• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY015: Harimaron VS Mafoxy! A Diet Battle!?

This was a nice Chespin and Clemont centred episode. The early appearance of Delphox is really weird, but with Mystical Fire not being used it means they're probably saving it for when the species appears again later. I liked the battle and how the battle really helped out in making Chespin exercise and lose the fat, and showing Overgrow to show how strong Chespin can really be was cool too. I'm a fan of the idea that both Chespin and Clemont will really grow together throughout their journey with what Chespin's knight status in his evolution line represents, and I think this was a good episode is making their bond closer to better understand each other.

The episode started with Serena not wanting to camp out, then ended with her wanting to camp out. Okay, but why? Between those events, she enjoyed Clement's cooking and had fun with Bonnie, but these were never used as an explanation for her change of heart, nor was there any particular scene where she was thinking "you know what, this isn't too bad". It's a small thing, but, as I've explained above, it's the small things that come together to make an overall better package.

I don't know how it could be gripe-worthy, it seemed really natural to me, and I think it helps a bit with her main character development and it's pretty consistent too. As previous episodes have shown, she's afraid of trying out new things, but once she tries them out she sees the fun in them through understanding them. After camping out for one night and having fun with Bonnie, it was only natural for her to want to camp again. There's no real need for her to say to everyone or get a scene where she's thinking how wrong she was to be afraid about camping, it's pretty evident she thought she was wrong after wanting to camp out again so eagerly. It was fun, and it helped get her some last minute focus which helped to make for a satisfying ending to the episode.

Almost forgetting to leave a quick review - it wasn't exactly what I was expecting, longer battle - Delphox using more fire and psychic attacks winning the battle - kind of disappointed that battle was called off of the elder guy having back problems. Delphox was awesome to see in the anime, great facial expressions.

It was funny to watch an overweight Chespin trying to battle. Felt kind of bad for him after a while.

I don't mind watching this episode again - had it's great moments, but part of the episode was kind of disappointing and others boring, probably for me it be between 6 and 7 out of 10. Just wished Delphox was shown more in the episode.

I love how Ckmont Chespin the opposite of what i thoughtof when I first saw images ofit before the anime came out, it is like a mix of oshawott and dawns mamowine, big appetite and big power. Also i like how Ashs froakie suits him so well and chespin is o different than Clemont. The old prospector dude was really interesting to watch and the fatc that chespin could slp it around really makes me wonder how well he traine it. Still i love the sisterly bonding between Serena and Bonnie makes me miss my big sis but cant help but think that there is going to be a proposal to Serena before the seriesis complete. I realy liked clemonts machine and kinda wish i could make stuff like that myself. I was, however, a little dispointed when I learned that clemont makes the food, too much like his predessors brock and cilan. It i nice to see Clemont devoted to four things his pokemon, his friends, his family and science, instead of too many different things like cilan, and too little like brock. Also nice that he does not go fall in love with every girl he meets. Finally i agree with so many people glad ea, rocket were not in this episode it would have taken away from chespin staying loyal to Clemont and the episode as a whole.

Mafoxy is and looks amazing. Its facial expressions are gorgeous, like Serena's Fokko's are. Seems like the whole evolutionary line is very expressive. Can't wait to see Teruna in the anime. Also, I am so glad Mafoxy didn't lose to Citron's Harimaron and a bit disappointed we didn't get to see its signature move. I loved its trainer too, that old man is kinda funny. So, Ithink the episode was pretty nice, although it made me start disliking Harimaron a bit. It was just so annoying stealing the macarons and eating all by itself.

I can't believe my prediction is right! Now we can assume Clemont raises Bonnie on his own. Boy can he cook! Makes since because Bonnie has to eat and so does Clemont. This ties with his motherly side (cooking, cleaning, raising the family). Where's his apron? Clemont's not a waiter, nice try. He may be like Brock and wear it on occasion. He loves cooking! Yes it is! Okay why is Bonnie acting like this is the first time eating her big brother's food when she might have been eating it for a few years (however long ago the mother left the family)? Clemont and Serena are doing the task together. Clemont's been up all night! I'm surprised he's not showing the signs of lack of sleep (it's only one night so the first signs of sleep deprivation), such as drowsiness, droopy eyes, and being grumpy he's not even slowing down or falling asleep. He needs at least eight hours of sleep so Clemont looks like he was recovered the next episode.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom