• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's going on in this picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimanrules

Reaction score
(Apparently I created an account here back in 2007. Cool.)

Just noticed this while playing. Sorry about the crappy cell phone picture, but I don't have my real camera with me.

http://img.imgcake.com/nasepyqesa.jpg

If you look closely, you can see that part of Pidgeotto's wing is sticking through the counter, while part of it is "under" it. I know that buildings are actually 3D (even though they don't look like it), but doesn't this seem to imply that overworld sprites at least have a depth map of something? And I know it's not the counter's doing, because part of Gold's head is above the counter in the same place Pideotto is below it.

All in all, I'm really confused. Anyone have an explanation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom