• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon of the Week (POTW)

Article #60-In Requiem
  • Greetings Trainers!
    This is C. J. and Alan. We are near Mt. Pyre, a Memorial location in the Pokemon World, here to celebrate National Pet Memorial Day. It allows us to commemorate the loss of our beloved pets, which usually requires a Requiem Mass, or a prayer for the beloved to move onto the next life.

To accomplish this ritual, it is customary to have Duskull, which is why we are here to collect them. Duskull is the Pokemon equivalent of the Grim Reaper. Alan and I are both going to catch one to participate in the ritual. As we pass many mourners, who are crying for their dear departed Pokemon, we see two Duskull who seem to be following us, apparently having great interest in what we are doing here. We also see many Duskull shaped lamps hung on the grave sites. Now we understand why the Duskulls are following us. They must think we are mourners.

Turning quickly, we see both Duskull, who happily hug us, waiting for us to capture them, which we quickly do. The Duskulls both drop a cloth, which we quickly pick up and examine. This is easily a Reaper Cloth, used to evolve a Dusclops into a Dusknoir when the time comes.

Here is Duskull’s stats:
    696px-355Duskull_AG_anime.png
    StatsDuskull
    HP20
    Attack40
    Defense90
    Special Attack30
    Special Defense90
    Speed25

Upon the capture, the Duskull in the Cemetery celebrate, which summon Dusclops, which align themselves next to each grave site. We then record the stats of one.

688px-356Dusclops_AG_anime.png
    StatsDusclops
    HP40
    Attack70
    Defense130
    Special Attack60
    Special Defense130
    Speed25

In addition, the priest over the mass has a Dusknoir, which is leading the Pokemon in the church in their celebration during the mass.

477Dusknoir_XY_anime.png
    StatsDusknoir
    HP45
    Attack100
    Defense135
    Special Attack65
    Special Defense135
    Speed45

Dusknoir is an interesting Pokemon, since it is known to take spirits along with it to a ghostly dimension. We both agree that Dusknoir is a Pokemon that is fitting for this ceremony, and with our newly caught Duskull, we join in on the prayer, then as the ceremony closes, we depart for our next adventure.

This is C. J. and Alan, signing off for this week!

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #35)
  • Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here. This week, we are discussing Duskull and its evolutions, Dusclops and Dusknoir. Let’s get started!

Duskull and Dusclops were both introduced in Gen 3 Hoenn. Duskull is kinda rare in most of the games it has been in. Duskull was found on Route 121, 123, & Mt. Pyre. In Sinnoh, Duskull is found on Route 224, Route 209, Lost Tower, & Turnback Cave. In Gen 4 Johto, Duskull was found in the Safari Zone. In Generation 6 Hoenn, Duskull only has Mt. Pyre. In Sword & Shield, Duskull has a few locations, mostly in the Wild Area.

Dusclops is found at Sky Pillar in Gen 3 Hoenn, Route 224, Sendoff Spring, & Turnoff Cave in Sinnoh, and the Safari Zone in Gen 4 Johto. In Sword & Shield, Dusclops is in a few locations in the Wild Area. Dusknoir is mostly catchable only in Sword & Shield.

Moving to the Cards, Duskull has had 16 Cards, Dusclops has had 14 Cards, and Dusknoir has had 12 Cards. That’s it for this week!

POTW: Shows & Reads (Issue #33)
  • Welcome to Shows & Reads! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here. This week, we are discussing Duskull and its evolutions, Dusclops & Dusknoir. Let’s get started!

Duskull has only shown up once in the anime, AG146 as part of a team of Ghost Types who couldn’t stand the Psychic Types in the town. Dusclops showed up in a few appearances, most significantly with Pyramid King Brandon in AG189 & AG190. Dusknoir has had several appearances, with the most significant appearance with Conway during the Lily of the Valley Conference.

In the Manga, Duskull had its most significant appearance with Fantina, and Dusclops had its most significant appearance with Wally. Dusknoir has not had any major appearances. That’s it for this week!

Article #61-Interview With A Pirate
  • Ahoy Mateys! It is your girl Amy! This week we are discussing Chatot, the parrot that is often on a pirate's shoulders. We are in Cherrygrove City, meeting with the criminal who, prior to his arrest, was known as “The Phantom” or “Captain Phantom” and with his arresting officer, Pokemon Ranger Jackie Walker.

Amy: “Captain Phantom, you were a successful pirate, known for many crimes. What were you actually arrested for? This is for a WorldWide Audience.”
    800px-Phantom_Chatot.png
    Phantom: “I was arrested for stealing a Legendary Pokemon egg, a Manaphy, and for destabilizing a civilization known as “The People of the Water” and their palace, Samiya. It is a legendary place. I would have gotten away with it too, if a group of people led by a boy with a Pikachu and a Pokemon Ranger had not stopped me. I am hoping to use this as an opportunity to fight for my case.”
    800px-Samiya.png
    Amy: “Well, now that we know what you are accused of, every pirate typically has a bird, a parrot, that they have with them. I notice you don’t have yours. What happened to it?”

Phantom: “After I was arrested, the Pokemon Ranger took my beloved Chatot and I don’t know what happened to it. My arresting officer was Ranger Jack “Jackie” Walker a Pokemon Ranger.”

Amy: “It was nice to talk to you, Captain.”

Ahoy Mateys! It’s Amy, this time talking to Pokemon Ranger Jack Jackie Walker, arresting officer for Captain Phantom.

Amy: “Mr. Walker, what should I call you? Jackie or Jack?”
    Jack_Walker_art.png
    Walker: “I like the name Jackie. What is with the interview?”

Amy: “We are doing Talk Like A Pirate Day. To celebrate it, we decided to interview the Phantom and you, his arresting officer. We also celebrate Chatot this week, which I see you have on your shoulder. You are supposedly a Pokemon Ranger. What is that, for our audience?”

Walker: “A Pokemon Ranger is like a Pokemon Trainer in that we capture Pokemon. The difference is that, unlike a trainer who permanently captures a Pokemon using Pokeballs, Pokemon Rangers use an item called a Capture Styler to temporarily capture a Pokemon for use with cases as needed. I am a Rank 9 Ranger, just under Top Ranger. Capturing the Phantom was my highest profile capture. On a side note, I now have his Chatot as my own.”

Amy: “Before we finish this interview, can I record the stats of Chatot?”
    Walker: “Sure. Go ahead. Chatot is a rare Pokemon that can mimic Human speech.”

533px-441Chatot_DP_anime.png

StatsChatot
    HP76
    Attack65
    Defense45
    Special Attack92
    Special Defense42
    Speed91

(Amy finishes writing, then talks to Jackie.)

Amy: “Mr. Walker...sorry...Jackie. It was nice to meet you and Chatot. Hopefully you will get to be a Top Ranger soon. This is Amy, signing off mateys for this week!

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #36)
  • Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you! This week, we are covering Chatot, the pirate’s best friend. Chatot was introduced as part of Sinnoh. The earliest location you could get a Chatot was trading a Buizel in Eterna Condominiums. In the wild, Chatot was only catchable on Routes 213, 218, 222, & 224. In Gen 4 Johto, Chatot was catchable at Sprout Tower, Bell Tower, & Burned Tower using the Sinnoh Sound. In Unova, Chatot was catchable in the Hidden Grotto of Route 18. In Kalos, Chatot was findable on Route 12 and Azure Bay. In Gen 6 Hoenn, it was a Hidden Pokemon for Routes 103, 104, and 110.

In the Cards, Chatot had 14 Cards since being introduced. That’s all for this week!

POTW: Shows & Reads (Issue #34)
  • Welcome to Shows & Reads! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you! This week, we are covering Chatot, the pirate’s best friend. Chatot first appeared as the pet of the Phantom in M09. In the Anime, Chatot appeared in AG184, as an early reveal of a then new Pokemon.

In the Manga, Chatot was owned by the protagonist Pearl, named Chatter. It has an adversarial relationship with Diamond’s Munchlax. That’s it for the week!

Article #62-Crushing A Can
  • Greetings Trainers!
    It’s Travelin’ Dan. This week, to celebrate Crushing A Can Day, we are not focusing on a Pokemon. Instead, we are focusing on the items of Fresh Water, Soda Pop, and Lemonade. These three items are common and cheap ways for trainers to heal their Pokemon. All 3 items are most commonly found in vending machines, and, by extension, Department Stores, throughout the world.

The first of these three, Fresh Water, is notable because of two things. These are the origin, being produced from the springs of Mt. Silver, and secondly that Clyde, the guide from the Unova Gyms, freely gives them out. Fresh Water can replenish between 30 & 50 HP. Fresh Water is purchasable for $200 per bottle.

Next is Soda Pop. It can boost between 50 & 60 HP. It is also the most cost effective recovery item. It can be bought for $300 a can.

Finally is the Lemonade, which is the most common of the three recovery items to be dispensed in the vending machines. It recovers between 70 & 80 HP. It can be bought for $350 a can.

Notably, any of the three items can be given to the Saffron City guards to gain access to the city. It is also where we were this week. Thank you to the Silph Company for their products over the year. Whether in a dispenser or given by Gym Guides, it is nice to know that when we crush a can, we can always buy another one. As far as I am concerned, I am partial to a Lemonade. I think I will drink one right now. This is Travelin’ Dan, signing off for this week!

Authors Note: Thanks to you, we have hit 40,000 Views! Cannot thank you all enough!

Article #63-The Tech in Technology
  • Greetings Trainers! This is Travelin’ Dan, and this week, we are celebrating the techies in the Pokemon World. These techies are the ones that put together the Pokemon Storage System, or PSS. The Storage System is used by all trainers in the world. This system is maintained by 9 different technicians.
    414px-FireRed_LeafGreen_Bill.png
    The first technician of the system, Bill, created the PSS 1.0. It serves Kanto and Johto, other than the Sevii Islands. All other technicians learned from him and trained under him. His base of operations is in his Cottage north of Cerulean City, though he often travels between there and Goldenrod Cityin Johto.
    Lanette.png
    The successors to Bill are Lanette and Bridgette, who both provide tech services to Hoenn. Lanette directly upgraded Bill’s system, turning it into PSS 2.0 from her house on Hoenn Route 114. Her older sister, Bridgette, updated that system.
    369px-Celio_Sugimori_Artwork.png
    The next successor was Celio, who managed the PSS in the Sevii Islands. His Pokemon Network Center links the Regionsof Kanto & Johto, Hoenn, and Orre into one network.
    Bebe_TCG_art.png
    The next successor was Bebe, who lives in Hearthome City in Sinnoh. She is friends with Hayley, who owns a ranch that allows for additional storage, and her connection to Bill is evident, seen because of the presence of an Eevee, a gift from Bill. Hayley’s ranch allows for the depositing of 1,500 Pokemon. Bebe’s work turned the PSS into PSS 3.0.
    Amanita.jpg
    The next successor was Amanita, who runs the PC System in Unova. She lives with her sister Fennel in Striaton City. Like Bebe, she is given an Eevee as a sign of friendship from Bill. Amanita turns the PSS into PSS 4.0. Fennel works on the Dream Network.
    435px-Cassius_Adventures.png
    The next successor was Cassius, who manages the PSS in Kalos. He resides in Camphrier Town. Unlike the others, who naturally took on the role of maintenance, Cassius was directly asked by Bill to assist him. Cassius also has more of a biker gang persona. His work turns the PSS into PSS 5.0
    800px-Molayne_anime.png
    The last major successor is Molayne, who runs the PSS for Alola. Aside from his developer duties, he is also the Steel type Trial Captain and a member of the Elite Four. He upgrades the system to PSS 6.0. He is also the cousin of Sophocles, Electric type Trial Captain.

As you can see, there are many developers of the Pokemon Storage System, all of whom built on Bill’s original work. Thank you to all of them from all of the Trainers around the world. Until next week, this is Travelin’ Dan, signing off!

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #37)
  • Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here! This week, we are discussing the Pokemon Storage System developers. Let’s start with Bill, who has the most appearances. Those games are Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Heartgold, Soulsilver, Pikachu & Eevee. He also has mentions in Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, White, Black 2, White 2, X, Y, Sun & Moon. That is a total of 26 Games. In Red, Blue, Yellow, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Pikachu & Eevee, Bill is found at his cottage at Route 25. In the Sevii Islands section of Fire Red & Leaf Green, Bill also makes an appearance. During the Johto games of Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heartgold & Soulsilver, he shows up at Ecruteak City & Goldenrod City. He is known for raising Eevee.

Lanette appears in Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, first in the Fallarbor Pokemon Center and later at her house on Route 114. Brigette appears as part of Pokemon Box Ruby & Sapphire as well as Pokemon Bank.

Celio appears in Fire Red & Leaf Green in the Sevii Islands, attempting to connect the Kanto System to Hoenn, providing the link between Bill and Lanette.

Bebe appears in Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum, with her home in Hearthome City. Her friend Hayley owns a ranch which can be connected to the Sinnoh Games. Bebe gives away an Eevee she got from Bill.

Amanita appears in the Unova games, living in Striaton City with her sister Fennel. By the time of the sequels, she and her sister have moved to Castelia City. In the Post Game, she gives away an Eevee she got from Bill.

Cassius appears in the Kalos games, living in Camphrier Town. he was asked by Bill to maintain the system for the Region.

Molayne appears in the Alola games as the manager of the PC system in Alola. He is also a Steel Type trainer, and eventually becomes a member of the Alola Elite Four, being the only PC Manager to have a team of Pokemon.

In Galar, the PC system is replaced by Rotomi.

Moving to the Cards, the PC System is represented by the card Computer Search. Bill has had 10 Cards,Lanette has had 1 Card, Celio has had 1 Card, Bebe has 1 Card, Cassius has had 1 Card, and Molayne has had 1 Card. That’s it for this week!

Article #64-A Meeting of Native Cultures
  • Greetings Trainers! This week, we are covering two Pokemon, C. J. and Alan are going to travel to Akala Island in Alola, while Manny and Vance are going to the Desert Resort in Unova. Alright boys! Let’s see how you do! This is Amy, collecting their stories. Off to you, C. J. & Alan!

= Akala Outskirts, Akala Island, Alola =
    Greetings Trainers! It’s your adventuring friends, C. J. and Alan, here at the Akala Outskirts on Akala Island in Alola. This outcropping, east of Memorial Hill and south of the Ruins of Life, is a location that the indigenous peoples of Akala Island would camp out to honor Tapu Lele. It is here that we are going to find Natu and its evolution Xatu. Xatu has similarity to a totem pole, which native tribes would use to ask for protection from the spirits. Legend states that Xatu is able to see the past and the future.

Here are some of the totems. Xatu are nearby. You can tell because the totems are singing an almost otherworldly tone. Oh my goodness! The Xatu have materialized out of nowhere. It has not moved, instead it stands still, watching the sun cross the sky. (Natu begin to circle the Xatu, almost as though are dancing and celebrating. Two land on us.)

Look at this! It seems like the Natu were drawn to us, like they could tell why we were here. (They capture Natu while recording the stats for them and Xatu.)
    177Natu_OS_anime.png
    178Xatu_OS_anime.png

NatuStatsXatuStats
    HP40HP65
    Attack50Attack75
    Defense45Defense70
    Special Attack70Special Attack95
    Special Defense45Special Defense70
    Speed70Speed95

These two Pokemon are true markers of the strength and culture of Native peoples. Let’s go to Manny and Vance, who are near the Desert Resort! What’s going on there?

= Desert Resort, Unova =
    Greetings Trainers! It is Manny and Vance, near the Desert Resort in Unova. The Desert Resort was once an ancient kingdom that was eventually buried in the deepening sand. Sigilyph was once the defenders of the castle, a role that they are rumored to still hold today. As we worked to cross to the resort, with its hot sand, it became a question of who would catch the Sigilyph. Because Manny had captured a Cacturne in the desert of Sinnoh’s Route 228, it was agreed that I, Vance, would be allowed to catch the Sigilyph. Manny is allowing me to use Cacturne to catch it. As we got closer and closer to the Desert Resort, we saw Sigilyph floating around. As we began to descend, one of them confronted us. Manny sent out his Cacturne, which battled the Avianoid Pokemon. A back and forth battle ensued, with Cacturne being the winner. Grateful to Manny for his help, I captured the Sigilyph, also recording the stats.

561Sigilyph_XY_anime.png
    SigilyphStats
    HP72
    Attack58
    Defense80
    Special Attack103
    Special Defense80
    Speed97

Turns out, capturing the Sigilyph opened up a hidden passage, which, when we took it, we found a shrine to Volcarona, who Legends say was once a replacement for the sun. Sigilyph led us out of the temple and the desert, where we found ourselves in Nimbasa City. Time for us to take a break. It was nice to learn about the Native cultures of various Regions this week. Until next week, this is C. J., Alan, Manny, Vance, and Amy, signing off!

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #38)
  • Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and we are glad to have you here. This week, we are covering Natu, Xatu, and sigilyph, Pokemon that represent Native Cultures. Let’s start with Natu, who first appeared in Gold, Silver, and Crystal, where it can be seen in the Ruins of Alph. In Gen 3 Hoenn, Natu was catchable in the Safari Zone, while in Gen 3 Kanto, it was catchable in Ruin Valley. In Sinnoh, Natu was catchable at Route 224. In HGSS, Natu was catchable at the Ruins of Alph, Route 28, and Mt. Silver.In Unova, Natu is catchable on Route 5. Alola has Natu on Akala Outskirts. There are a few areas in Galar as well.

Xatu has only been able to be caught in the wild at the Mirage Spots of Gen 6 Hoenn, Akala Outskirts of Alola, and several locations in Galar.

Sigilyph was first revealed in Unova, catchable at the Desert Resort. In Kalos, Sigilyph was catchable at Route 10. In Alola, it was catchable in the ultra Space Wilds. Galar had several locations.

Moving to the Cards, Natu has had 16 Cards, Xatu has had 17 Cards, and Sigilyph has had 9 Cards. That’s it for this week!

POTW: Shows & Reads (Issue #35)
  • Welcome to Shows & Reads! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here. This week, we are covering Natu, Xatu, and Sigilyph, Pokemon that represent Native Cultures. Natu has had 3 major appearances, with the most major being EP201, where a father and daughter used Natu to read the future of people.

Xatu has had 3 major appearances, with the most major being EP234 as predictors of the weather.

Sigilyph had two major appearances, with the most major being BW064, as guardians of the Hero’s Ruin.

In the Manga, Crystal owned a Natu then a Xatu. N owned a Sigilyph. That’s it for this week!

Article #65-Fashionable or Gaudy?
  • 750px-Pokémon_Contest_Accessories.png
    Greetings Trainers! It’s your traveling girl, Amy, here in Hearthome City in Sinnoh. I am here to watch the Contests. As part of the press, I am allowed to go backstage to look at the accessories that these performers use. We will be looking at the categories of accessories, ranking each one as Fashionable or Gaudy. Before we look at them, we will give a definition of Gaudy for our viewers. What does Gaudy mean? Gaudy is defined as extravagantly bright or showy. Each accessory type will be measured by overall gaudiness, between 1 and 3, with 1 being fashionable and 3 being gaudy or tactless. Fashionable items are ones that are recommended for Contests while Gaudy ones are viewed as items that take away from the beauty of the Pokemon. We will be using the rankings in the book called Pokemon Contests: How To Be Fashionable.

Accessory TypeRankingRecommended for Contests
    Fluffs2Yes
    Pebbles & Boulders3No
    Scales3No
    Feathers3No
    Facial Hair3No
    Natural2Yes
    Massage2Yes
    Flowers2Yes
    Specs3No
    Miscellaneous 3No
    Barrettes3No
    Balloons3No
    Headwear3No
    Stages3No
    Special3No

Surprisingly, the best reviewed types are Fluffs, Natural, Massage, and Flowers. There are very few low ranked items within the types. Time to go watch the show! So exciting! This is Amy, signing off!

Article #66-Around The World With Travelin' Dan
  • This week, we are celebrating United Nations Day. There are 8 Regions in this World, and several sub Regions. Many of this Regions and subRegions can be considered Nations in their own right. Let’s explore the world together, starting with Kanto!

The Regions of Kanto & Johto is considered one single landmass. Along with the main landmass, there are the Sevii Islands to the south of Kanto, and the Orange Islands are even further to the south of Kanto. Johto, the other part of the landmass, is west of Kanto. East of Kanto are the Decolore Islands. The Decolore Islands are between Kanto & Unova. The Region of Alola is south between Kanto & Johto. The Region of Hoenn is southwest of the Kanto & Johto landmass, near Johto. The Region of Orre is west, between Johto & Hoenn.

Sinnoh (or Hisui) is known to be north of Kanto, Johto, & Hoenn. Sinnoh also has a few sub Regions near it, such as Fiore, Almia, and Oblivia. Fiore, Almia, and Oblivia are known to be close together, with Almia believed to be located directly south of Sinnoh.

Unova is known to be far away from the Kanto & Johto landmass, but it is also known that the Decolore Islands are between Unova and Kanto. Unova is based on the United States. Kalos is also far away from the Kanto & Johto landmass, but is also far away from Unova. Galar, the newest Region, while being far away from the Kanto & Johto landmass, is believed to be near Kalos. Kalos is based on France, while Galar is based on England, and the two Regions could share a similar relationship. There are two isles that are associated with Galar, the Isle of Armor & the Crown Tundra. The Isle of Armor is off the east coast of Galar, while the Crown Tundra is south of the mainland Region.

Thank you, and I hope you enjoyed the world tour. This is Travelin’ Dan, signing off!

Article #67-Happy Halloween In Kalos
  • Greetings Trainers!
    This week, it’s C. J. & Alan in Kalos for Halloween, with the task to capture Phantump & Pumpkaboo. Kalos Route 16 is a dreary and scary location, including having a haunted house. Phantump is the pre evolved form of Trevenant, one of the scariest and most intimidating Pokemon.Pumpkaboo comes in 4 sizes. These are Small, Average, Large, & Supersize. The 2 Pokemon, Phantump & Pumpkaboo, share a common evolution method, trading.

Route 16 is a route covered in leaves and fall foliage. It is truly a beautiful area, and it is also the location of the Lost Hotel, a formerly grand location that is now dilapidated. When we walk through the leaves, a chilly wind picks up, and a Phantump & Supersize Pumpkaboo hits us, slamming us to the ground. Once we got up from the attack, we captured the two Pokemon, with C. J. capturing Phantump & Alan capturing the Supersize Pumpkaboo.Heading back to near the Lost Hotel, we joined in on a party there, where there was a Trading Machine. We did a trade and trade back, which allowed us to get the evolved forms, Trevenant & Gourgeist, respectively. When all of the stats were recorded, we got the following:
    708Phantump_XY_anime.png
    709Trevenant_XY_anime.png
    710Pumpkaboo_XY_anime_2.png
    711Gourgeist_XY_anime.png
    StatsPhantumpPumpkaboo (Super size)TrevenantGourgeist
    (Super size)
    HP43598585
    Attack7066110100
    Defense487076122
    Special Attack50446558
    Special Defense60558275
    Speed38415654

The skaters at the Lost Hotel watched our antics, inviting us to the Halloween Party there. This is C. J. & Alan, signing off. Happy Halloween!

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #39)
  • Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is spookily great to have you! This week, we are discussing Phantump, Pumpkaboo, Trevenant, & Gourgeist, spooky symbols of Halloween. All four were introduced in Kalos.

Phantump is first encountered on Route 16 in Kalos. In Generation 6 Hoenn, it is a Hidden Pokemon in Petalburg Woods. In Alola, Phantump is found in Memorial Hill & Tapu Village. In Galar, Phantump is majorly found in Glimwood Tangle.Trevenant is encountered on Route 20 in Kalos, is traded in Tapu Village in Alola, and has several spooky locations in Galar.
    Pumpkaboo is first encountered on Route 16 in Kalos and Route 4 in Galar. Gourgeist is not available as a capture until Galar, where it is found in Hammerlocke Hills and many areas of the Wild Area.

Moving onto the Cards, Phantump has had 6 Cards, Trevenant has had 12 Cards, Pumpkaboo has had 4 Cards, and Gourgeist has had 4 Cards. That’s it for this week!

POTW: Shows & Reads (Issue #36)
  • Welcome to Shows & Reads! My name is Unovia, and it is spookily great to have you! This week, we are discussing Phantump, Pumpkaboo, Trevenant, and Gourgeist. All four were introduced in Kalos.

Phantump debuted in XY117, where it had a goal to make friends and reach the mountaintop. Trevenant debuted in XY038, where it requested help to rescue its friends, Bonsly & Sudowoodo. Pumpkaboo debuted in XY011, where it was caught by Jessie. It evolved in XY082 to Gourgeist. In the Manga, Phantump and Trevenant were under the ownership of Essentia, while Pumpkaboo was under the ownership of Blue and Gourgeist was under the ownership of Cassius. That’s it for this week!

Article #68-Wine Day
  • 320px-Barry_Straw_Hat.png

543px-420Cherubi_DP_anime.png
    Greetings trainers! It is your girl, Amy, here in Sinnoh for Wine Day. The best Pokemon that represents wine day is Cherubi, the Cherry Pokemon. Cherubi is a Pokemon that is attracted to Honey, and as such, populates Honey trees. I am wearing my sun hat in Eterna Forest, the easiest place to find this Pokemon in this Region.

Cherubi has 2 heads, one smaller than the other, that is used as a nutrient feeder for the main Pokemon. Bird Pokemon often will try to eat said nutrient pack, especially Starly and its evolved forms. The nutrient sack shrivels as it gets closer to evolution, which is Cherrim. Cherrim can change forms in the sunlight. This is known as the Sunshine Form. Let’s spread some of the honey I had bought in Floaroma Town for this occasion.

After a while of waiting, a Cherubi looks at the Honey slathered tree, and while it takes a snack time, I capture it quickly then record the stats, as the honey feast made it super happy and evolve it into a surprising Cherrim:

StatsCherubiCherrim
    HP4570
    Attack3560
    Defense4570
    Special Attack6287
    Special Defense5378
    Speed3585

My new Cherrim proceeded to devour all of the remaining honey I bought. After the honey was gone, Cherrim went down to its Overcast Form, sad that its snack was gone. Cherrim is a beautiful and happy Pokemon, and surprisingly wine red, both as a Cherubi as well as a Cherrim. I am so happy to have a Cherrim, so I am resting with this very happy, gluttonous Pokemon. This is Amy, signing off for the week!

653px-421Cherrim_DP_anime.png

421Cherrim-Overcast_DP_anime.png

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #40)
  • Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here! This week, we are covering Cherubi & Cherrim. Let’s get started.

Cherubi & Cherrim were introduced in Sinnoh. Cherubi is a Pokemon that, until Galar, was only encounterable with either honey trees or headbutting trees. Cherubi was available in Sinnoh, Gen 4 Johto, & Galar. Cherrim has been encountered in the wild on Route 12 in Unova, Mirage Forest in Gen 6 Hoenn, and a small number of areas in Galar.

Moving to the Cards, Cherubi has had 9 Cards, and Cherrim has had 9 Cards as well. That’s it for this week!

POTW: Shows & Reads (Issue #37)
  • Welcome to Shows & Reads! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here! This week, we are talking about Cherubi & Cherrim. Both have rarely appeared in the anime. Cherubi appeared 3 major times, two of which was under Gardenia involving Gym Battles, these being DP031, the practice battle with Ash, and DP037, the Gym battle with Ash. The other occasion was in DP125 under the ownership of the character Marilyn.

Cherrim appeared in M10 in both overcast and sunshine forms. In the anime, it appeared in DP095 under the ownership of Lila, a Pokemon Coordinator. It also appeared in DP134 where it assisted a Tangrowth in reviving a dying tree.

In the Manga, Cherubi was under the ownership of Gardenia, while Cherrim was given to Platinum by Gardenia. This Cherrim showed both the Overcast & Sunshine Forms. That’s it for this week!

Back
    Top Bottom