• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that disappear?

Ash's Pika Pal

Reaction score
In the D/P booklet it says something about "Pokemon may disappear if you haven't used the Global trading center for awhile."

What do they mean and why does this happen?

edit: It's on page 53, second to the last "*" at the bottom. I'm reading it right now and it says "There is a chance a Pokemon might disappear if you don't connect to the GTS for a long time. Be sure to check your deposited Pokemon's status once in a while."

Last edited:
I think it means that Pokemon will be deleted from the GTS servers if you leave them there too long. They should specify how long that is though. I'd guess one to two weeks or possibly a month, otherwise the servers would become full of untraded Pokemon.

I doubt pokemon data is very large. If there can be free MMORPGs out there with servers able to handle data easily in the terabytes, GameFreak must have very cheap servers if pokemon need to be erased to make room.

Note how they say it's a chance. They're most likely just covering their asses.

I doubt pokemon data is very large. If there can be free MMORPGs out there with servers able to handle data easily in the terabytes, GameFreak must have very cheap servers if pokemon need to be erased to make room.

It IS a free service. For all we know, GameFreak might only be using two or three servers to service the entire globe's player base.

umm dont forget the only series of games more popular than the pokemon games IN EXISTENCE is mario. pokemon is the second most populer series of video games in the world

umm dont forget the only series of games more popular than the pokemon games IN EXISTENCE is mario. pokemon is the second most populer series of video games in the world

OMGz Pokemanz totalli rooxxxx! lol ibm pcp

Why the hell are you mentioning this? Way to take the thread off-topic. And to be truthful, Zelda is more popular than Mario according to polls.

Why the hell are you mentioning this? Way to take the thread off-topic. And to be truthful, Zelda is more popular than Mario according to polls.

Just saying that the pokemon games are extremely popular meaning theres ALOT of people using the gts system.. if they make it that theres a time limit till a pokemon *poof* disappears imagine how much less pokemon on the gts just waiting there just taking up space.

Well, note how there are only 7 spaces for one pokemon to be viewed at a time on the GTS. My guess is that if those pokemon have been there to long, they are delted so others can get the chance to be in the spotlight.

Something like that...

Isn't it different people every time you check again?

Anyhow, I've had a Jirachi in the GTS for over 2 weeks now. I'm really surprised that it hasn't been taken yet. I want a Celebi under level 9, is that possible?

Sorry for being off topic.

No a celebi under lv 9 its not possible unless its hacked the US celebi is level 70 and the Japanese celebi was at lv 10.

That sucks, I wish when you choose levels it could have more limits for lower levels besides just 9 and under...

Hmm...well, it's probably possible with hacking, but otherwise probably not. I got my Celebi at level 70, and I'm certain it won't let me breed it. :\
I'm not sure how the action replay works, but I bet they could make a Celebi under level 9 with it. Just curious, why under level 9?

It's probably not that there would be too much data on the servers, but the server software may be changed from time to time and not be backwards compatible. That would obviously cause a mass deletion.

I think by "disappearing" it means it got traded so now it "disappeared" and you have the pokemon you requested.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom