• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S07 EP02: The Relicanth Really Can

BookThrower said:
But the think that got me thinking was Jessie said she did not care if she was pedding to china.Wait you are telling me that the real world is there.........I'm going to Kanto bye ^^.
From the first movie:

Misty: "I didn't know Vikings still existed!"
Ash: "Yeah, they all live in Minnesota."

XD

I watched this episode through a thick haze (parties the night before made it difficult to wake up). I was mad I woke up to watch it. You know, some parts were kinda funny (Jessie saying something along the lines of why are they in the Magikarp sub again) and them in general being very evil was excellent. I remember actually cheering when they busted missles out. However, I wanted to jump through the screen when Ash asked when Adam popped out of the water "Is that a Pokemon?" GODDDD. NO. YOU IDIOT.

Overall, I should have passed for vaulable sleep.

Man, I don't think the people who are comparing this to Johto remember how truly bad some of those fillers were.

I think most people overexagerate (sp?) the badness of Johto. It wasn;t the quality of the fillers, it was the number of them ^^.

I liked The Wistle Stop and Roll On Donphan. Wistle Stop has one of my all time favorite Brock come-ons, and Roll On Donphan was one of the few times Heracross got to battle.

"Eat bubbles, LOSERS!" I lolled

it was a pretty good episode. After I heard his name was Adam, I was like "I bet his wife's name is Eve"

"I'm Evelyn!"

"...."

haha, but it was pretty good, and funny. I guess I missed the part where she said that she didnt care if she was peddling to china (or whatever)

I have to admit, when ash asked if adam was a pokemon, I was like "wtf, seriously" haha

mmmm 7/10 I guess!

fruitsmoothierevenge said:
BTW, did he say "crap!" when the sub was filling up, or was it my imagination?

I thought so too, but after replaying it a few times, it was clear that what he was really saying was:

James: "Perhaps the Team Rocket way has taken a wrong turn!"

So no.

Last edited:
Dogasu said:
I thought so too, but after replaying it a few times, it was clear that what he was really saying was:

James: "Perhaps the Team Rocket was has taken a wrong turn!"

So no.

Aww, shucks. Well, then, one word for Mr. Stuart: an-nun-ci-ate. XD j/k.

Nice icon, btw. go, cheat! lightswitch rave!

"The Team Rocket"? "Was has"?

fruitsmoothierevenge said:
Aww, shucks. Well, then, one word for Mr. Stuart: an-nun-ci-ate. XD j/k.
I think you mean "enunciate."

Forget enuncating, say "crap," dang it!

I think overall it was an ok episode. I agree some complaints (quick decision to go to CotD's house, Ash's "Is that a Pokémon?", ugly Relicanth [poor things...], a tad "blah"), but it was... just ok. I said 7.5 at TRHQ2, but I'm wondering if I should change that. I don't even know my own rating system....

Whoops. That was a typo on my part. I've corrected it in the post above.

For some reason, "The Team Rocket was has taken a wrong turn" makes me think of those cartoons the Cheat creates on homestarrunner.com.

MistyIRC said:
It used a lot of music from the first and second movies.
Yeah, I noticed a lot of the second movie music and I usually don't pay attention to the music.

Anyways, first new episode I've seen in a long time. I missed a bit of the theme song but from what I've seen it looks cool. I liked the episode. Evelyn's pretty. When was the last time TR used the Magikarp sub before this ep?

Here's my review of this episode:

This was a pretty good episode!! And first of all, I have to say that I'm actually one of the few people who liked the character of the day, Adam. He was really cool! And he was funny too! I also liked how they actually showed the Green Shards in the anime. That was cool! And I also liked getting to see Team Rocket's Magikarp submarine again. That was cool too! And I thought it was great to see Team Rocket be more evil than they usually are, by firing all those missles and everything. Of course, I didn't really have a favorite part in this episode though. So, overall, this episode was really cool, and it was interesting and funny too.

Rating: 4 out of 5

So, what did you think of the episode, Adam?

Bah. The worst episode that I've seen in a while. (Although, most of them have been really good, anyway.) The music was fitting, but the writers clearly don't know how to make a decent plot. *Oh no! Team Rocket have blocked the way out! Oh look, the Relicanth want to show us another way out - which we conveniently couldn't see earlier - for no reason at all!* And wouldn't Team Rocket have to fight the current again, anyway? And for that matter, how did they fix the sub underwater?

Also, in "Mantine Overboard", they use Dive. As they are getting Green Shards now, this would be the perfect time to show that aspect of the games. But no, they are in a magical submarine.

It is a bit better than I just made out, though :p

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom