• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate My Team,Please!

Shiny Suicune

Chili Dog
Reaction score
After years,I've returned to FireRed. I need to get past Koga now, and I think my team is under par. Please help!

Venusaur
Timid
ATK 56
DEF 70
SP.ATK 76
SP.DEF 77
SPD 69

Poisonpowder
Cut
Leech Seed
Giga Drain

Pikachu
Docile
ATK 46
DEF 33
SP.ATK 42
SP.DEF 37
SPD 71

Thundershock
Thunderbolt
Mega Kiick
Thunder Wave

Graveler (Sturdy)
Bashful
ATK 71
DEF 84
SP.ATK 41
SP.DEF 43
SPD 37

Rollout
Magnitude
Selfdestruct
Rock Throw

Pidgeotto(Keen Eye)
Timid
ATK 46
DEF43
SP.ATK 40
SP.DEF 48
SPD 69

Fly
Whirlwind
Gust
Wing Attack

Hypno
Jolly
ATK 59
DEF 65
SP.ATK 55
SP.DEF 87
SPD 64

Headbutt
Hypnosis
Counter
Psychic

Primeape
Modest
ATK 72
DEF 49
SP.ATK 60
SP.DEF 61
SPD 81

Rage
Mega Punch
Low Kick
Karate Chop

It's taking a bit long to train them right now, and I fell REALLY close to being beaten by my rival.

You should specify levels next time.

But in any case you should be able to sweep Koga with just Hypno using psychic. Even if Hypno is slightly below Kogas level.

The only problem is that Hypno's Special Attack stat is pitiful. So psychic isn't the best choice. Kadabra should do fine, speed and a nice sp.atk

I don't see how Poisonpowder is going to help you in any way with Koga.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom