• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S14 EP18: Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest!

It was a nice episode. Sewaddle was so cute. At least we got official pronunciations of Sewaddle and Leavanny. I just want a pronunciation of Icirrus City already.

Burgh was so cool. I can't wait when Ash battles him.

So no TRio in this episode?

This was a cute and entertaining episode. I love Sewaddle's personality (strangely enough it's exactly how I would have done it).

Why are all Pokemon so cute? I really fell in love with this episode. Burgh is a true star. I love the pretty guys in this show.

Sewaddle, Sewaddle! I like how you kick so much ass!

Honestly, this is officially one of my favorite episodes in Black & White thus far.

I liked Sewaddle's voice, but Burgh just didn't work for me. It's a shame they couldn't get the guy who played Tuxedo Mask in the Sailor Moon dub.

Yeah, it kinda seems overly whimsical but honestly, it ain't bad. I kinda like it but I feel like the actor could've eased off being so whimsy.

The episode itself was a fun adventure, and another reminder of why I love the series so much. It's always fun when we dive into the world that inhabits these creates because it makes them feel like real animals. I know following Pokemon around and see what they do in their natural habitat isn't always the most exciting thing in the world, but it's always a treat for me when they do.
Agreed.

I quite liked the way that Pinwheel Forest was showcased, and an early introduction to Burgh.

I was confused when Cilan disappeared when the others were on the grass looking at the sky.

Sewaddle has got to be one of the cutest dub voices ever.

There is one thing I really liked about this episode and one thing I didn't.

The dub voices were amazing, especially how Leavanny had the same tone that it's japanese voice has.

And when Iris got the group lost, Ash didn't get mad like he did in the japanese version, so I hated that part.

I love the scenery in this episode. Sewaddle is adorable. For some reason Ash jumping up and down in excitement to do the head-bumping thing cracked me up.

This was actually pretty decent episode. They didn't screw up with Burgh voice. Sewaddle voice wasn't that bad but I love that bug type Pokemon! One of my first favorite bug type and I loved how it was kicking Ash ass in this episode. I also liked how Iris thinks she knew about the Forest voice but she kept on failing whenever she thought she was right.

I dont think this episode could have been better I like everything in this episode :3

the episode was very catchy in some ways,I just didnt fully enjoyed the episode because I already knew that ash will capture sweddle,so I wont watch any japanese episodes or even previews again.

Really liked Sewaddle's voice. Very fitting and makes him just as adorable as he was in the original. Burgh also got a fitting voice and I'm glad to see most of the dialogue and music are still being kept. Cutest scene was when Sewaddle went into Ash's sleeping bag and said "Sewa wa!" <3

I've been mispronouncing Castelia city this whole time apparently.

Last edited:
I just realized that levanny's voice in the dub is very similar to the japanese one, finally I like it ^^

when ash captured krabby in the first season the ball had telleported automatically to prof oak,so why it didnt do the same thing here ??

Admittedly, I had already been a bit biased before I started watching this week's episode. Firstly, I didn't know what to make of Sewaddle because to me it seemed like the protypical Bug-Type Pokemon of the Unova reagion, one of those region-specific variations of Caterpie so to speak. Secondly, I didn't like Burgh's character and above all, his outfit. I was annoyed that the writers made him fit the description of a weird, extremely emotional artist with all those odd quirks.

After seeing the episode, however, I've go to correct my opinion somewhat:
In the end Sewaddle turned out not to be that bad after all. It still hasn't grown on me (and I don't know if it ever will) but it sure proved that it has spunk! As I'm not really into cutie -Pokemon, I'll leave judgement as to whether Sewaddle was cute to the cutie-Pokemon supporters. But nevertheless, thumbs up, little guy, you very pretty impressive for sure.
As for Burgh, well, quite frankly, I don't get why he has to wear leggins of all things. If you ask me, men with leggings look...oh I guess I'd better refrain from commenting on that!

And now to the good aspects of the ep: I did like the setting and the breath-taking scenery in this undoubtedly amazing forest. I'm also very pleased to hear that they brought up the "becoming one with nature and looking at the simple things in life"-theme. I've somehow missed it and thought that it had maybe been forgotten already. But given the fact that this motif has always been an essential part of Pokemon, I'm glad that we were reminded of it once again.
It was also a welcome change to see Ash act heroically when rescuing Sewaddle instead of acting like a little kid like he's unfortunately been doing since the first Unova episode. A short but nice reminder of the old, the TRUE Ash!

All in all, not a bad episode, especially due to the lovely scenery and the theme mentioned above.

Good episode, although there are some strange parts to it:
1. Why didn't Ash's pokeball teleport when he got Sewaddle like it did when he captured Kingler? Are Unova pokeballs constructed differently or do the writers just like the idea of manuelly transporting pokeballs better?
2. Why did Ash send a pokemon to Juniper, doesn't he usually send the to Oak?
I'm probably being too persnicity, but still.

To answer your questions:

1. I'm guessing things simply work differently in Unova than Kanto.
2. I'm guessing Kanto was too long-distance for a Pokeball transfer. Juniper's lab was just easier.

And on a completely different note, did anyone else play "SexyBack" in their minds whenever Burgh was on screen, or was it just me? Then again, I've often portrayed him as Duke Devlin for "Caption the Screenshots," so...

I like the change in how the captures work when the trainer already has a full team. It makes more sense the way it's depicted now. Random thoughts:

-Yes, Ash, you have slept in a treetop before, a few times. That was either a lie or a stupid dub line.
-Awesome-looking forest backgrounds.
-Burgh was weird and hilarious at the same time.
-Loved Sewaddle's web-swinging. Little guy thinks he's Spider-Man.
-Loved the fact that a wild Pokemon came out of nowhere and attacked just for the heck of it for once, just the way it happens in the games.
-Sewaddle's dub voice and its "Sewawa!" were very cute. Cutest scenes involving it were when it crawled into Ash's sleeping bag, and when it rubbed against Ash's leg.

I only just realised that I'd been pronouncing Burgh and Castelia City wrong all this time. I've been pronouncing Burgh as if the 'gh' was silent, like in "though". I was also pronouncing Castelia City as Cas-tell-ee-a.

Sewaddle's "See-wa-wa!" is the best xD

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom