• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spacing between chapters

Captain GIROG

Piracy McGee
Reaction score
I've been writing and constantly updating my story, Field Research, for a few weeks now. I have twenty one chapters online and twenty three on Google Docs. The reason I made this thread is that I believe I might be going a bit fast.

Currently, I update every even day. From what I see in other threads, most people update at a much slower speed than that. Should I continue to update at this speed, or should I slow down? I have no problem knocking off a chapter in a few hours, but with my other projects, it's a bit stressful.

Don't rush yourself, but don't go so slowly that you lose interest. If you feel comfortable (and satisfied) with your current speed, stay with it.

Don't rush yourself, but don't go so slowly that you lose interest. If you feel comfortable (and satisfied) with your current speed, stay with it.
I second this bit of advise. Maybe you could update less often (readers might not be able to catch up as quickly), but if you write ahead and ahead, you'll have a nice buffer in case you suddenly run out of inspiration (sorry, not trying to invoke Evil on you, just pointing out something from my own experience)

I'd suggest not putting out a chapter a day, or even two days. I'm currently struggling to get one out every week, even though the first six months were fine for some reason.

But yeah, whatever you feel comfortable with. Don't rush yourself - it decreases the quality of your work.

Blackjack actually has one that she only updates every six months or so.

Why not inform your readers that you are going to post a chap, say, every Friday for example?

I'd always recommend updating regularly. It means your readers will know around about when to check your thread.
Of course, I don't do that but that's only because I don't really write chapters because I'm lazy.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be updating Mondays and Fridays from now on, starting this Friday.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom