• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legends Z-A The Pokemon of Pokemon Legends Z-A

Bolt Strike

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
So one of the most important elements of a Pokemon game is the Pokedex and what Pokemon are going to be in it. Main games typically have a Pokedex to complete consisting of a selection of Pokemon in the game. What Pokemon will appear in the game? Will there be a Pokedex as in past games?

Now it's worth noting that the trailer does show some Pokemon off that presumably will be in the game. Here are the Pokemon that already appear to be confirmed for the game (with a timestamp of when in the trailer they appear):

Pikachu- 0:28
Litleo- 0:41
Pyroar- 0:41
Flabebe- 0:43
Furfrou- 0:43
Klefki- 0:43
Fletchling- 0:48
Dragonair- 0:50
Hawlucha- 0:51
Gyarados- 0:51
Hippopotas- 0:53
Gogoat- 0:54
Emolga- 0:54
Arbok- 0:54
Absol- 0:54
Aegislash- 0:55
Sylveon- 0:55
Sandile- 0:55
Krookodile- 0:55
Heracross- 0:59
Pinsir- 0:59
Onix- 0:59
Talonflame- 1:01
Bellsprout- 1:01
Eevee- 1:01
Pangoro- 1:02
Crobat- 1:03

There's a few more shown as well, but it's difficult to definitively make out what they are.

I'm going to guess the Pokemon selection is going be very similar to LA but on the gen 6 side of things. Basically all the new Kalos Pokemon plus some from previous gens whilst basically none from post gen 6 aside from ones getting forms/megas/evos. That's what it's looking like from the trailer, given the newest Pokemon featured there appear to be the gen 6 mon.

I really wouldn't mind that, given gen 6 has most of my favs already. At least give me Meowstic and I'm set (though I'm pretty sure that's the furthest left Pokemon at 0:56)

Last edited:
So one of the most important elements of a Pokemon game is the Pokedex and what Pokemon are going to be in it. Main games typically have a Pokedex to complete consisting of a selection of Pokemon in the game. What Pokemon will appear in the game? Will there be a Pokedex as in past games?

Now it's worth noting that the trailer does show some Pokemon off that presumably will be in the game. Here are the Pokemon that already appear to be confirmed for the game (with a timestamp of when in the trailer they appear):

Pikachu- 0:28
Litleo- 0:41
Pyroar- 0:41
Flabebe- 0:43
Furfrou- 0:43
Klefki- 0:43
Fletchling- 0:48
Dragonair- 0:50
Hawlucha- 0:51
Gyarados- 0:51
Hippopotas- 0:53
Gogoat- 0:54
Emolga- 0:54
Arbok- 0:54
Absol- 0:54
Aegislash- 0:55
Sylveon- 0:55
Sandile- 0:55
Krookodile- 0:55
Heracross- 0:59
Pinsir- 0:59
Onix- 0:59
Talonflame- 1:01
Bellsprout- 1:01
Eevee- 1:01
Pangoro- 1:02
Crobat- 1:03

There's a few more shown as well, but it's difficult to definitively make out what they are.

3:15 on the left that is hard to make out what it is, i am gonna say its either a Pancham or Mienfoo.

At 4:11 with the Pangoro, thats clearly a Cacturne (It has the green coloration and a a hat).

atm I'm against the idea of every Pokemon in the Kalos dex being in Legends Z-A just because the same happened for Sinnoh in PLA, because the Kalos dex over twice as huge as the Pt Sinnoh dex, triple the size of the DP Sinnoh Pokedex, and this game is only taking place in one city within Kalos rather than the entire Kalos region. I'd be surprised if they can pull off having the entire Kalos dex in Legends Z-A but I won't be disappointed if they couldn't manage to do this.

I do believe all the Kalos natives will be in though.

atm I'm against the idea of every Pokemon in the Kalos dex being in Legends Z-A just because the same happened for Sinnoh in PLA, because the Kalos dex over twice as huge as the Pt Sinnoh dex, triple the size of the DP Sinnoh Pokedex, and this game is only taking place in one city within Kalos rather than the entire Kalos region. I'd be surprised if they can pull off having the entire Kalos dex in Legends Z-A but I won't be disappointed if they couldn't manage to do this.
LA afaik, technically didn't even feature all of the Sinnoh dex aside from all the gen 4 mon, so it already wouldn't be disimilar

Last edited:
The Feebas line is gen 3, though.

Correct. All of the Gen 4 Pokemon were in the Hisui Dex, was what missing from LA were a handful of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen Pokemon brought back for the Sinnoh Dex in DPPt, and Feebas/Milotic fall into that latter category (IIRC there were about 8, I also distinctly remember the Maril, Swablu, and Meditite lines being excluded). I do agree that similarly, all of the 6th gen Pokemon will be in the game (Lumiose Dex?) but not all 454 of the Kalos Dex Pokemon. We've seen a pretty clear pattern post-Dexit where they don't really want to do more than 400ish Pokemon and even then only for new gen games. For this game I wouldn't be surprised if they cut it down to 250-300ish mainly consisting of 6th gen Pokemon, Pokemon that have Megas (maybe with a few new Megas introduced), and a few new cross gen evos/convergents/variants. The entire Kalos Dex with some new additions just seems like it's going to be too much for them to handle, so my guess is they're probably going to cut a large swath of the 1st-5th gen Pokemon they brought back for the Kalos Dex.

Here's the thing, though: We don't know if the player will be absolutely confined to the city. How will we be able to bring in Pokémon TO the city to make it a place for people and Pokémon? We can't really do that if we can't leave the city.

Correct. All of the Gen 4 Pokemon were in the Hisui Dex, was what missing from LA were a handful of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen Pokemon brought back for the Sinnoh Dex in DPPt, and Feebas/Milotic fall into that latter category (IIRC there were about 8, I also distinctly remember the Maril, Swablu, and Meditite lines being excluded). I do agree that similarly, all of the 6th gen Pokemon will be in the game (Lumiose Dex?) but not all 454 of the Kalos Dex Pokemon. We've seen a pretty clear pattern post-Dexit where they don't really want to do more than 400ish Pokemon and even then only for new gen games. For this game I wouldn't be surprised if they cut it down to 250-300ish mainly consisting of 6th gen Pokemon, Pokemon that have Megas (maybe with a few new Megas introduced), and a few new cross gen evos/convergents/variants. The entire Kalos Dex with some new additions just seems like it's going to be too much for them to handle, so my guess is they're probably going to cut a large swath of the 1st-5th gen Pokemon they brought back for the Kalos Dex.

As for the Pokemon not available on any Nintendo Switch game, all of them are in the Kalos Pokedex so it makes sense to bring them back. Plus, there aren't that many so they won't even take up that much space.

As for the Pokemon not available on any Nintendo Switch game, all of them are in the Kalos Pokedex so it makes sense to bring them back. Plus, there aren't that many so they won't even take up that much space.

Hmm, I didn't consider that but yeah, they could throw those Pokemon in as well.

Last edited:
Isn’t alolan rattata a trade for lgpe? So technically available on switch

Oh right, I have no interest in a glorified mobile game pretending to be a console game, that's why mine is stuck (please bring back Alolan Rattata in Gen 10 Game Freak, I will never buy LGPE in a million years no matter what you make exclusive to it).

From the Kalosian Dex, these would be my candidates for deletion, due to being easily available in other Switch games, too unusual for city biomes (even if there are Terrarium-like areas) or not iconic enough to either Kalos or the franchise.

Bidoof/Bibarel
Burmy/Wormadam/Mothim
Carvanha/Sharpedo
Combee/Vespiquen
Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume/Bellosom
Sentret/Furret
Croagunk/Toxicroak
Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff
Zangoose/Seviper
Wingull/Pelipper
Luvdisc
Shellder/Cloyster
Qwilfish
Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
Relicanth
Rhyhorn/Rhydon/Rhyperior
Cubone/Marowak
Nosepass/Probopass
Throh/Sawk
Starly/Staravia/Staraptor
Stunky/Skuntank
Nidorans (6)
Chingling/Chimecho
Solosis/Duosion/Reuniclus
Pachirisu
Exeggcute/Exeguttor
Mantyke/Mantine
Clamperl/Huntail/Gorebyss
Remoraid/Octillery
Chinchou/Lanturn
Skorupi/Drapion
Wooper/Quagsire
Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel
Carnivine
Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath/Politoed
Barboach/Whiscash
Pawniard/Bisharp
Murkrow/Honchkrow
Foongus/Amoongus
Buizel/Floatzel
Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine
Cubchoo/Beartic
Delibird
Sneasel/Weavile
Spinarak/Ariados
Cryogonal
Hoothoot/Noctowl
Igglybuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
Bonsly/Sudowoodo
Teddiursa/Ursaring

That's a cut of around 110, was expecting a bit more but it shows it's doable without affecting game balance and showcase of iconic species.

I haven't been able to fully come up with a list of which Pokemon should be in, but I ran the numbers and there's plenty of room for all 6th gen Pokemon, all Pokemon with Megas, and several extras. I've come out to around 240ish with that much. As @Nicolas721 alluded to, there's a lot of Kalos Dex Pokemon from older generations that are expendable without seriously hurting the game (although naturally fans of those Pokemon will inevitably be disappointed but in general the quantity and variety of Pokemon should be sufficient). I think the real question marks from the roster are more:

1. What are they going to introduce in terms of cross gen evos, regional variants, convergents, and/or new Megas? Fair bet there's at least a few of these as every game Game Freak has worked on since SM has at least some new Pokemon, so we should probably get a few surprises like that here and there, it's more a matter of which ones they'll go for.
2. Will they throw in some old Pokemon that weren't in the original Kalos Dex, possibly even some newer generation Pokemon like Alola and Galar Pokemon (probably not SV Pokemon since they're still too new and they'd want to squeeze in some more sales)?

The first especially is the main reason I don't have a formal prediction, I'm having trouble thinking of some of those ideas, particularly the first 3. I do think they'll repeat what they did with LA and have a new set of starters whose final forms are Lumiosan forms, and I can think of a few more Megas, but beyond that I don't really have much in the way of ideas there. One idea I did think might be cool is a Pawniard/Bisharp convergent (I don't think they'd have a Kingambit variant because I don't think it would fit the concept) that's based around a French guardsman. The first form could be called Pawnguarde (that pun is just too great not to do), but I can't even think of a good name for the Bisharp convergent. So I'm struggling to come up with those kinds of ideas to round out a formal dex prediction, so I think I'll just let Game Freak surprise me this time.

Back
Top Bottom