• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke

Gym Leaders In Review: Nuzlocke Edition
  • Welcome to the latest episode of Gym Leaders In Review (GLIR), the next episode of a series that you, the fans, really seem to like. In this episode, we cover the Hoenn Gym Leaders in a Nuzlocke Edition.
    In this listing, we give a ranking with a total of 9 Points. 3 for Puzzle, 3 for Trainers, and 3 for Leader, for a total of 9 Points. In addition, we will discuss the Gym Leader Level & the Level Cap I had.

126px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Roxanne.png
    Gym #1: Rustboro Gym
    Gym Leader: Roxanne
    Gym Level: 14
    Level Cap: 14

Puzzle: 1
    Trainer: 1
    Leader: 2
    Total: 4
    136px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Brawly.png
    Gym #2: Dewford Gym
    Gym Leader: Brawly
    Gym Level: 16
    Level Cap: 18

Puzzle: 2
    Leader: 1
    317px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Wattson.png
    Gym #3: Mauville Gym
    Gym Leader: Wattson
    Gym Level: 21
    Level Cap: 25

Total: 5
    304px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Flannery.png
    Gym #4: Lavaridge Gym
    Gym Leader: Flannery
    Gym Level: 28
    Level Cap: 33

81px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Norman.png
    Gym #5: Petalburg Gym
    Gym Leader: Norman
    Gym Level: 30
    Level Cap: 36

Trainer: 2
    Total: 6
    455px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Winona.png
    Gym #6: Fortree Gym
    Gym Leader: Winona
    Gym Level: 35
    Level Cap: 48

Puzzle: 3
    Total: 7
    425px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Liza_&_Tate.png
    Gym #7: Mossdeep Gym
    Gym Leader: Duo Tate & Liza
    Gym Level: 45
    Level Cap: 58

442px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Wallace.png
    Gym #8: Sootopolis Gym
    Gym Leader: Wallace
    Gym Level: 46
    Level Cap: 63

Puzzle: 3
    Leader: 3
    Total: 8

My Plan Moving Forward
  • For the Sealed Chamber (Route 134) Sidequest, I am going to need the following Pokemon & Types:
    1. Pokemon that can Surf (Swampert)
    2. Pokemon that can Fly (Togekiss)
    3. Pokemon that can Dive (Walrein)
    4. Pokemon that can Dig (Don't have one right now, but I think I am going to catch a Trapinch, then train it up to a Flygon). Alternatively, I might give Dig to Armaldo.
    5. Catch a Relicanth
    6. Train my Wailmer to a Wailord (Level 40)

That's just what I need for opening the Chamber. Not sure how I will catch the Regis, though I think a major element will be the Quick Ball (thank you Fallarbor!!!)

Wish me luck Folks!

Log #36-The Regi Hunt
  • 800px-Project_Mew_titans.png
    After roughly a week of training, I got all of the requirements, though Trapinch was still a Trapinch...couldn't get it to Flygon, oh well. Anyway, lets get started!
    Route 134
    Route 134 really was a tough location to get to the Divable spot. After a few tries, I got there, opened the three doors, then left.
    My Team for Route 134:
    Swampert
    Togekiss
    Walrein
    Trapinch
    Relicanth
    Wailord

Relicanth & Wailord have to be in their right places for this to work. Once the doors were open, it was time to do some hunting.

Fallarbor Town
    I got my Main Team out:
    Swampert
    Hariyama
    Camerupt
    Pikachu
    Banette
    Togekiss

Then I loaded up on Dusk Balls & Ultra Balls. From there, I began the journey to the 3 Tombs.

Route 111 Desert
    In the desert of Route 111, I found my way to Regirock (Level 40). I used Banette to bring the health down, and after a few Dusk Balls, I caught it, naming it Boulder.

Route 105
    On the islands of Route 105, I found my way to Regice (Level 40). It was a bit tricky to catch, and I used Pikachu to get it. A few Thunderbolts got it down and able to be caught. A few more Dusk Balls and I had it. I named it Iceberg.

Route 120
    In a hidden area of Route 120 (this one took a bit to find), I found my way to Registeel (Level 40). Registeel took a while to catch, but eventually I mangaed to in a Dusk Ball. I named it Iron Giant.

Route 105 (again)
    I had to put some of my Team members in the box so I could do the hunt for Regigigas. To get Regigigas (Level 50) to appear, you have to do the following:
    1. All 3 Regis must be in the Team.
    2. Regice must be nicknamed, and given a cold item. I gave it an Icy Rock.
    3. You can only go after Regigigas the day after you catch the last Regi in the trio. I caught all 3 in the same day, so I didn't have to wait too long.

Regigigas took a bit, and actually burned through all of my remaining Dusk Balls (20 or so), then it was captured in an Ultra Ball. All Regis are done at last! In the next Log, we will finish the Trick House (I have been doing this steadily as I had the skills to use).

Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #37-The Trick House
  • Trick_House_puzzle_room_1_ORAS.png

Trick_House_puzzle_room_2_ORAS.png

Trick_House_puzzle_room_3_ORAS.png
    Trick House
    Rooms 1, 2, & 3 were done earlier in the journey, but I don't remember when, but I think it was when I was training Togekiss.

Room 1
    This room featured the use of Cut. It didn't take too long to get through.

Room 2
    This room featured the use of Rock Smash. It didn't take too long to get through.

Room 3
    In this room, I could have used Flash, but it was not required. Didn't take too long.
    Trick_House_puzzle_room_4_ORAS.png
    Room 4
    Here was where things started to get tricky. This one requires Strength. I am going to post the video I used for this (the video covers all of the Rooms. Room 4 starts at 10 min in):
    Trick_House_puzzle_room_5_ORAS.png
    Room 5
    This room was a question and answer format. Some were a bit odd, and hard to determine, but overall, not too bad.
    800px-Trick_House_puzzle_room_6_ORAS.png
    Room 6
    Room 6 has spinning tiles, and if you are following the video, it opens at 15 minutes. It was not as exhausting as Strength Room, but it was very tough. Thanks to the video, I got through it, completing the Trick Room.

The Next Log
    In the next Log, we will go for the Hoenn Victory Road. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #38-Victory Road
  • 89px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Wally.png
    Hoenn Victory Road
    When I took on the Victory Road, my Team was Level 64. Because I was so high above the Victory Road, I was able to clear it out easily. One of the Trainers was Vito of the Winstrates. Eventually, I arrived at the end of the Victory Road, where I battled Wally. By the time I defeated Wally & the Victory Road, my Team was Level 66.

Fallarbor Town & Lilycove City

Of highest importance was setting up Hariyama's moveset, specifically getting rid of Rock Smash & Strength. I exchanged it for other good moves. I also made sure that the others had strong moves, perfect for the League.

Around Hoenn
    I traveled across Hoenn, rebattling many trainers. At the end, my Team was Level 70.

Ever Grande City

I made sure to stock up on healing items, 25 of each that I bought. In the next Log, I take on the Hoenn Victory Road. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #39-Elite Four & Champion
  • Hoenn Elite Four.jpg
    Hoenn Elite Four
    Sidney

Hariyama, Camerupt, & Pikachu swept him easily.
    Phoebe
    Banette Mega Evolved & easily swept her through Shadow Force & Dazzling Gleam.
    Glacia
    Camerupt & Pikachu bested her, but the first Froslass with Confuse Ray almost defeated Camerupt.
    Drake
    Togekiss easily bested him with Dazzling Gleam.
    325px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Steven.png
    Steven
    Surprisingly, Steven wasn't that difficult, with Skarmory & Cradily being the most difficult of his Team. I expected some problems with Mega Metagross as well, but my Mega Swampert took it out easily, winning me the battle. I am now Hoenn's newest Champion! My Team was Level 72.

Bonus Battle: May

In the post credits, I battled May and easily bested her, setting the stage for the Delta Episode. In the next Log, we will take on the entire Delta Episode, which will end the game. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #40-Delta Episode
  • 373px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Zinnia.png
    Delta Episode

During the Delta Episode, I got the Team from Level 72 to Level 76. Occasionally, I would take a short break to balance out my Team so I had a bit of strength. This meant battling all of the trainers on the mainland of Hoenn. Eventually, I captured Rayquaza (Level 70), which I named Team Sky. I used Rayquaza to go for Deoxys (Level 80), which took quite a bit to catch, and I named it Meteonite.

I liked the Delta Episode! I know I said that the Delta Episode would be the last episode of the Nuzlocke, but there are 2 more Logs. In the next Log, we will follow Wally to the Battle Resort. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #41-Battle Resort
  • 89px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Wally.png
    Battle Resort
    I collected a Chikorita (Level 5), got my Team to Level 80, then followed Wally to the Battle Resort. Here I got the Mega Stone for Camerupt and helped Looker with his Amnesia. Once I explored the whole island, I decided to take on the Elite Four. In the final (and I mean it) Log, we will take on the Elite Four.

Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #42-Hoenn Elite Four Redone
  • Hoenn Elite Four.jpg
    Hoenn Elite Four
    In the Hoenn Elite Four Rematch, the Levels were between Level 71 & Level 75, and each one had a varied Team that had a few Pokemon from different Regions as well as Mega Evolution. Sidney had Absol, Phoebe had Sableye, Glacia had Glalie, & Drake had Salamence. It was super challenging, but I managed to beat them all again.

Steven
    Steven had dropped Cradily for Carbink, but it was not too difficult overall. My Team was Level 82-83.

Back Home

Back home, I got Oshawott (Level 5) from saving Professor Birch, and it was the last Pokemon I collected in this run. We have officially beat the Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke with only 3 Deaths!

We will set up the next Playthrough soon. Until then, we will see you!

Back
    Top Bottom