondered how the egg was getting along, and if it would hatch soon: he’d stay, but he had to get back to his universe, as Celebi was difficult to come by and he wasn’t sure if there were any time differences between the universes, bar the obvious 91 days per year Sinumonas went though due to it’s closer orbit around it’s star. A.D smirked as he recalled his jokes with Peter after they were taught these general facts, about how it was surprising his friend even remembered they were still in the Orion–Cygnus Arm between the Carina–Sagittarius Arm and the Perseus Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy, alongside the Sol System. It was basic Primary School knowledge.

Scratching under his chin, he noticed a low humming sound: he opened an eye to identify it and noticed a pink tear in the fabric of space. From within, the God of Space came forth and entered the space-time it maintained with its sibling, Dialga. The creature stood in all its glory, observing the surrounding area and the peaceful silent winds that swept across it, only for the silence to be breached by a high-pitched whistle. The god turned to the source, who merely gave a sort of two fingered salute in response.

“Hey there, remember me?” A.D called to it, hoping that he would be familiar enough for Palkia to recognise him as a foreign entity to the universe. The God began to growl at the trainer, before raising an arm to attack. A.D immediately put his hands forward in a calm down gesture, “No, no, calm down, I’m not here to attack you.”

The God heard and cautiously lowered its guard, before moving toward the trainer. A.D stood still as Palkia observed him, evidentially attempting to discern his Universe of Origin rather then sending him off to some random place where Mobius was Earth or something. After a few quiet seconds, the God apparently came to a conclusion, as it raised one of the clawed, armoured hands, itself letting off a pink glow, and brought it down on nothing but air: A.D could literally see the space itself warp and tear under the command of the deity in front of him, becoming a tunnel toward another space, that of his world.

The Wandering Trainer never looked back at the world he was leaving: his expression never changed, his walk never faltered, his face holding the ever-lasting, artificial shows of emotion he only displayed to fit in amongst a crowd. He had no attachment to this world; he rarely formed bonds when he knew he’d be leaving eventually anyway, thus he could come and go as he pleased without orientating to a particular area. And with little more then a smirk at the fond memories of the place, the Wandering Trainer disappeared from this universe, followed only by the God that allowed him to do so in the first place…

Epilogue Number 2

Epilogue 2: Time to Move Forward

The spring breeze blew around Elemental Academy, making the leaves sway with the wind and sending several Pokémon scampering for the warmth of their dens. The school was empty, as were the dorms, but that was due to a very specific reason.

The whole academy had gone to Rin Island, the Academy Archipelago’s beach island for students to go to on special occasions. There were food and drinks, both hot and cold, and the beach around the island was completely filled with students and teachers bathing, surfing, swimming, or just floating on the water.

Two months had passed since the final battle against Charles and now summer was approaching as well as the end of classes. However, since the academy had finally managed to recover from the battle after the two months, they were all celebrating with free day at the beach.

“Wow, the food is great and I get to take a lot of pictures!” Valerie exclaimed happily before taking a bite out of the kabob she was eating from a skewer, while taking a picture of all the people that were in the beach. She was wearing a blue bikini top leaving her bare, firm stomach exposed; she was also wearing a pair of white shorts. “And it’s great to see everyone’s happy once more after such a long time,” she nodded her head before pointing her camera over at Marie.

Marie was sitting down on the sand with her legs stretched, she was wearing a green bikini top and bottom and she was looking over at the beach. “Oh…I get it,” Valerie chuckled, noticing that Jack was walking out of the water holding a yellow colored surf board on his left arm. “You like him…” she muttered behind Marie, causing her to jump in surprise.

“Valerie! Don’t do that, you know it freaks me out!” Marie exclaimed in embarrassment while trying to hide the blush on her face. “Besides, I don’t think he’ll notice me anyway.”

Valerie turned to look at Jack once more, who was talking to some girls from his dorm. It was amazing what a regeneration machine could do, his right eye was now completely healed after two months so he was back to using his glasses; though of course he had them off at the moment since he was in the water.

“Oh, I’m sure he’ll notice eventually,” Valerie giggled softly before sitting down next to Marie. “I know you’re really worried about him. I remember when the fight ended and you were the first one to help him with his wounds,” she said before letting out a soft laugh and patting Marie. “So you don’t like Reggie anymore?”

“I guess not,” Marie shook her head. “He’s really sweet but I guess I really do like Jack a little more,” she explained, only to notice Jack walking over.

“Hey Marie, wanna go get something to eat?” Jack asked while drying his hair as he looked over at a grill nearby, where people had been lining up to grab some of the meat that was being cooked.

“Um…sure,” Marie blushed before she was pulled up by Jack. “Is your eye okay?”

“Yeah, I’m seeing fine right now…thank you,” Jack smiled, causing Marie to step back for a moment as her blush increased. She managed to recover quickly though, and left with Jack.

Valerie took a quick picture before hearing some soft noises coming out from a rock behind her. “What?” she got up and looked around, only to deadpan as she saw Darren sitting down and clutching on his grumbling stomach. “What are you doing?”

“I’m hungry. But every time I walk people always start crowding me,” Darren frowned as he looked up at Valerie. “Since the fight against Charles everyone’s treating me as if I’m some kind of hero, and I hate that,” he explained as he pushed himself up.

“Well, technically you are a hero,” Valerie nodded her head; she still couldn’t understand why Darren was so cold towards accepting other people. “Let’s do this; I’ll go get you some food if you promise to walk out of there. Kay,” she smiled before sitting next to Darren.

Darren just looked at her; he knew that Valerie was just trying to trick him into walking out. He was also hungry though, so wasn’t like he could actually refuse such a good offer, but if he was going to walk out in exchange for the food he might as well just go get it himself. “You’re pretty sly,” Darren shook his head as he got up and began walking out.

“If I wasn’t then I wouldn’t have been able to get you to join the team,” Valerie wagged her finger while giggling. She walked past Darren before turning her head to see him better. “Let’s go then.”

“I’m still angry that you guys didn’t even wait for me,” Jordan said while drinking some of the slurpee Fin had bought for him along with his own. He had recovered from the wounds of the fight against Incendio and Neptune but his pride was still damaged from being completely absent to the final battle. “I swear I’m going to get stronger.”

“Brain freeze!” Fin exclaimed, hitting his head with his hand as he tried to get the cold headache to go away. He then looked at Jordan; who was given him a frown along with a shake from his head. “Sorry. Anyway, you were already knocked out and it’s not like you would’ve been able to do anything anyway,” he shrugged before going back to his slurpee. “Brain freeze!” he yelled once more before hitting his head again.

“Would you stop doing that!? It’s obvious that you’re going to get a brain freeze if you keep slurping until you reach one!” Jordan yelled with an annoyed look on his face; mostly because Fin wasn’t even trying to hear what he was saying.

“Anyway. What happened with your dad then?” Jordan asked while looking at Fin with the corner of his eyes. Fin decided to keep his hair red like it originally was, and while he stopped using the cape he had now started putting as much training on his dragon Pokémon as he did for his water types.

“I guess it couldn’t hurt me to accept my title, besides girls just love it when I tell them I’m Lance’s son. Not that I need to tell them anyway,” Fin shrugged as he looked up at the sky. “I’m going back to Four Island once the year ends and I’ll finally have some of my mom’s lasagna once more,” he smiled before he started slurping again alongside Jordan.

“Brain Freeze!” they both yelled as they slapped their foreheads.

Meanwhile on the other side of the beach Miko was making her way towards a ridge that overlooked the sea. She was carrying a plate with two burgers in it along with a grin on her face. She was wearing a red bikini top and bottom and she had tied her hair in a pony tail. “Reggie loves burgers so I know he’ll be happy when he sees this,” she said before blushing.

“Should I tell him? I did kiss him that one time but…” she blushed, feeling nervous now that everything had gone back, it’s not that she didn’t want to tell him it was more like she didn’t want to think about what could happen if it didn’t work out.

“Hey, I’ve got burgers,” Miko said as she walked out of the forest and towards the ridge. She blushed a little as she saw Reggie sitting on the edge with his back facing at him. He was wearing a short sleeved blue jacket that also had a white hood and the wind was blowing his brown hair around a little.

“Chi!’ she looked down; only to see Chigon walked over to her while sniffing happily.

“You like burgers too, huh Chigon?” Miko replied with a giggle before she walked over to Reggie, she was walking carefully so as to not drop the plate though. “You look serious,” she sat down next to Reggie; getting him to look at her and the plate.

“Oh. Sorry it’s just, I was thinking of something,” Reggie nodded his head as he looked over at the sea once more. “About what happened to Charles after the fight mostly.”

“What did happen to him anyway?” Miko asked before grabbing one of the burgers and taking a piece of it so that Chigon could eat.

“Well you see…”

Reggie looked all around him, noticing that he was back in the white space from before; however he didn’t know if he was dead again or not, though the last thing he remembered was being enveloped by a bright white light. “I didn’t expect to see you so soon,” he heard a chuckle from behind before turning around so that he faced Raphael once more. “Good job, though,” he shrugged while smiling.

“Am I dead again?” Reggie asked, practically ignoring the previous comments Raphael had made.

“Nope,” Raphael shook his head as he did another shrug. “But like I told you, I was going to give you the answers you’ve been looking for.” he clicked his fingers, causing two couches to appear out of nowhere. Reggie just stared at the fine red lining in the couches as he saw Raphael sit down before quickly doing the same. “So. Ask away,” he stretched his hand so as to allow Reggie to speak.

“Well, for starters. What happened during your fight against Shroud? I never managed to see the end of it,” Reggie pointed out as he leaned back against the couch.

“I thought you figured it out already,” Raphael grinned. “I did the same that you did, I summoned Cielgon and kicked Shroud’s ass along with his dragon’s. It was great,” he nodded his head with pride. “Unfortunately after the fight ended Shroud’s spirit fused with the dragon and we weren’t able to seal it, and since we had that threat to face then our people decided to leave and start over. Of course me and Valentine were included.”

“So there really was a happy ending…sort of.” Reggie looked back at Raphael before scratching his chin. “Another question, you said you’ve been watching over me. But how? And for that matter how come Chigon went extinct? And if they did then why do I have one?”

“Well we should start with the second and third question for that one,” Reaphael pointed out with a raised finger. “After the fight against Shroud most Chigon were turned into Darkan and as thus died when I destroyed the dragon, leaving almost no Chigon left alive. With the years they started dying as a secondary effect of being exposed to the Dragon of Shroud’s power, mine was the only one that survived, of course,” he explained while nodding his head.

“Now for the third and first question. You see, a Chigon doesn’t die unless it’s killed or suffers from the disease, otherwise it lives along with its master till that person dies. When we both died I had my spirit fused with Chigon and we were sealed; we were given one mission, though, and that was too wait till it seemed like Shroud was going to wake up again,” Raphael explained before stopping to make sure that Reggie was listening. “And centuries later it happened. As for the comet thing… well I guess you can say that’s more of a secondary effect from being summoned,” he shrugged.

“So you’re saying that you’ve been inside Chigon this whole time?” Reggie couldn’t help but gasp, all that time he had thought Chigon was simply just the reincarnation of Raphael’s Chigon, he never would’ve a thought that in a way he was Raphael himself. “Amazing.”

“Yeah, you were the one that connected with Chigon’s wavelength more,” Raphael nodded his head before noticing that Reggie had a puzzled look on his face.

“But…why me? I mean, there’s my older brother Alex who’s a better trainer than me,” he pointed out in curiosity.

“That’s something I can’t answer,” Raphael’s look suddenly turned serious, causing Reggie to raise an eyebrow at what he meant by it. “I can only tell you that this was only the beginning. You’ll have to face more challenges along the way; I don’t know when or where but you will,” he explained before getting up from the couch. “Anyway. I think it’s time that you go back, you must be really tired, after all,” he smiled once more before a gap was created in the space. The gap reflected what was on the outside and Reggie could see the forest of Kin Island.

“Wait a minute. What’s gonna happen to Charles?” Reggie asked, making Raphael scratch the back of his head while looking sideways.

“He gave his soul to the dragon. His soul and essence disappeared along with the dragon just like Shroud’s did,” Raphael replied, making Reggie gasp before looking down in sadness. “Don’t feel bad, he was dangerous, besides only the bad side of his soul was taken in. Whatever good still remained has dissolved into the land and will be used to help it grow stronger, so in a way he’s helping out,” he explained before patting Reggie’s shoulder. “You just focus on enjoying the peace. You did great,” Raphael grinned before pushing Reggie, making him scream as he went through the gap.

“And the next thing I remember was that I was already in the hospital,” Reggie nodded his head before looking back at Miko. “And I also saw you guys completely relieved,” Reggie chuckled.

“Yeah,” Miko grabbed the other burger in her plate before pointing at Reggie. “It has cheese and roasted ham just like you like it,” she smiled cheerfully as Reggie grabbed the burger and took a bite out of it.

“It’s really good,” Reggie pointed out before he started eating as if he hadn’t eaten for months. “Sorry. It’s just that it’s been so long since I had a chance to eat in peace,” he chuckled as Chigon jumped on top of his shoulder. “I missed these moments, where I could just talk to you calmly. Also I want to say that I’m sorry for what happened with….” Before he could finish he found his burger stuffed into his mouth.

“It’s a happy day, don’t speak about depressing stuff,” Miko frowned before taking another bite out of her burger. “Let’s just enjoy it for now. Kay,” she winked at him; causing him to blush.

“Okay,” Reggie nodded his head in agreement. He could still remember when Miko kissed him, but for some reason he just couldn’t push himself to enter the manner. Part of him wanted to forget about it and not risk it and the other wanted to tell her but was too nervous about the outcome. “Miko I…”

“Yes. What is it?” Miko turned to look at him.

“I wouldn’t mind getting another one,” Reggie replied with a smile. He didn’t want those days to change whether it was for the better or worse at the moment he just wanted things to stay as they were.

“Yeah, let’s go,” Miko nodded her head before getting up.

Summer had now reached the Academy Archipelago and classes were officially over granting the students the chance to go back home for the summer. The sound of ships letting out steam could be heard from every corner of the island and students filled the dock as they said their goodbyes to each other.

Inside the principal’s office in the main building sat the new principal of Pokémon Academy as he looked out of the window towards the dock. “Well then, it was a great run, but I have to retire,” came the voice of Agatha from behind his desk. “Are you sure you’re going to be able to handle this on your own, youngster?”

“Of course I will, Agatha,” the principal replied with a soft laugh before turning around, letting his medium length black hair wave around his forehead as the chair spun around; his red eyes gleaming with the light from the sun. “The school has a lot of money saved up and I still have money from when I was a champion and a Frontier Brain.” Brendan laughed while ruffling the back of his head.

“Yeah, but you’re still too young to lead a whole school,” Agatha shook her head as a grin crossed her face. “If you need help, just remember to call me, okay?”

“I know Agatha, I will. Don’t doubt it.” Brendan replied. “Anyway, I already got your replacement and Professor Anderson won’t be joining us next year, so I also got a new teacher to be the head of Blastoise Aqua, as well as finding my replacement,” Brendan replied.”

“Oh, are they good?” Agatha asked.

“They’re all about my age but they’re really great. This Stacy Lewis, for example, has already been a teacher in Canalave City’s university, and I’ve already known her since she was my age due to her being a relative of Wallace,” Brendan explained as he showed Agatha a picture of the new teacher. She had long blue hair that went down to her waist and had a pair of beautiful blue eyes along with lightly tanned skin and a great figure. “She was also a model.”

“Are you sure the boys won’t get rowdy when they see her?” Agatha deadpanned as she raised her head. “I know we already have Miss Rose but she isn’t as upbeat, like what this girl lets on.”

“Don’t worry, it’ll be fine,” Brendan nodded his head before getting up. “Anyway. I’ll escort you out as a favor,” he held out his hand, allowing for Agatha to walk out alongside him.

“Bye guys, hope you have a good summer!” Valerie waved as she saw Marie and Jack heading over to the ship that went to the Sinnoh region. She took in some air before letting it back out and beginning to walk towards the Kanto ship.

“So you’re going home?” Reggie and Miko were standing in between the Johto and Kanto ship while looking at each other. Reggie looked at Chigon from the corner of its eye; who was staring at all the people walking by and waving at him. “I hope you have a good summer.”

“The same goes for you,” Miko smiled as she looked at two Pokéballs that were strapped to his belt. “I thought you had already sent all your Pokémon home aside from Chigon?” she raised an eyebrow before seeing Reggie take out one of the balls and handing it to Miko.

“These are the two pokeballs that AD gave me, they contain Pokémon eggs,” Reggie nodded his head as he let go of the ball. “I figured you should have one and I’ll have the other, take it as a gift,” he smiled before turning around.

“Thanks,” Miko turned around as well to try and hide her blush. “See ya next year Reggie,” she waved before she walked over towards the Johto ship.

Reggie had gotten into the Kanto ship as he noticed Valerie and Fin standing in the front of the ship. “Fin. What are you doing here?”

“What do you mean by that? Aren’t you glad to see me?” Fin smiled as he put an arm around Reggie’s neck and smiled. “Since I live in the Sevvi Islands and the only way to get there is through taking this ship I’ll be your ship mate for the night,” Fin chuckled softly.

“Well that’s great,” Reggie nodded his head before covering his eyes due to the flash from Valerie’s camera. “Val!”

“What? I was just catching the moment,” Valerie giggled before putting her camera back. “Hey do you know what happened to Darren by the way?” she asked before looking around at all the people that were on the ship. Since Darren didn’t have a definite place he go she thought he would be there.”

“He left this morning to go to Sinnoh,” Reggie replied while looking out towards the ocean; Chigon had jumped back onto his shoulder and was looking at all the people curiously. “He said he wanted to go back to his adoptive parent’s house and have a talk, says he wants to go back home now.”

“Well, that’s fine, but I still have one question on my mind,” Reggie raised his hand; causing Reggie to look back at him. “What happened to Zivok? The guy just vanished and we haven’t seen him since.”

“Well. Darren thinks he might have used Darkrai at the last minute, I don’t know if he managed to survive after he left or not, though,” Reggie shrugged before leaning back. He still couldn’t figure out what Raphael was referring to when he said “there’ll be more to come”, maybe it was around Zivok? But why was he so unsettled when Reggie mentioned his brother? “Anyway, we’ll just have to wait and see, we still have two years left, after all.”

“Chi!” Chigon cheered as he and Reggie looked off towards the direction of Kanto.

He couldn’t tell where he was or what was the earth shattering pain that was going through his body, only recognizing the fact that he was alive and that he was currently in some kind of dark forest. “What’s going on?” Zivok opened his eyes as much as they could as he looked down to see his blood stained coat that had been opened; allowing him to see his bandaged shoulder.

“Two months to wake up. Meh, I guess it’s better than nothing.” Zivok looked at the tree in front of her where someone was sitting down at the edge of it. He couldn’t detail who it was but he managed to see a pair of piercing black eyes that almost perfectly blended with the darkness of the forest and a wicked grin; he could also discern that the person was a teenager.

“Who are you?” Zivok asked slowly before noticing the Master Ball that was on the floor next to him.

“Who I am doesn’t really matter,” the figure held out his right hand, allowing Zivok to detail the fact that his skin was lightly tanned. “But I guess if you must know then I’ll tell you,” He chuckled softly. “My name is Noeh Shroud but you can call me Noeh,” he answered; making Zivok gasp.

“Noeh Shroud…” Zivok muttered as the figure got up from the tree.

Pokémon Academy Dragon’s Roar

End

Afterwords:

I like to thank all of you for keeping up with this story and reading frankly I can't say that I've actually won anything because it was thanks to you guys that I did so half of what this story has now is all because of you.

I like to thank Thundagere for being my oldest reader as well as beta reading the last two chapters. Thunda I know I sent you a lot of messages to remember to read but that's because I really like your reviews and every time I see them I light up with expectation.

AetherX I'm thankful that you managed to catch up and read just like Thunda your reviews are great and you're such a great writer so I'm glad that you actually bother to read this.

Instrutilus...what don't I owe you man, let's see banners, sprites, chapter banners...AD! really part of the story couldn't have happen without your help and you always were a great support I know you think AD isn't that special but I consider him such as well as everything else you do.

Rob Anybody oldest along with Thunda your reviews aren't exactly the longest but their the funniest it's hard for someone to make me laugh with only one line and to point out the key points something that couldn't be done even by skimming.

Jinoga I had you as a reviewer and then you left and then you came back but you're still one I look up to you helped me base Zivok a little since I added some of the aspects from Guillotine at the time I created him. Anyway I really respect you and look up to you as a great writer so it's always good to have feedback from you.

And if Lugion, BlueNostalgia and Some Color No Doubt manage to catch up then I wanna say thank you because I know that it's hard for such great authors like you to bother in reading all of this chapters and I'm really thankful for it and sorry for reminding you so much every time.

And last but not least...once more I like to thank you all and I hope to see you next time in...

Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody

Preview: Reggie and his friends are back for their second year in Elemental Academy this time things will take a more tranquil turn as Reggie and his friends will have to deal with school things from studying for tests, field trips and events held by the academy all with the introduction of new teachers as well as new students don't miss the sequel to Dragon's Roar where we will finally settle one of the most acclaimed ship tease of all.

Last edited:
Sweet, new story!
All I can say is, I'm glad there's going to be more. You tied things up nicely, and the next book excites me. Not that much left to say, except that this fic went much like Reggie did—from small to one of the best fics int eh Workshop. Great job!

Re: Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar (1 Chapter Left)

Rob Anybody oldest along with Thunda your reviews aren't exactly the longest but their the funniest it's hard for someone to make me laugh with only one line and to point out the key points something that couldn't be done even by skimming.

Aww come on! You're making me blush! :sweatlol: Now as for review.(I hate being serious)
Plot was great, the story really flowed aside from a hiccup or two(mostly in the early chaps.). Characterization(Is that even a word?) was great, you could really relate to the characters. Writing: Decent at the start, improved as you went along. Your biggest problem is your spelling, however, and while you may have improved on your grammar, some grammatical errors still sneak in.

Overall grade: 9.1/10

Now I'm gonna start beating my keyboard against the wall til either Academy 2 or Skyridge 2 come out. Oh and Miko spending time with Reggie, I'd ask if they slept together, but we all know there wouldn't be much sleeping going on...:smokin:

Just wanted to let you know I finished, I'll edit this post with a full review once I get time.

EDIT: Won't have any more time than this, so here we go:

SETTING: It took a little while for you to really build the world that this all takes place in, but once you did, it fit wonderfully. The Archipelago itself was an amazing place for the fic to take place, giving Reggie and co. plenty of places to explore and train, as well as for the plot to develop. It also makes perfect sense that a place like that would be home to one of the greatest Pokemon Academies in the world.

As for everything outside of the academy, it's really great how you incorporate the games' canon. It was so cool to see famous player characters as teachers and I was especially excited to see them get in on some of the action. It only makes sense, because they are, after all, some of the best trainers ever. I look forward to seeing your take on some of the already established regions in the sequel. My major complaints about the setting are detailed in the writing section below.

CHARACTERS: You have quite the motley crew of goodies and baddies, don't you? You obviously don't need anyone else telling you that Reggie is great, just looking at his TWO awards, so I'll only go into the other characters. The first supporting character that we see is Jack, which I think is important. He is the first real rival a la the games. He's kind of a dick but he's also obviously a good guy. Just like in the games, he becomes more and more important as time goes on and also becomes less and less of a douche, eventually ending up as a part of the "final four" as it were. Jack, however, was only the first of many, many characters. This is where I think you really shone. There were so many, characters, but you made each one important and unique in their own way. Miko was the supportive friend, damsel in distress, and a love interest; Jordan was the comedy relief and friendly rival; Marie was also a supportive friend, helper, and anti-sausage-fest-er; Fin was a plot device and pseudo-team leader; Valerie was shipping fuel, comedy-relief, and emotional support; and Darren was the bad guy rival turned good guy rival, plot device, and arguably a second main character. And those were just the students!

On the evildoer side of things, the characters were just as detailed as the good guys, especially shown in their last chapters. You gave them motivations and personalities that made them original and memorable as individuals rather than "the four bad guys." The only complaint I could possibly have is that the characters got a little jumbled in the beginning. I have no trouble now recalling each one of them, put it took a little while for them to differentiate themselves enough to really be memorable.

WRITING:
It was obvious from the beginning that this is where you would struggle. Luckily you made up for it with some great ideas and an obvious ambition when it comes to writing, but the quality of the job, especially in the first part or two, leaves some to be desired. Your spelling was off-putting at times, which you really want to avoid, but improved over the course of the fic. Fortunately the same could be said for both your description and your grammar. Although I won't say that it's perfect now, you've clearly gotten much better.

Description, I think, is something that you should focus on in the next fic. You did a decent job, and maybe I just like more detail than most people, but I feel like a little too much was left to imagination. Although this can sometime be a good thing, what you really want in a story is for the reader to be envisioning the same thing that you are, otherwise they aren't getting the full experience. Try reading through your chapters incredibly literally, only imagining the things that are described in words, not the things that you know are there but didn't put down. If it's different from what you want to portray, add more description. I would especially say to put more detail into describing the environment, the setting that everything takes place in. Tell us about the landscape, the weather, the passerby people/Pokemon, everything. Again, you got much better at this as time went on, but it's always important to keep looking to improve.

PLOT: I'm a sucker for foreshadowing, and although there was some of it, I feel like the first couple chapters should have been absolutely dripping with the stuff. After witnessing all of the twists and turns you put us through, I could only think about how awesome it would have been if you had given us more teasers as to what was coming. Speaking of twists and turns, things got a little tangled here and there, but luckily the story seemed to straighten out into something a bit easier to follow after the Tournament Arc.

Overall, it's always easy to see the quality of a storyline when you look back at it at the end. Although the plot was a little generic, it was both epic and long enough that I find myself very satisfied. It's so... nostalgic to look back at the first couple chapters and see how far our friends Reggie and co. have come. If I can listen to a slightly upbeat, but slightly melancholy song after reading something and feel like I'm watching the credits, then that means I'm satisfied. Did this fic give me that feeling? I'm trying to avoid numerical ratings, but I'd give the wholeness of that feeling right now an 8/10. Very good job.

OVERALL: I'm not going to give a numeric rating, but I will say that this was a very good fic. Not the best I've read, per se, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that you finished a very well done fic with some amazing characters and a great plot. It has been really great reading this fic the past several months and talking with you about it. You have some really awesome ideas and I'm sure they will become even more awesome in the sequel. Be sure to tag me when it's out! No more to say here...

This is AetherX, signing off :party:

Last edited:
Dammit, you're words are going to my head! This'll only make me more of a big-headed fool I already am. Even though I don't see what I did exactly but read a story and tell ya what I think. :lol:

So anyway, I read the epilogue and I'm currently working on a full review. Like Aether, I'll edit it in later on. It's gonna be a big one for sure.

EDIT: Sorry I took so long, I had to read a little to review it.

Opening Statements: Looking back at this story. I am hard pressed not to have a feeling of nostalgia. This story began right after I joined Bmgf and was writing my very first relatively long story. It was also one of the first times I ever critiqued anyone’s work and be listened to (a little). Looking back, I realize this story has come a long way from that fledgling story that wandered the Workshop aimlessly, blooming to become one of the main representatives of it. In this humble review, I’ll try to point out what I liked and disliked with story, hoping that Flame Haze will learn from his mistakes and emphasize on his strong points, like every good writer should.

Plot: This ranged from entertaining to somewhat lacking. I appreciated the smoothness of the plot transition, it gave the feeling that you really planned out everything. The plot twists weren’t too powerful, but kept your interest. The biggest setback of the plot was the typical “mold” of a Shonen Manga. Many elements were simply too generic.

The best example would have to be the last chapter, the heroes are fighting the villain. Yet the villain is too powerful and the hero almost dies. But wait! An ancestor has appeared to cheer him on! He wakes up in full badass fury, talking all cool like Goku before he summons his greatest power and wins. Only one phrase for that, Katekyo Hitman Reborn. This is only one example, in many instances; it became more of an anime than a story.

But after saying that, the plot has a certain charm to it. It’s hard to describe, and while I could clearly see the generics to it, I still came back for more. Even I myself don’t know why, but that “charm” has to mean something good.

Characters: This the best part of the story. The characters are as diverse as ever, ranging from the arrogant asshole to the foolish beauty to the damsel in distress. Although some of the characters were uninspired, the sheer diversity of them and how well they interact made up for that.

Reggie was your typical shonen manga hero. Weak, unconfident and surrounded by friends and rivals, who meets a strong being/artifact (Chigon) and slowly evolving into a strong hero and discovering a hidden ancestry. Personally, I stand at neutral ground with him. I don’t find him really appealing because he’s too easy to predict, but I don’t hate him either.

Also there were some characters that just stood out, like A.D. And while he isn’t your creation, you portrayed him, therefore you deserve credit to that, also Instrulius for the character concept.

Dialogue: This is one of the weaker parts of the story. In many times, I found the dialogue stale, occasionally lacking the inspiration behind it. This is not to say it was bad, but further polish on it would’ve made it much better.

Furthermore, the relatively common breaking of the fourth wall was a problem. You would mostly break the wall at the worst times ever; whether that was in the final battle or just before facing off against an enemy. Breaking the wall is quite a rare and risky thing to do. Because it’s used as a joke and completely rips the reader out of the atmosphere of the story. Furthermore, the lines have to be a hilarious in order to justify it, sadly they weren’t. Only once did I see the fourth wall broken properly and that was during the filler chapter involving the dance between Miko and Reggie.

Description: It was good. Not much to comment about here.

Side Notes:

1- During the last chapter, when you included links to music videos. I didn’t like it. While I appreciate the effort to let us delve more into the story, it was unnecessary and the music didn’t really fit the events going on. Just my opinion. Personally, I just ignored them. This only strengthened my resolve to treat this as a Shonen Anime rather than a story.

2- Throughout the story, you suffered a lot from grammar problems and typos. Nothing really major but should be looked over just in case.

3- Finally, there is one more little thing. The word “Nod”… why is it constantly being repeated? You always use it and places it simply doesn’t fit in. I can’t stress this enough. If you could look over the story and see how many times you use it. Visualizing it, I imagine bobble-head land.

Conclusion: This story is a good one. But by no means is it the best story on Bmgf, but it does outclass others.
The diversity of the characters and their interactions alongside the sheer charm of the story as a whole, allow it rise up in the ranks but the sheer unoriginality of the plot and some characters, and other flaws keep it from being a top-notch story in my opinion. Luckily, most of what I mentioned before can be fixed with experience and time.

P.S. I hope you don’t hold it against me for what I wrote. I just want to be honest and just show you so that you can become better in the future. I will be reading. Good Luck.

Last edited:
AetherX: Thank you and that's probably one of the most realistic and best thank yous I've given in my life. You're right on the description part I myself know it because I'm the kind of guy that can imagine something without having a lot of description but when it comes to writing no amount of description is good enough to please me. Whenever I have to describe a surrounding I always feel like I'm missing something hell I'm having a lot of trouble describing the academy again in the sequel for new readers (hopefull I'll get some)

Actually that review makes me hope that you'd like the sequel too.

Jinoga: I'll wait be sure to notify me when you do it.

The reason why I said that I hope the sequel turns out as good is because...in case no one's notice for an academy fic there really haven't been a lot of academy stuff. The first part were events that were supposed to lead up to the second part as a sort of preparation but there were a lot of things that I wanted to do that would've made the first part way too long.

Those things...all those events and school life chapters are going to be transferred to the sequel so much that I can tell you that chances are that Year II of Reggie's academy life will be turned into two fics one for school life and one for action. Of course this doesn't mean the school life fic won't have action but it won't be as packed as this one so in a way you can say that it's a break from all the action before entering once more into action.

Also there were some characters that just stood out, like A.D. And while he isn’t your creation, you portrayed him, therefore you deserve credit to that, also Instrulius for the character concept.
Actually, I portrayed him: Flaze couldn't get the character down so we 'RPed' to get him right :L. And thanks, I'm guessing he stood out because of the whole differing Universe thing =P

Excellent finisher, Flaze. I look forward to the sequel, it has my eagerness behind it ^^

So it's been a few decades since I started, but I've FINALLY read the whole thing, and although it's already finished and I'm a little too late, here's my overall review:

Original Concept: I'm not gonna say it hasn't been done before, but the whole idea of the academy was really cool and the way in which you did it was obviously unique right from the start, and then even from that it evolved into so so much more, and it was awesome.

Plot: I must admit, at first I thought the plot was going to be quite predictable and somewhat bland, and I'm not saying it was perfect and completly free of cliches, but it did still leave me wanting more (despite what you might think from how long it took me to read the whole thing :L). The whole idea of adding other, new, original Pokemon to a fan fic was always something, to be brutally honest, I hated. I have never seen it executed in a way that didn't seem overly cheesy and cliched and horrible, until now of course. I think it was mostly the fact that you didn't base the fic soley on creations of your own, but rather intergrated them among the already existing Pokemon; it was very well done.
As others have already said, the plot got a little generic in places, but there was something about it that made me not really mind too much. Despite my first speculation, the whole thing actually flowed really well too, it wasn't ever too rushed in places, or at least that I could see.

Characters: It's not necessarily a bad thing, but some of the characters, again, were a little generic. In all honesty I can't really blame you because it happens to the best of us all the time; there's only so much you can do with a character before it starts to feel generic. Even so, I thought you did quite well. I know it's a little idiotic to choose the main character, but my favourite was honestly Reggie. He was actually really relatable and I found myself being able to predict him slightly, not due to a fault in your writing, but just because I understood him so well. And again, like the plot, his character development (although somewhat patchy at times) wasn't rushed at all, and it also didn't seem fake, as some writters fall into the trap of.

Writing Style: As I know others have pointed out and am sure you must be aware of by now, this is the biggest flaw. However, just because it's the biggest doesn't mean it's very big (if you get my meaning.. :S). Although your spelling and grammar can be quite off at times, it's still readable, and at the end of the day that's all that really matters. Another thing is that if you read the first chapter and the last chapter you'd think they were writen by different people, just because you improved SO much. The first chapter is riddled with mistakes and errors, but the last chapter contains just a few minor ones (that I noticed). It shows how adaptable you are as a writter; many people hear criticism, take it badly, and just ignore it, but you take it really well and seem to ponder it, and so you're able to make improvements and adjust your style, and it really does make a big difference, so well done on that.

Battles: Excellent. Truly superb. Easily the best part about the fic, and this was obvious even from right at the start. (Excluding the grammatical errors) they flowed well, they were exciting, they were unpredictable, and all the added features you stuck in as the fic went on just gave them so much flavour. Honestly, you did a superb job with pretty much every major battle. Enough said.

Dialogue: I have to be honest and agree with Jinoga on this one, I found some parts of the dialogue difficult to get through. While in most of the characters and parts of the plot it was passable and was still charming enough to be good, the dialogue was faar too cliched at places and it often didn't flow well. However, once again, this improved quite a bit towards the end, and it's my only real complaint about the fic.

Overall I'd give this an 8 out of ten. I wouldn't say it's the best fic I've ever read, but it's still very good, and if you keep improving at the rate you were by the end of this, then you definitely have potential to write an incredible fic.

Once again, I can only appologise for how late this is. Congratulations on the awards this fic won too; you deserved them :)

Okay, so I'm bad at big reviews, but I've finally finished, and I can say that it was definitely worth my time.

It was a very satisfying conclusion, I felt, and I'm definitely excited for the next story!

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom