• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation The remakes and the unsolved mysteries from XY

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
I don't know if this has been brought up before, however, after picking up X again after taking a long hiatus from it I started wondering about some of the things that have yet to gain answers in the past 10 months. Since we're getting more mega evolutions in ORAS (Plus the new pokemon in XY that were publicly unknown at the time of the article) I've started to wonder if Game Freak isn't going to do something a little different and connect the remakes to the main series in some minor way. Either by having them answer some of of the open ended questions or by using them as stepping stones to their conclusion in the third game(s).

Things like the mystery tiki may be saved for the third game(s) since it's specifically stated it's not in any of the previous regions. You can also bet that the tips will in no way effect games taking place in another region. But things like the ghost girl and Lumiose Press' Editor-in-chief could easily be hinted at. If they're not in fact the same person, maybe their parents live in Hoenn. Maybe there's a grieving family over the ghost girl or the editors parents got another note from her? Who knows since we don't know how long either of them have been gone or where XY falls officially on the timeline. There's also the mystery of the other team that came around Kalos asking about the respective legendaries that could be hinted at if not saved for the third game(s).

I'm definitely reading too much into the unexplained stuff but it's still something to think about either way.

I don't know if this has been brought up before, however, after picking up X again after taking a long hiatus from it I started wondering about some of the things that have yet to gain answers in the past 10 months. Since we're getting more mega evolutions in ORAS (Plus the new pokemon in XY that were publicly unknown at the time of the article) I've started to wonder if Game Freak isn't going to do something a little different and connect the remakes to the main series in some minor way. Either by having them answer some of of the open ended questions or by using them as stepping stones to their conclusion in the third game(s).

Things like the mystery tiki may be saved for the third game(s) since it's specifically stated it's not in any of the previous regions. You can also bet that the tips will in no way effect games taking place in another region. But things like the ghost girl and Lumiose Press' Editor-in-chief could easily be hinted at. If they're not in fact the same person, maybe their parents live in Hoenn. Maybe there's a grieving family over the ghost girl or the editors parents got another note from her? Who knows since we don't know how long either of them have been gone or where XY falls officially on the timeline. There's also the mystery of the other team that came around Kalos asking about the respective legendaries that could be hinted at if not saved for the third game(s).

I'm definitely reading too much into the unexplained stuff but it's still something to think about either way.

Both XY's place in the timeline (at the end, happening at the same time as B2/W2) and the Lumiose Press Editor (Volcanion Event) have been discovered. Only things still mysterious are:

Ghost Girl
The Haunted House Guy's scary story
Strange Souvenir (Tiki)
The second train in Lumiose Station
Chamber of Emptiness
Couriway Town's railroad tracks
Zygarde backstory
The location of Xerneas' forest / Yveltal's mountain habitat
The third team
The Anistar Sundial/Diancie/Mega Evolution

But things like the ghost girl and Lumiose Press' Editor-in-chief could easily be hinted at
There's been a lot of unexplained ghost sightings in the past games, I doubt we'll get anything. The Lumiose Press thing was related to a Volcanion event, which was by no means impressive.

Who knows since we don't know how long either of them have been gone or where XY falls officially on the timeline.

Tweet from scenario writer Toshinobu Matsumiya confirmed XY takes place at the same time as B2W2.

Besides, The Chamber of Emptiness is exactly what it is. A chamber.. with nothing. No real mystery behind it.
Emptiness just sounds more creepier than Nothing.

What if the mystery of the Lumoise ghost girl will be solved in these games? Nah, I'm getting ahead of myself.

All of these things could be solved in the dreaded third version as well so yeah....

-I think the last one, with Diancie, will have to get something, we still don't know the events to get its Mega Stone(which is odd, considering how they usually give us the event in the next games after the movie distribution starts).
-Whatever the mystery souvenir hints at will not be furthered in these games. We're too far away from XY to chronologically have it make sense(Unless of course the events of that region tie into some plot points of the early games, and also takes place pre BW)

Everything else falls into the above category, there's too many stuff that would make no sense considering when ORAS takes place.

-Whatever the mystery souvenir hints at will not be furthered in these games. We're too far away from XY to chronologically have it make sense(Unless of course the events of that region tie into some plot points of the early games, and also takes place pre BW)
The unknown region has existed since long before the events of any game, so I don't see why ORAS can't add more hints about it.

Besides, The Chamber of Emptiness is exactly what it is. A chamber.. with nothing. No real mystery behind it.

Yeah, but all we got from there is a Spooky Plate and a Banettite. While it could be the case, I have trouble believing those two items are all it was made for.

Yeah, but all we got from there is a Spooky Plate and a Banettite. While it could be the case, I have trouble believing those two items are all it was made for.

It wouldn't be the first time that a named place served little purpose though. The Scorched Slab in RSE only contained the TM for Sunny Day. You couldn't even catch any Pokemon in there despite the ability to Surf and, I presume, fish.

The most intriguing mystery for me from XY surrounds the Sea-Spirit's Den. Despite being able to catch one of the three Legendary Birds there eventually, its name provokes the idea that Lugia - the 'Guardian of the Seas', should preside over it. That said, I would imagine that any mysteries or loose ends such as this (aside from Mega Evolution) will be expanded upon in the next Gen VI Kalos adventure. I can definitely see Kalos getting some exposition in ORAS though, just like the Arceus event in HGSS went into further depth with Sinnoh's mythology; even establishing a link between Sinnoh and Johto through the Sinjoh Ruins.

Last edited:
I really can't see any of these being solved in ORAS as it's a different timeline and region. The only possible one I can see is Diancie (somewhat due to its Mega Stone) and the message at Lumiose city's station.
That's kinda it :/

I'm sort of expecting Zygarde's backstory to be discussed in ORAS. Its pokédex entry in Y says, "It's monitoring those who destroy the ecosystem." I suspect that's part of a bigger plan, they're playing a long game with it. Despite being a million miles from the Hoenn dex, I wouldn't be surprised if it received a cameo - Aqua and Magma are surely its natural enemies.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom