• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Megathread

Log#EoT6-Gold Rank
  • 600px-0040Wigglytuff.png
    Now, we have achieved Gold Rank (at least 1600 pts). It's halfway to Diamond Rank (3200 Pts.) Once my Team is at Least Level 17, we will go off to Waterfall Cave.
    Marowak_Dojo_TDS.png
    Marowak Dojo
    The Marowak Dojo is very challenging. Much more so than the Makuhita Dojo of the previous game. I managed to defeat the Grass Dungeon, though some of the others still elude me. I will be training until my Team is Level 17.

Until the next time, we will see you!

Log#EoT7-Waterfall Cave
  • 0324Torkoal.png
    Waterfall Cave
    Before I went to Waterfall Cave, here was my Team:
    Chimchar (Level 17)
    Mudkip (Level 17)
    Starly (Level 16)
    Machop (Level 13)

We went through the cave, all 8 Levels, and it wasn't too hard to get through there. We got Grimer as part of the Team, at least the reserve ones. Getting to the end of the cave, Mudkip and I found a giant gemstone. Eventually, we triggered a memory of Wigglytuff who found their way past the waterfall.

The gemstone triggered a stream of water which flooded us to a hot spring, which was headed by a Torkoal. As we came back home to the Guild, Team Skull (a team of a Skuntank, Zubat, and Koffing), showed up and tried to take jobs at the guild. Skuntank smelled really bad!

At this point, we could do work with the Outlaw Board.

In the next Log, we will do some Outlaw experience. Until then, we will see you!

Log#EoT8-Living With Criminals
  • 0462Magnezone.png
    We started doing the Outlaw Board, which we didn't have access to before. Team Skull is still living in the Guild. We were tasked with getting some of Wigglytuff's perfect Apples. This location is at Apple Woods. Unfortunately, Team Skull met us there, and, even though we got there all the way to the tree, Team Skull took all of the apples, then framed us for it and left us to fail.

We did not fail. Those cheaters beat us up, stole the apples, and the guild punished us. Our friends in the Guild helped us get dinner after Chatot and Wigglytuff denied us food.

Can I just go on a tangent about Apple Woods? I didn't know that apparently, in this game, status effects CAN STACK. I was fighting this one Butterfree, and it simultaneously used Sleep Powder, Poison Powder, Stun Powder, and Poison Powder again. That was CRAZY!

Due to the scam of Team Skull, we are not going to be taken to the "big expedition of the Guild". I hope we will be able to eventually turn the tables on Team Skull.

Log#EoT9-Setup for the Big Expedition
  • 600px-0040Wigglytuff.png
    After doing a few Outlaw missions and otherwise, we were told who would have be invited to the Guild-wide expedition. To our surprise, the whole expedition was included, including us.

Wigglytuff_Guild_members.png

We are not going to go on the expedition until we are Gold Rank. We did end up with a larger item bag, and have done some resource management and more sentry duty. I think I am getting better at the sentry duty. Identifying those footprints is pretty difficult.

In the next Log, we will post the Gold Rank. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log#EoT10-The Big Expedition
  • Wigglytuff_Guild_members.png
    Ok, so I know I said I wouldn't be moving forward until I got to Gold Rank, but the game basically forced me to move onward before the Rank upgrade, so here we go!

The Big Expedition
    This part of the game sent me through Side Path, Craggy Coast, Rock Path, Mt. Horn, Forest Path, Foggy Forest, & Steam Cave in pursuit of Fogbound Lake. Our other Team members weren't allowed to travel with us, so Bidoof (Level 14) went with us instead. In this entire experience, we got from Level 18 to Level 22. Bidoof was a bit helpful here, but we were largely on our own.

Steam Cave
    At the end of Steam Cave, we ran into Groudon (Level 30) after awakening it from its slumber due to a Drought Orb. After we defeated it, it was found that Groudon was fake, an illusion caused by Uxie to protect the lake. In the end, we earned the friendship of Uxie and finished the expedition.

In other news, we found out that Wigglytuff beat up Team Skull. I guess Wigglytuff is strong after all. Hooray! We also got a pack increase, so that is good. We also started being able to collect Chests in our journey, which Xatu can unlock at his shop.

Hopefully, I will be able to take on some more outlaws for a bit. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log#EoT11-Another Time Gear Missing & Getting An Egg
  • Time_Gear.png
    Another Time Gear has gone missing, bringing the total missing to 3. We went to the Kecleon shop to see if they will sell Perfect Apples. When that fails, we go back to hunting down outlaws. During one of these occasions, we find ourselves with an egg.

Eggs
    Not sure how eggs work in this game. I do know that Chansey has opened up a shop to hatch it. Not sure when it will hatch, but I hope they will be useful in the future.

Marill and Azurill
    These two brothers have returned. This time, they are looking for a Water Float, a rare item. Team Skull has taken it to Amp Plains, but I don't think we are ready for that, since the boss is Level 33. If we can continue to train at Marowak Dojo and taking on more Outlaws, we should be fine, but it will be a while if the game will let me do what I feel I need to.

Log#EoT12-A Discussion About Eggs
  • 600px-0090Shellder.png
    Our first egg hatched, becoming a Shellder. When it hatched, it was out at Level 1. We are not going to do anything with it, since we have our Team of 4.

Our Team
    Chimchar (Level 24)
    Mudkip (Level 24)
    Starly (Level 20)
    Machop (Level 18)
    799px-SugimoriEggs.png
    Shortly thereafter, we got another Egg. Don't know what it is yet, but we should find out soon. Right now, the plan is to continue going after Outlaws until we complete the following goals:
    • Gold Rank (We are within striking distance!)
    • Any future Ranks
    • Chimchar (Level 41)
    • Mudkip (Level 42)
    • Starly (Level 37)
    • Machop (Level 37)
    • Clear out as much of the Marowak Dojo as possible. That place has still bested me for the most part, mainly because we are not able to equip items to Pokemon. I have beaten the Grass challenge, but no others yet.

The next Log will be Gold Rank, so we will see you then. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log#EoT13-Apparently Diamond Rank
  • 0167Spinarak.png
    Ok, so first of all, I thought I was going through Gold Rank, but at the latest rank update, I found myself at Diamond Rank (at least 3200 Pts). I guess I was just blowing and going. Beating Outlaws gives a lot of experience and points.

My most recent egg was a Spinarak, and I have another egg in development. Going after the outlaws that Police chief Magnezone wants to hunt down gives some very interesting rewards, and each one of those gives between 50 and 100 points for the rank.

The next Rank update should be Super Rank (at least 6,000 pts.) Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log#EoT14-Amp Plains
  • Before I get started, I want to wish you a happy new year! Thanks for the 1,000 views. It means a lot!

We took some time to get ready for this fight, including hatching some eggs. Taking on Amp Plains was very difficult. It actually took us two tries to get it done. We tried to take this on at Level 27, There are 8 Luxio and 1 Luxray, and, in many ways, there are two options to take this on. You can focus on the Luxio or the Luxray. I decided to focus on the Luxray.

First Attempt (Level 27)
    We got to the Kangaskhan statue relatively easily, leaving us to be pretty sure we could take this on. We got down to the point where there were only 2 Luxio left before we got beaten, disappointing and frustrating me. I felt I would not take this on until I got the first Super Rank, which we did at Level 30.

Second Attempt (Level 30)

This time, we were able to clear the challenge, though we were nervous if we could actually defeat the Amp Plains tribe. Turns out, we did, though just barely. We got the Water Float back.
    253Grovyle_PMD_Explorers.png
    After we beat the tribes, Grovyle steals another time gear. The guild wants to hunt down Grovyle, but we are tasked with going to The Northern Desert. Grovyle is Level 44, and we are nowhere near that level. We are going to be training for a bit before we go to the Northern Desert.

Log#EoT15-Ultra Rank & The Northern Desert
  • Northern_Desert_exit_TD.png
    At Level 34, we reached Ultra Rank (at least 10,000 Pts.), and I felt that we were ready to take on the Northern Desert. Floors 6, 10, and 11 have Sandstorm weather, meaning you lose 3 HP for every step you take. By Floor 15, we were exhausted, and I almost ended up getting wiped because of a lack of preparedness and a bunch of monsters being able to manage my attacks. Larvitar, Sandshrew, and Cubone were the toughest fighters here.

We were sent there to find Time Gears, but we came up short, though we are now thinking about going back there to see what lies beneath the quicksand.

Apparently the boss Mespirit is Level 42, and I don't think we are ready for that fight at all. I think I want to train a bit before we take this next part on.

Log #EoT16-Quicksand Cave & Marowak Dojo
    At Level 36, we tried to do Quicksand Cave, and we actually got to Quicksand Pit (the interior 10 Floors) but between Sandslash and the Tyranitars, we couldn't beat it. Going to try again at Level 42, though I might go again at Level 55, mainly because the idea of having Tyranitars in there kinda scares me.

My Team is currently Level 37-38.
    Marowak_Dojo_TDS.png
    With that loss, we decided to do a few Marowak Dojo dungeons. We only have the Rock/Water, Fighting/Psychic, & the Ghost Maze left. I am going to do those once I feel that my levels are high enough, probably as a sign that we are ready to try again with Quicksand Cave.

The next Log will either be:
    A. The Hyper Rank or
    B. Marowak Dojo Dungeons or
    C. Quicksand Cave retry

Log #EoT17-Quicksand Cave Retry & Hyper Rank
    At Level 40, after a failed mission with one of the Outlaws, I decided to try to take on Quicksand Cave again. This time, I remembered to bring some Reviver Seeds, just in case. I managed to get to Mespirit (Level 42), and right before then, I got to Level 41.

Battling Mespirit was not too hard of a fight, surprisingly. I just kept firing off my newly learned Flamethrower. Combined with Mudkip, Starly, and Machop, we managed to defeat it, getting access to the next time gear.

Grovyle managed to just sweep us aside and take it from Mespirit, giving his total to 4. I also ended up having a vision of Grovyle attacking Azelf at Crystal Cave/Crystal Crossing. I want to do a few more levels until I go there, especially since we will be going to the future soon afterwards, so now is the time to grind.

I want to get between Levels 55 & 60 before I move on, since it's going to be a quick slide from here to Temporal Tower.
    Wigglytuff_Guild_members.png
    My Rank is now Hyper Rank! Just one more Rank to go, and it requires a massive total to achieve.

In the next Log, we will talk about the plan for the rest of the Playthrough, so please stay tuned. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #EoT18-The Future of the Playthrough
  • 253Grovyle_PMD_Explorers.png
    So, the purpose of this post is to discuss the next few Dungeons in the game and set up, since it won't be too long before we end up in the future and fighting Primal Dialga. That's right, we are close to the end game of the Main Story.

1. Crystal Cave/Crystal Crossing/Crystal Lake
    Boss: Grovyle (Level 44)

2. Chasm Cave
    3. Dark Hill
    4. Sealed Ruin
    Boss: Spititomb (Level 37)

5. Dusk Forest/Deep Dusk Forest
    6. Treeshroud Forest
    7. Brine Cave
    Boss: Kabutops & Omastar (Level 42-Kabutops, Level 35-Omastar)

8. Hidden Land
    Boss: Dusknoir (Level 45)

9. Temporal Tower
    Boss: Primal Dialga (Level 48)

End of Main Story

Log #EoT19-Marowak Dojo Completed
  • Marowak_Dojo_TDS.png
    At Level 44, I decided to finish the last Marowak Dojo challenge, the Ghost Maze. This one was the most difficult one, because the only Pokemon you could attack was Misdreavus. You had to draw the ghost out away from the wall to be able to attack them. Eventually, I got to the end, completing the dojos.

Right now, I am still training to Level 55. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #EoT20-Crystal Cave
  • 0076Golem.png
    Crystal Cave
    At Level 45, I wanted to try Crystal Cave. I tried to do this cave minimalist, because I didn't want to lose too many items and I wanted to see if I could get to the battle with Grovyle easily. However, on Level 8 of 11 of the dungeon, I fell to a Golem. It made me a bit frustrated, but losing couldn't be helped.
    253Grovyle_PMD_Explorers.png
    Between Levels 46 & 47, I decided to try again. I made sure to have quite a few revive seeds and items to keep myself alive. Eventually, I reached Grovyle, and though it was a hard fight, we defeated him. In desperation, he beat us with a finishing move. Dusknoir went to battle Grovyle, and defeated him, forcing him to escape once again.

In the long cutscene that followed, we found out that Grovyle and Dusknoir were both from the future, a future where the Time Gears were all stolen and time was frozen.

It was crazy to me that the entire Guild managed to get through Crystal Cave. I don't know how. Yes, I understand Plot Armor, but considering I am level 47 at this point, what Level would the Guild have to be to make the trip?

Now, we are going to go back to doing more regular jobs. My goal is still Level 55, so I will be working to get there before the next Log. In the next Log, we will take on Chasm Cave, Dark Hill & Sealed Ruin, off to take on Spiritomb. Until the next time, we will see you!

Thanks to the viewership for 2,000 Views. Let's keep the ball rolling.

Log #EoT21-In The Future
  • 0442Spiritomb.png
    Well, we took on another mission, then the game decided to push the story forward. After a bit of cutscene where Dusknoir captured Grovyle, and before we knew it, we were in the Future. Luckily for us, we were able to access and store away goods. Having no real choice, Mudkip and I traveled through Chasm Cave, Dark Hill, and Sealed Ruin with Grovyle, taking on Spiritomb in the process. It wasn't that hard of a fight, considering we were Level 49, and it was Level 37.
    320px-Shiny_Celebi_anime.png
    In Dusk Forest/Deep Dark Forest, we met and traveled with Celebi. Celebi is also on the run from Primal Dialga and Dusknoir. Celebi worked to get us back to our own time at great personal risk to itself. Thank you Celebi!
    600px-0319Sharpedo.png
    Once we got back, back to the past, it turned out that Grovyle and I were partners in the future. Mudkip helped us move into Shapedo Bluff, where it lived before it met me.

Grovyle, Mudkip, and I decided to hunt down the Time Gears, since once the Time Gears went to Temporal Tower, all stopped time would resume. Grovyle wasn't bad after all.

In the next Log, we will take on Treeshroud Forest & Brine Cave. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #EoT22-Catching Up
  • 253Grovyle_PMD_Explorers.png
    Treeshroud Forest
    On this Dungeon, we traveled with Grovyle. I made sure to have Reviver Seeds, since Grovyle is significantly lower level. It took a bit to get through, but we managed to do so. Grovyle suggested that we go try to find The Hidden Land where Dialga is. It was suggested that we go see Torkoal for more information.
    0324Torkoal.png
    Waterfall Cave Hot Spring
    We met with Torkoal who we interrogated about the Hidden Land. Torkoal couldn't tell much, even after it came to the Guild. Afterward, we did some missions, then we went through a whole thing between Chatot and Wigglytuff, talking about the past. They had encountered a Kabutops and Omastar gang with hurt Chatot. Wigglytuff left to handle an issue, while Chatot would lead the guild to Brine Cave.
    LaprasPMDSkyIntro.png
    Lapras
    Wigglytuff went to talk to Lapras about the Hidden Land and asking for help. Lapras would help later. We can use Lapras to travel there whenever we are ready.
    Brine_Cave_Ceiling_Kabutops.png
    Brine Cave
    It took us a bit to get there, since we had to protect Chatot, but eventually, we got to the boss fight, which was 2 Omastar (Level 35) and a Kabutops (Level 42). This fight was Very Tough! It was easy to dispatch the Omastar, but Kabutops was hard to beat, and a few lucky missing hits allowed us to beat them. Mukip's Relic Fragment was a message from Dialga. The one who is meant to find the fragment could go to the Hidden Land. Lapras will ferry us back and forth as needed.
    Primal_Dialga_art.png
    Primal Dialga
    We will not take on Temporal Tower until we are Level 60. Right now, we are Level 51, so it will take a while to get to the next Log.

In the next Log, we will take on Primal Dialga and finish the story. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #EoT23-Endgame
  • 0352Kecleon.png
    Issues With A Kecleon
    As I was going through one of the Dungeons, I ran into an item I wanted. Because I thought I could drop an item at the shop and then could back out of a false buy, I tried, and Kecleon killed me, and I lost a bunch of items, including specific items for Chimchar and Mudkip, leaving me stunned. At this point, I decided to just work to finish the game.

Lesson learned how the shops work.
    798px-477Dusknoir_PMD_Explorers.png
    Dusknoir
    I filled my bag with many Reviver Seeds, Big Apples, Oran Berries, and Sleep Seeds. It took me a bit to get through the Hidden Land. I was at Level 55 at this point when we had the fight. I eventually got to Dusknoir and his Sableye (Level 48), but the two of us managed to beat them. Grovyle too Dusknoir back to the future, leaving us open to take on Primal Dialga.
    Primal_Dialga_art.png
    Primal Dialga (Level 48)
    In Temporal Tower, it took a bit to get there, but we did. It was cool to be able to use the Sleep Seeds to beat down Dialga. Eventually we beat it, allowing us to beat the game. Woohoo!

In the last Log, we are going to put the list of the Bosses and compare it with our team. I want the list so in the next game, we will have a reference point. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #EoD1-Starting the Game
  • 0387Turtwig.png

0158Totodile.png
    Starting the Game
    Now, we are playing Explorers of Darkness. I am Turtwig, my Partner is Totodile, and our Team is Team Malachite. Malachite is a shade of Blue-Green. We played through to the point where we were tasked with hunting down Drowzee. This Team is going to be tough to work with. Turtwig is slow and right now easily beatable, while Totodile is not actually helpful right now, mostly staying behind and not helping to attack. This means that probably I will have to do even some more grinding this time then the last game probably.
    Drowzee_wanted_poster_TDS.png
    Hunting Down Drowzee
    When I was forced to take on Drowzee, I was only able to get up to Floor 5, whereas the last time I was able to get up to Floor 8 before I fell the first time. Right Now, I am Level 8. My plan is to get to At Least Level 13 so I can have Razor Leaf and Totodile can have Bite. Turtwig is going to have to focus on having HP healing moves though most of the game. I think we will get to Silver or more likely Gold Rank before we take on Drowzee officially.

Current Rank: Bronze (100 Pts.)
    Planned Ranks: Silver (400 Pts.) or Gold (1600 Pts.)

In the next Log, we will take on Drowzee. Until the next time, we will see you!

Back
    Top Bottom