• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Roy's team

I know this is from like a month ago but about three days after you made that post, I made a set of teams Roy (and Liko) would have in the anime (what a coincidence!).

So, let’s start with Roy:
Skeledirge
Fuecoco’s final form is Skeledirge. If Fuecoco IS planned to evolve in the show, then this is gonna be where it starts; if not, Fuecoco)
Golduck & Breloom
IDK honestly… Type balance reasons.
Eevee
Our second mascot for Pokémon appears in this team! Yay! Once again, idk…
Cetitan
IDK
Koraidon
Roy’s outfit is primarily red, and red and scarlet are related colors, and Koraidon is a red dragon so I guess Roy could have this?

Now, for Liko:
Meowscarada
Sprigatito’s final form. If it does evolve, this is the first choice. If not, then either it stays as a Sprigatito or goes up to Floragato and stays a Floragato.
Vivillon
IDK lol… I just really liked the pattern so I wanted to.
Pikachu
Our first franchise mascot joins us again… JK I know Ash’s is with Ash, but since we’re getting a lot of Ash references in Liko, might as well put a Pikachu on her team.
Armarouge
Obviously I haven’t watched the anime, but I did my research and Ceruledge was in the anime (I don’t even know who had it) so I feel like Liko is gonna get an Armarouge solely because of that. Not to mention type balance.
Dondozo
Idk, type balance?
Miraidon
I feel like she could get this Pokémon in some way but again idk.

I know you were asking for just Roy, but then I decided to just list both of their hypothetical final teams because why not!

This choice makes no sense. Why do we need a second Pikachu when we already have another under Friede's ownership?
Idk I made that team last May and it’s pretty much outdated and I wanted to throw in another Ash reference because her hair clip literally references him
I’m probably gonna switch Pikachu out for a different Pokémon but which one though?

Liko's hairpin is not a reference to Satoshi. If you look closely, the clip and logo on Satoshi's hat are different.
In fact, the hair clip is a reference to the Orbeetle.
Wait, it is? Shoot, I didn’t know that. It looked like the logo on his hat to me
I just now Googled up Orbeetle and I noticed its eyebrows literally look like Liko’s hairpin, thank you for helping me notice/realize that!
Since we already got Pikachu on Friede’s team, I’m probably gonna think about what Pokémon should be on the team instead of Pikachu (part of me wants to put Orbeetle on the team since I now see the reference lol)

Wait… Conia has a Golduck?
Once again, haven’t watched the series past the first episode so that’s why I didn’t know that.
Well it looks like Roy will get Palafin instead of Golduck then lol

I think we should wait to know more about his goal to really know, but for now, some random ideas:

• Nacli->Garganacl: It's shy and calm attitude would clash with Roy but eventually would be a trustworthy wall.
  • Orthworm: If he's gonna fight more titans he's going to need something big and versatile and this is a perfect choice.
  • Shiftry: Represents well his interest in forests and wildlife and how they could be protected. There isn't a 1 to 1 Paldea equivalent, but close options from the same biome are Spidops or Grafaiai.
  • Girafarig->Farigiraf: Similarly to Orthworm has that height advantage, and has great coverage and defensive capabilities.
  • Toedscool->Toedscruel: Could start as a gag but eventually be proven useful with its trapping tentacles after evolving.

So… Episode 12 recently aired (and we’re oddly not getting the next episode until literally three weeks later) and still neither of them caught any new Pokémon as of writing this. I want to wait for more episodes but I hate waiting and I want to see them catch ANOTHER Pokémon already like come on :(
I literally haven’t even kept up with the show and I haven’t watched it after (some of) episode 1, so I guess I need more after all

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom