• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S08 EP04: Training Wrecks

And since 4Kids seems pretty in tune with pop culture and will probably know about Harley Quinn, they'll probably call him Harry instead. My guess anyway. As long as his last name isn't Butt. :p

Anyway, we've gone extremely off-topic.

... ... ... Please don't say things like that, Geodude... you might GIVE THEM IDEAS.
They might really name him... BUTT. o.o;;

Haha, Quinn's also the only other person I can think of with the name Harley.

There was a Harlequinn (one word) in the old comics, IIRC. He was a male and had nothing to do with the Joker, from what I remember reading.

I hate to admit this, but there was this soap opera I used to follow called Guiding Light, and it had a female character on it named Harley. Curse soap operas for being so darn addictive!

Another observation based on this episode: James seems to be getting smarter and smarter. ^_^ Lactic acid? They never would have made him say something that intelligent before.

Infinite Sceptile said:
In the US, Harley is often assumed to be a girl's name. There's a very good chance they will change his name. I will send hate mail to them if they change Harley's gender. But, considering how they've never been averse to portrayals of homosexuality, they just might leave him a him.
Let's not forget their bastardization of Bashou, though. Although whether they changed him or not is still up in the air.

Here's my review of this episode:

This was a pretty good episode! And I think I liked almost everything about it. It was kinda funny how all those trainers were doing their training by exercising. And one of my favorite parts in this episode was when Ash and Pikachu were on that rope. That was cool! And I also liked all the parts with Team Rocket, because they were really funny in this episode. XD Of course, my favorite part in this episode was definitely the battle that Ash had with that one guy (who seemed to be pretty mean to Ash, kinda like the way Gary was in the first season). I didn't really like that guy that much, but then, when Ash found out how to beat him and actually won the match, I was really happy. And after that happened, that one guy seemed to be nicer to Ash, so I liked that. Anyway, overall, this was a pretty good episode, it was really interesting, funny, and it was exciting too.

Rating: 5 out of 5

QuietDragon said:
... ... ... Please don't say things like that, Geodude... you might GIVE THEM IDEAS.
They might really name him... BUTT. o.o;;
Believe it or not, I actually know a man named Harry Butt.

This was an alright episode. The ending seemed almost tacked on, it had nothing to do with the episode. But of course, it is set-up for the next episode, so it will probably look better to me tomorrow.

Did anyone else notice Ash's line, "there are lots of trainers better than me!" Has he ever said that before? He has certainly grown from Kanto, (where I am sure no one was as conceited as Ash's challenger in this episode.) He was alright to start with, but when the battle began...ugh, he was annoying!

So is that it for the Magikarp sub? Does it appear after this episode?

LOL at Skitty, though:
eq77fn.jpg

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
But it's not *confirmed* that Bashou and Buson are an item. Heck, it's not even suggested in anything more than how well they work together.
... then why else would they change it?
(God, I really don't wanna start *this* argument again..)

Unless 4Kids tell us what they were doing with "The Legend of Thunder", I doubt we will get any further on that.

I still say that they got the One Piece guys to work on Chronicles, which would explain the needless changes left and right.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom