• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Voice Actors Discussion (READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING)

What do you think about the new voices?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only person on the face of the planet to perfer NewAsh over VeronicaAsh?

*is flamed like a Chikorita fighting a Cyndaquil*

I like NewAsh better too. VeronicaAsh was kind of scratchy. I had no idea they were changing the voices when I watched it. :bawling: I was all scared/shocked.

Wow, VeronicaAsh? I didn't even realize I typed that. XD Maybe we should start uses terms like EricBrock, EricJames, MaddieMeowth, VeronicaMay... or maybe not. :p

*high fives flyinglilypad* Support out new voice actors, y'all!

So, can we use this thread for speculation/desires? Because I really hope they fix Butch's voice. His original dub voice was horrible! I liked the frightened voice I heard from him when I was watching raws. He's so cute, in a puppy-like way... XP

personally I still don't like SarahAsh ;p she needs a lot more practice!

Ok, Lil Brother, how about......Tracy!!! I heard 4Kids made him a total wuss, so I hope his voice is better....eh? Ash's Mom! I hope it sounds like VeronicaMom. Hm... Giovani keep as is....please!

And Gary!! Oh wait his original Va is still around o_O who knew ^^o

Ted Lewis won't be involved, he's still with 4Kids.

And I don't know o_0, I think it was his voice though. Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: oh I think you got confused Habunake, I didn't mean for Giovani to keep his original Va, I was saying for him to sound the same, unlike Butch who might get a makeover ^^. Remember were only speculating, as Lil Brother said =p

Last edited:
Ted Lewis won't be involved, he's still with 4Kids.

And I don't know o_0, I think it was his voice though. Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: oh I think you got confused Habunake, I didn't mean for Giovani to keep his original Va, I was saying for him to sound the same, unlike Butch who might get a makeover ^^. Remember were only speculating, as Lil Brother said =p

Ted Lewis is not with 4 Kids anymore, to my knowledge anyway, nor Andrew Rannells.

Hey guys I have an idea,how about insted of pointless arguing with each other we tell PUSA what really matters? If we work together and tell PUSA that both sets of V.As are importent, then maybe everything will work out. If all of us work together,then everyone of the V.As could get to work on Pokemon. Not only that, if everyone gets a job then there won't be anymore Old V.A v.s New V.A,pointless fights etc...The Pokemon fandom would be back to normal if this happened!
I mean come on all of us are sivilized(sp.) human beings. We can work together to make a difference! Remember "United We Stand, Divided We Fall"

Um wasn't that the point of SAOVA? (Save all our voice actors) ya didn't do anything than, I doubt anything now. Not to be mean, but people have just gottan tired with the Va situation that nobody cares.

It would be nice if this were to occur, but the odds are against it.

I think it's pretty clear that the old voice actors won't be returning to the series and justifiably so (at least that's my opinion). I think it's best to just move on.

Unless, and let me repeat myself:

Still, if some want to continue campaigning for the original VAs, maybe I can issue a challenge.

Ok! Consider all the factors involved in the VA change. Things such as:

1. How it happened in the first place
2. Where the fans are on this issue, both online and elsewhere
3. Public statements made by Pokemon USA, the old VAs and the new ones
4. Ratings on Cartoon Network
5. and how the business world works

Then come up with a plausible scenario where you see the original VAs returning to the show. If you can do that, then I think it's fair to admit that they still have a chance.

Otherwise, there's really no point in continuing to campaign for the old VAs. Since we're prtty much set for the new VAs (or some variation of them) for the rest of the series, the best we can do is discuss ways they can improve. After all, this thread is for discussing the new VAs.

From my angle, the new VA that really needs significant improvement at this point is Sarah Natochenny. Now I know that people are saying she needs to be fire and replaced with someone else. Problem is, they can't fire her at this point. They already replaced the VA for Ash twice, which is more than they've changed for any other character. They just can't keep changing the VAs over and over again. Sarah just really needs to pull her weight around; especially since she voices the main character (though I've always considered Pikachu the main character; hence the series title Pokemon.) I do think she's progressed a little in the dozen episodes she's been in, though it's not nearly enough. Let's face it. Unless extraordinary circumstances arise, these VAs are here to stay.

Sorry, but I disagree with you. I really see the only improvement for Ash, and that's recast Sarah Natochenny as soon as possible. I challenge everyone here who dislike Sarah's Ash to wrote PUSA and tell them to recast her. We have the power to do that, we just need will to do it. Save Our Ash.
No, it's not provocation. I mean this seriously.

I think I'll add my thoughts to this issue.

Looking back, if I were posting here in March, I'd probably have said that it's better to keep the same voice actors around than to replace them with an all new cast. Afterall, viewers including myself would be unfamiliar with the new VAs because they would foreign to the series. Even if they were better than the original cast, they would still be considered weak compared to the original cast just because they aren't the same VAs that worked on the show for the past eight years.

Agreed. I think what people are mostly complaining about is that the voices are different. Some are complaining about the quality of the voices, but most just don't like they are different.

However, what's done is done. I've done extensive research ever since I found out about the VA change and have listened very thoroughly to arguments presented by both sides of this issue. I think I have enough information to give an informed opinion and knowing all I know now, I'm convinced that Pokemon USA was more than justified in finding new voice actors to fill the void. Furthermore, I believe they were also justified in putting the VA issue behind them and pushing ahead with the new season of Pokemon. Since July, I haven't really heard anything about what went on behind the scenes. I we've gotten for the past three months are the same back and forth arguments given by the same people over and over and over again and I gotta say, these arguments become less compelling every time I hear them. I new information comes along, I'll factor that in but until then, my opinion stands and their's really no reason to discuss what happened behind the scenes.

We haven't gotten any credible evidence other than what's been publicly announce by 4Kids and PUSA. And that evidence hasn't said anything about why the VAs were changed.

What we have gotten are posts from some the VAs. If we accept the posts aren't self-serving, then at best, we've gotten just one side of the argument.

However, Jimmy Zoppi has contradicted what Maddie has said about not being contacted by PUSA to work there.

It's a clear case of he said/she said and most SOVA supporters are choosing Maddie. Is it because Maddie is the bigger name and makes a lot of posts? I don't know.

Personally, I need indisputable proof. I agree that people repeating the same arguments, probably without considering their validity, is tiring.

As far as the new voices themselves, they're not that bad. All around, they're only slightly less good than the orininals. When other elements of the show such as music and paint edits are taken into account, it more than makes up for the slack in the VA area. It's enough that Battle Frontier is at least better than the previous two seasons.

I think it's PUSA's good fortune that the VA changeover took place during Battle Frontier. The stories are much better. There is much to distract the viewer.

Can you imagine what would have happened if the VAs were changed during Johto?

As far as the old VAs coming back; it ain't gonna happen. I know I'll get a few responses saying "I'm not giving up" but it's pretty much dead in the water. There's just too many variables that make it clear. It's all about reality.

Said that. Many times.

Still, if some want to continue campaigning for the original VAs, maybe I can issue a challenge.

Ok! Consider all the factors involved in the VA change. Things such as:

1. How it happened in the first place
2. Where the fans are on this issue, both online and elsewhere
3. Public statements made by Pokemon USA, the old VAs and the new ones
4. Ratings on Cartoon Network
5. and how the business world works

Then come up with a plausible scenario where you see the original VAs returning to the show. If you can do that, then I think it's fair to admit that they still have a chance.

I've touched on all of those points in my criticism of SOVA. I've even said SOVA is a lost cause.

However, I will take up your challenge. Or rather I should say, I'll encourage SOVA to consider the following idea: Concentrate all your resources to encourage Veronica Taylor to jump ship to PUSA/TAJ. Unlike Maddie, she hasn't said she would never work elsewhere. Also, of all the characters in PUSA's production, Ash seems to be the least liked. Ash's VA has already been replaced once by TAJ. Don't you think TAJ would jump at the chance of hiring Veronica if she said she was available?

If Veronica jumps ship, the rest will follow.

If PUSA did recast Ash it might as well be for Veronica Taylor. The question is whether they would actually get rid of Sarah Natochenny.

If PUSA did recast Ash it might as well be for Veronica Taylor. The question is whether they would actually get rid of Sarah Natochenny.

Which they won't. Sarah did a great job in both the Lucy episode and the Orienteering one, there's no reason to replace her.

Hikari will probably be played by Michelle Knotz, she does all the females in the show. (she did Misty/May/Jesie)

Am I the only one here who likes all the new voice actors?
huhwk4.gif

And no, I didn't hotlink that smiley from Pokemopolis. I hosted it myself. Hotlinking is bad.

I really see the only improvement for Ash, and that's recast Sarah Natochenny as soon as possible. I challenge everyone here who dislike Sarah's Ash to wrote PUSA and tell them to recast her. We have the power to do that, we just need will to do it. Save Our Ash.
No, it's not provocation. I mean this seriously.
I completely agree with you, peno.

I'm with you all the way on this idea.

And personally, I HATE Sarah's Ash voice. It's just as terrible if not worse than the original Mastermind Ash voice. What's worse is the fact that, in my opinion, her Ash voice hasn't improved one bit. It sounds the same with every line that Sarah says, and that's NOT how Ash should sound. Veronica's Ash sounded differently depending on what situation was going on in an episode, but this new Ash voice doesn't. I hate that. It take away from Ash's character and ruins his personality.

Also, I hate the fact that Sarah, for whatever reason, cannot do Ash's lingo/accent. You know how Ash always drops g's from certain words, such as training, walking? Well, Veronica's Ash did that in such a way that you really couldn't tell, and it WORKED! It was awesome!

But, with Sarah's Ash, you can tell. And it sounds bad, I tell you, very bad. I'm not sure why, but Ash's accent doesn't sound good at all, not with Sarah doing his voice.

Anyway, I just don't see any way that Sarah could improve at all. I mean, if she can't even do Ash's regular voice, then how the hell will she be able to do Ash when he's happy, sad, or angry?

And here's a really good question for you guys, how in the WORLD is Sarah gonna be able to perform Possessed/Evil Ash from AG 177? Seriously, have you guys even thought about that episode?

It's gonna be dubbed eventually, and when it comes time for them to dub it, they'll need someone to do Ash's voice for when he's possessed by that evil king guy (whatever his name was).

In my opinion, I don't think Sarah will EVER be able to do that, especially if she can't get Ash's normal speaking voice right, let alone getting his battle commands right, or his feelings/emotions right.

There's just no way someone like Sarah Natochenny can perform Ash for that episode, when she can't even get his character right in general. I'm sorry, but in my opinion, she isn't right for Ash. They need to either hire someone else to do his voice, or just get back Veronica Taylor (which would be BEST, in my opinon).

I'd bet anyone a million dollars that Veronica could do an evil/possessed Ash voice. In fact, she could do that easily.

But, Sarah? There's no way. I'm sorry, but this emotion-less Ash voice that I've heard with nearly ever Battle Frontier episode so far won't cut it for regular Ash, and it definitely won't cut it for an evil/possessed Ash.

Otherwise, there's really no point in continuing to campaign for the old VAs. Since we're prtty much set for the new VAs (or some variation of them) for the rest of the series, the best we can do is discuss ways they can improve.
I don't care what anyone else says, I'm still going to continue on with the SOVA campaign.

You can tell me that it's a lost cause, or that it isn't going to work. And you can say that stuff as much as you want

But even if you do, that's not going to stop me from working as hard as I can on SOVA. I'm already dedicated to this cause, and I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure our campaign succeeds.

I do think she's progressed a little in the dozen episodes she's been in, though it's not nearly enough.
Exactly.

Even if Sarah has improved (like many of you think), it's still not enough for Ash, and it's not enough for the main character of the show.

If she wants to do Ash's voice, and do a GREAT job with it, then she needs much more practice. Because this emotion-less Ash voice just isn't cutting it for me. And from what I've heard, it's also not cutting it for many people.

Sarah did a great job in both the Lucy episode and the Orienteering one, there's no reason to replace her.
What!?

Are you serious, Scott85!?

There's no way Sarah could just, all of a sudden, do these two episodes great. And by that, I mean, do Ash's voice really good in these episodes.

I'm sorry, but I can't take your word for it. I'm gonna have to see these 2 episodes myself, in order to know how much better/worse Sarah sounds.

And by the way, could someone do me a HUGE favor, and give me a link to where I could download/watch these 2 episodes? Please? I have to see them, cause it's the only way I'll know whether Sarah has improved yet, or not at all (however, I'm gonna guess and say that she still hasn't improved, but cause it's Pokemon I STILL want to see these episodes anyway, just for Pokemon's sake).

Or rather I should say, I'll encourage SOVA to consider the following idea: Concentrate all your resources to encourage Veronica Taylor to jump ship to PUSA/TAJ. Unlike Maddie, she hasn't said she would never work elsewhere. Also, of all the characters in PUSA's production, Ash seems to be the least liked. Ash's VA has already been replaced once by TAJ. Don't you think TAJ would jump at the chance of hiring Veronica if she said she was available?

If Veronica jumps ship, the rest will follow.
Wow, that is a great idea, gadfly!! ^^

It seems very interesting.

And if that's what I have to do, then so be it.

It's up to me now.

I have close contacts with Veronica, and I always try to keep in touch with her. Also, I've been friends with her for the longest time, and I know that if I sent her an email asking if she would work for TAJ, then she would definitely reply back to me.

More than anything, I just hope what she says would be positive. It would be the best thing that could possibly happen for me, for Veronica, the other VAs, the show, and for the fans.

Because the last thing I need to hear is that she won't work for TAJ, and she will just let Sarah completely ruin Ash, his character, his voice, and the show in general...... X_X

(And let me tell you, I cannot see Veronica saying that. When she finds out that Ash sounds as bad as he does, then she would most likely want to return to the show, to bring back the Ash we know and love.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom