• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Anime General Chat - Talk about non-Anime things!

I hope your driving/guitar endeavors go well Aesti! :)

Thank you dearie :)

The driving is going well... The guitar... I am simply lusting after until my parents are willing to help me take the plunge and purchase... (I'll probably ask them to buy it and then I'll pay them back in installments xD)

This is the one I want :l I LOVE the tone on these seagulls. So much prettier-sounding than a Yamaha or something in that range.
I'm debating between that and the original seagull buuuuuuuuuuut, I'm a small girl so I figure getting the dreadnought is a better idea...

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yep, it's utterly ridiculous. The new law basically means anyone who didn't learn to drive before they left home is screwed, nobody studying or working full-time is going to have time for that. Of course, you could always just counterfeit the log and hope it doesn't show in your driving...

...tbh, I still don't know if I've completed the needed hours for my permit (especially night time driving XD)

I started driving when I was 15, when I had my permit. I was pretty fucking horrible, the instructor asked if I understood English because I was messing up so badly and almost ran into a fence (which I still find offensive and racist as hell but I almost ran into a fence...so...okay, still inexcusable XD).

I had to take my license test twice because the first time, I hit the cone backing out of this impossibly small perpendicular parking space.

I've had my license now for over 3 years but I still can't drive because I can't afford insurance and I don't have a car. It was all for naught XD

Don't get me started about my adventure on learning how to drive....

Last Monday I was supposed to take my Driving Road Test. 2 days before the Driving School called me saying I need to be at the school at 7:25 am sharp or he'll leave me. So I literally run through a fucking T-Storm to get there and the guy has the nerve to say I wasn't ready since the driving instructor told him that I can't park....

So I got myself soaked to the bone all for nothing....COULDN'T HE JUST CALLED ME AND TOLD ME THAT I WASN'T READY INSTEAD OF WASTING MY TIME!?

And then he tells me that I should take 6 more classes which is $190

FUCK THAT SHIT

@Yoshi-san; Whaaaa?! They wouldn't even let you take the test?? D: Parking was the most difficult part for me, I had to practice in a deserted parking lot for forever and have my dad yell at me telling me how much of an incompetent twat I was XDDDD

In Florida, they're pretty lenient about the test...you don't even have to parallel park and you can take it during a driver's ed school before you're 16 (and if you pass it, you don't need to take it at the DMV). I wasn't allowed to take the test because I had to go home like 5 minutes early that day, and APPARENTLY, without warning, that was the day they were testing after the class.
They let another dude retake it but not me....dfsjlskdfjd;lf

I took my driving test a loooong time ago, but my mom made me take driver's ed first, which I HATED n___n The guy who taught me was this creeper who looked like Steve Buschemi and he always listened to this weird talk radio station. And the weird thing about where I took my test was, you had to pass parallel parking to even get to the road test part n__n I was taught how to do it with cones, and during my test, (it was a different guy that gave me my test) and he moved the cone and tried to fuck me up but I saw through his clever ruse and passed anyway. Protip I've parallel parked like maybe twice since then. But to be honest, I really hate driving n__n It always seemed like a waste of money to me with insurance and everything...I don't really ever drive anywhere anymore except to work...

I got my wisdom teeth out this morning. :-( Not a fun experience. Any interesting dental anecdotes for you guys?

I got my wisdom teeth out this morning. :-( Not a fun experience. Any interesting dental anecdotes for you guys?

I got my wisdom teeth pulled out last May. It went pretty quickly and I still remember that when I first woke up, I wondered how my glasses got back on my face. My Dad thought that I would really be out of it after that, but I was still awake and aware of everything that was going on. There was some pain, but it was mostly sore and I got tired of cleaning the holes and eating nothing but jello, pudding and mashed potatoes for a few days got old too.

I've had some interesting dental experiences. I had a root canal when I was twelve. It was on one of my front teeth. I had fallen from my bike one morning and the tooth was bleeding. I was too nervous to tell my parents, so it bled and the tooth turned black. That led to a lot of people making fun of me about that, which unfortunately wasn't new for me. We tried bleaching it, but it would always ware off. So the dentist finally decided to give me a cap over the tooth. I'm pretty sure that the root canal was part of that process. The actual tooth was cut down to a small portion while a cap was covered over it. It was not a comfortable experience at any point and the cap looks whiter than my other front tooth, but I wanted to get rid of that problematic issue so that people would stop making fun of me in at least one area. It felt really weird at first, but I got used to it . I've had it for about ten years, but I often forget that it is a cap.

I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled out when I was 18. Orthodontists wanted to nip the problem in the bud since they were all set to grow out in ways that would make me want to jump off a cliff, so I was lucky to get them out of me before they caused me any pain. Of course, at the very same time, it was realized that at age 18 that I still had baby teeth. Two of them, with no adult teeth under them. So those were pulled out the same day, and the matching pair of teeth on the top of my mouth (which were normal) were taken out as well, as leaving them in would've given me an overbite. That totaled up to... 8 teeth taken out in one day. :D Good thing I was put to sleep for all that and given awesome pain meds for my recovery.

As far as driving is concerned, I wanted nothing to do with it for years. It terrified me, even more so when my mom and I moved up to a more urban area where there were actual cities and highways and bigass bridges and... I just saw cars as screaming metal death traps and did not trust myself behind the wheel at all. o_o I have a wandering mind, a dangerous trait to have as a driver. I did eventually get my liscence when I turned 20, mainly because I was being forced to do it, not because I had any great desire to drive. I still dislike driving on principle, especially since my area has people who think they're entitled to stop in the middle of a street that gets LOTS of traffic to have a conversation with someone in a car directly across them on the other side of the road, making it impossible to go around them. Fuckers.

Though I sure wish I could drive now. My poor car's really on its last legs this time. Against my will, my mom forced me to call my dad to see if he would chip in at least a little for a new car... after all, he's only my dad, no matter how many years it's been since I've seen him in person. The call ended up tearing me apart as my dad refused to help because of some disput he has with my mom that has NOTHING to do with just offering a little money to his daughter in need - apparently he doesn't trust her or me now, and for the first time in my life I snapped at my dad, cussing him out and calling him many variations of a sick, soulless monster. He's only really helped with one thing in my life since the divorce: my lasik surgery (child support doesn't count; he constantly tried to get out of paying that so much that he accrued over $2,000 of interest). And while I appreciate that, that doesn't mean he's not obligated as a parent to help his child who really, really needs it. Especially when I've had to deal with a lot of psychological torment thanks to him when my family was still whole... he never physically abused me, but my mom was another story. I had to watch a lot of that. I've dealt with verbal abuse from him. He still treats me like a toddler, incapable of independent thoughts or feelings and thinks me as little more than an extension of my mom trying to screw him over, except my mom is way over that shit and has no interest in messing around with him.

I think the worst thing was when I reminded him that I saw him actually trying to strangle my mother to death when I was around 7/8 years old and I had to actually go and break it up. He laughed at that. Then he tried to pass himself off as an "honest" guy, accused me of being crazy because I was living with my mother, and proudly taunted me saying nothing I say to him will ever get an emotional reaction out of him. He was just proving what a monster he is. See, all my life I've actually been afraid of my dad; he's pretty big, has muscles, and from personal observation (plus testimonies from mom) I knew he was very inclined towards violents and fits of rage. He's also got a pretty loud, booming voice. My fear of him and my love for him... being my dad and all, prevented me from fully hating the guy. I've been angry at him for years for very good reasons and he's completely impossible to reason with. I almost never curse when my parents are present. One or two times when it happened around my mom, it was actually to defend her from someone who was antagonizing her. This is the first time I actually directed that rage towards a parent. If he had been there in person, I might've tried to attack him.

He's gonna drag us both into court over this stupid thing with my mom; unlike last time when this happened, I'm not at all afraid to go up and testify against him. For the first time in my life, I'm not all fazed at thinking about him suffering some horrible, deadly fate.

Didn't stop me from being rendered into a heaving, sobbing mess for the rest of that day, though. Even now I can't get over how... evil he is and how I was able to even barely tolerate him for the sake of family. He's rotten and only deserves the slowest, most agonizing death possible while he thinks about all the horrible things he's done to his friends and family especially throughout his life. I hope it's my psychotic half-brother who I've never met and is more than 20 years my junior who causes his demise, too.

I'm just that full of rage.

Wanted to bump this to advertise my BW! Mafia here. There are 13 spots left, so if anybody of you would like to join, just tell me. Thanks.

So.......is anyone here a fan of Young Justice, airs on Cartoon Network? The Fix was a pretty entertaining episode, so far Season 2 has been good. I'm mainly liking the interactions and friendship between Blue Beetle and Impulse, those two are easily my two favorites of the current Team. It's a bit of a shame how much of a reduction in screen-time Superboy has gotten but he got some nice subtle development in season one and with SuperMartian broken up I guess it was bound to happen. The YG writers really know their realism when it comes to their ships. The SeaArrows are already up and arms over that scene between Artemis and Aqualad in the recent episode. I actually wouldn't mind Spitfire breaking up, especially if the writers are continue to throw it in our faces that they love each other so much.

Wonder Girl, Batgirl, and Gar haven't contributed much which is a shame, I was expecting the last to get at least a sizable amount of screen-time. I'm liking they differentiated him from his Teen Titans counterpart by quite a lot. Anyway back to The Fix, I know Green Beetle seems trustworthy from Miss Martian's reading on his thoughts but he could easily use his own powers to manipulate her. Not to mention she's kinda mentally fucked right now after she got punished for lobotomizing peoples' psyche. Now that she's been kidnapped and Artemis, Aqualad, and Artemis' fates hang in the balance I'm curious where they're going to go from here with things. Since we have Aqualad's fucked up mind, Miss Martian's brokenness, Artemis doing her best to keep sane, Blue Beetle's finally able to control the voice of his Beetle, Green Beetle, as well as Robin trying to keep chaos from breaking loose.

This week Lagoon Boy didn't come off as overly jerkish at all, his anger was justified and you could tell he cares about Miss Martian. Compared to his last appearances where he came off as arrogant or annoying, he actually took a step up in this episode. Still uses "Neptune's Beard" entirely too much imo.

I've watched Young Justice and it's pretty good. I still think that they're doing far too much in season two. It's usually pretty interesting at least, but it seems like they're throwing a lot of subplots and new characters into the mix and I don't know if I really like that, especially when they weren't even able to give the original cast a fairly equal amount of screentime. Plus, introducing a bunch of new characters and only doing something with a small handful of them reminds me too much of bringing a ton of superheroes for the Justice League in JLU, which didn't really work for me either. As for the latest episode, I do hope that there's a major fall-out with Nightwing and the rest of the team since his plan is coming apart and keeping it a secret from nearly everyone is really just going to hurt him, and the team, in the long run. I want to believe that Green Beetle is on their side, but since it would be boring if Blue Beetle's conflict was resolved like this, I think that there will be a catch to this solution.

Early Superboy was much bigger asshole than early lagoon boy. But I'm on Superboy's side when it comes to the mind invasion thing. Can't wait to see Static in a cartoon again.

I'll give this thread a mega bump because I don't think this is quite worth a thread to itself, but wanted to post about it...

I just put up my calendar for 2015 -
1qG6lTk.jpg

This is the third year now where I've got a Pokemon Calendar, the last two years I got the weekly calendars but couldn't find one when I went to buy one for 2015 - but given how nice the artwork is, I'm very glad I got this one. Anyone else get the Pokemon calendars?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom