• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Prog Rocker's on request only one Pokémon challenge.

Things I originally posted on another thread.
  • Here are the updates I have already posted.

Just defeated Falkner using only Pidgey.

Level 15
    No Item
    Tackle, Sand-Attack, Gust, Quick Attack
    Atk 23/Def 21/Sp. Atk 19/Sp. Def 19/Spd 26

I didn't think I would pull an Ash easily here, but I did it.

NOTE: I did not grind against wild Pokémon. I just defeated every single trainer in sight.

And I just beat Bugsy with Pidgeotto. Extremely easy.

Level 22
    No Item
    Tackle, Sand-Attack, Gust, Quick Attack
    HP 62/Atk 39/Def 36/Sp. Atk 34/Sp. Def 34/Spd 43

Again, no grinding, only beating every trainer in sight.

Whitney down! This might have been the first time I curbstomp her instead of she crushing me. The six times I used Sand-Attack on her Miltank might have helped.:whistle:

Level 30
    No Item
    Return, Sand-Attack, Gust, Quick Attack
    HP 83/Atk 53/Def 50/Sp. Atk 46/Sp. Def 46/Spd 59

Morty just bit the dust.

Level 35
    No Item
    Return, Sand-Attack, Wing Attack, Quick Attack
    HP 96/Atk 62/Def 58/Sp. Atk 55/Sp. Def 55/Spd 70

And now the post-Chuck status update (by the way, I have a Pidgeot now):

Level 45
    Sharp Beak
    Return, Sand-Attack, Wing Attack, Quick Attack
    HP 142/Atk 99/Def 94/Sp. Atk 90/Sp. Def 90/Spd 109

The reason I'm using a Sharp Beak here is because... well... you could call it a player tic. Every odd game I will give the Pokémon an item that corresponds with their primary type, while every even game I will give them an item for the secondary type. The exceptions of that "rule" are that I will avoid this if the Pokémon has an specific item for it (Farfetch'd, Chansey), there's a Z-Crystal that corresponds to the type I would be using (I have a thing for flashy finishes) or if the Pokémon can Mega Evolve (same reason as above).

Pidgeot Crystal Update #6
  • Jasmine's gone. Sadly, I had to take the easy way out and used 6 X Attacks and 4 Hyper Potions in the battle. Considering how afraid I am of Steel-Types, I feel like I was justified in doing that.

Level 46
    Sharp Beak
    Return, Sand-Attack, Fly and Quick Attack
    HP 145/Atk 102/Def 97/Sp. Atk 92/Sp. Def 92/Spd 112

Aside from Thief and Steel Wing, I don't know what else to give Pidgeot.

Pidgeot Crystal Update #7
  • Just defeated Pryce and Ariana female Rocket Executive. Things have gone well so far, but I'm feeling that that might change soon *has flashbacks of past battles against Lance*

Level 51
    Sharp Beak
    Return, Sand-Attack, Fly, Thief
    Hp 162/Atk 115/Def 109/Sp. Atk 103/Sp. Def 103/Spd 126

Thief is just there to add coverage, but I feel it won't do much.

Pidgeot Crystal Update #8
  • Just defeated Clair. Contrary to what I thought, it was easier than expected. Then again, not getting hit due to using Fly is a boon.

Level 59
    Sharp Beak
    HP 189/Atk 135/Def 128/Sp. Atk 122/Sp. Def 122/Spd 148

Well, the League's next. Clair might have been easy, but I don't think his cousin will be. Then again, Leagues are generally the part where things go south.

Pidgeot Crystal Update #9
  • Just defeated the League, so I'll just say how the battles against everyone went:

Will: Nothing too bad, but we're just starting.

Koga: I hate his Forretress that knows how to block Fly easily. Doesn't help that Fly is the only move that could do damage to it. His Muk also knows Minimize but it didn't cause trouble this time. Same with Crobat and Double Team.

Bruno: For God's sake, his Hitmontop knows Detect? At least Return managed to OHKO it. Onix was also easier than expected, even though I could only damage it with Return. Nothing else noteworthy to say.

Karen: Well, aside from her Gengar killing itself, there is nothing to note here.

Lance: Nothing went wrong! :lapras: Seriously, this is the first time it has happened to me, and I have done this for a while! If only Pidgeot had better variety of moves and Crystal didn't have HMs I would consider using one next time.

Level 67
    Sharp Beak
    HP 216/Atk 157/Def 149/Sp. Atk 141/Sp. Def 141/Spd 171

I'll continue with Kanto tomorrow.

Pidgeot Crystal Update #13
  • Erika got beaten. I think I need to discover a way to do this at a reasonable rhythm while juggling other games. Also, Pidgeot finally got his final move... that might be only useful against Brock and Blue's Rhydon. Oh well...

Level 76
    Sharp Beak
    Return, Steel Wing, Fly, Thief
    HP 249/Atk 182/Def 173/Sp. Atk 165/Sp. Def 165/Spd 198

I guess this will be everything for today.

Pidgeot Crystal Update #13 AKA "the coming-back-from-the-dead" update
  • I decided I'll finish everything today. Janine's out, by the way.

Level 80
    Sharp Beak
    HP 264/Atk 194/Def 185/Sp. Atk 176/Sp. Def 176/Spd 211

Pidgeot Crystal Update #15
  • Just defeated Blaine. I keep forgetting how... somber Blue is when you meet him at Cinnabar Island, although what he says is true(I feel weird that I agree with the character I hate the most). Also, how come a random girl that you meet in a department store has a better team than your rival?

Level 83
    Sharp Beak
    HP 279/Atk 206/Def 197/Sp. Atk 187/Sp. Def 187/Spd 224

Pidgeot Crystal Final Update + Final Thoughts
  • I finally did it.

Level 86
    Sharp Beak
    HP 286/Atk 212/Def 202/Sp. Atk 192/Sp. Def 192/Spd 230

I actually found myself enjoying a Pidgeot, a Pokémon that I originally looked with disdain thanks to the HM mechanic, but now that I have used one from start to finish I can say it was better than I expected. However, I found two problems: the lack of move variety (granted, this is Gen II so it was a given) and how long it took me to get two other moves, since you can get only Thief at the Rocket Hideout and Steel Wing is available until the Rock Tunnel. I'll have to check later if those issues have been fixed.

Thanks @Giant Octopodes for suggesting this one, and I wonder what else you could suggest. Let's see what is next on the list...

Sapphire Emerald with Camerupt

Okay, I'm not tired yet, so I'll start immediately

Camerupt Emerald Update #1
  • And now for the actual post-Roxanne update.

Level 16
    Quick Claw
    Oblivious
    Impish Nature
    Growl, Tackle, Ember
    HP 47/Atk 29/Def 19/Sp. Atk 22/Sp. Def 21/Spd 17

According to Datadex, Numel will learn its first Ground move (Magnitude) at level 19, so there's a chance that it either learns it before reaching Brawly. Also, seeing how it learns Rock Tomb, I wonder if I should teach it to him. Thoughts?

Camerupt Emerald Update #2
  • ...I hate May's Torkoal. Brawly was also a headache.

Level 20
    Quick Claw
    Oblivious
    Impish Nature
    Magnitude, Tackle, Ember, Rock Tomb
    HP 57/Atk 35/Def 24/Sp. Atk 27/Sp. Def 25/Spd 21

...At least Wattson will be easier...

Camerupt Emerald Update #3
  • Finally defeated Wattson. Also, I forgot that May's Torkoal is replaced by a Slugma by the time you fight her on Route 110. Numel is close to evolving, too.

Level 32
    Quick Claw
    Oblivious
    Impish Nature
    Magnitude, Tackle, Ember, Rock Tomb
    HP 87/Atk 53/Def 35/Sp. Atk 43/Sp. Def 38/Spd 34

Camerupt Emerald Update #4
  • Just defeated Flannery. Numel evolved while I was on the second Trick House challenge, and learned Rock Slide, which for some reason has better power and accuracy than Rock Tomb. It also learned Earthquake soon after, which was a nice surprise. Also, did you know that Numel learns Flamethrower naturally, but Camerupt can't? Which means I'm poor now since I had to buy TM35 from the Game Corner. It also felt good showing Maxie who's the actual Camerupt master. :cool:

Level 44
    Charcoal
    Magma Armor
    Impish Nature
    Earthquake, Tackle, Flamethrower, Rock Slide
    HP 128/Atk 110/Def 79/Sp. Atk 93/Sp. Def 78/Spd 52

Now I need suggestions on what to do with Tackle.

Camerupt Emerald Update #5
  • Just defeated Norman. It wasn't as bad as with previous playthroughs, even with the fragile defenses that Camerupt has (at least compared to the other stats), I was also surprised that Slaking of all things outspeeds it.

Level 47
    Charcoal
    Magma Armor
    Impish Nature
    Earthquake, Return, Flamethrower, Rock Slide
    HP 137/Atk 118/Def 85/Sp. Atk 99/Sp. Def 84/Spd 57

Back
    Top Bottom