• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Voice Actors Discussion (READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING)

What do you think about the new voices?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one here who likes all the new voice actors?

No you aren't; don't feel too alone.

I'll stand by what I say: I like the voice actors. And I LOVE Natochenny over Taylor. Natochenny actually sounds like a BOY who's getting OLDER. *w00t!* Granted, I admit she's not up to speed with expressing subtle emotions, but I love the voice itself and she is getting better. She's slowly settling.

And here's a really good question for you guys, how in the WORLD is Sarah gonna be able to perform Possessed/Evil Ash from AG 177? Seriously, have you guys even thought about that episode?

As far as I know. In the original version, Ash has a much more masculine voice when he was possessed in that episode. I can guarantee Sarah won't be doing his voice for that scene.

Yes, I've seen the Japanese version of this episode, and I know that Ash's voice is much lower/deeper (and thank god for that).

However, that wasn't just for a scene Jonouchi, Ash was evil like that for practically the whole episode......

Oh, okay.

That makes sense. XD

But, what if they try using the same person for the dub version?

I mean, knowing Pokemon USA, they'll probably think it's a good idea to use Sarah for the Evil Ash voice...... X_X

Oh, okay.

That makes sense. XD

I mean, knowing Pokemon USA, they'll probably think it's a good idea to use Sarah for the Evil Ash voice...... X_X
What was that about always being optomistic and not hoping for the worse? :p

The fun thing about this is that due to this comment, Evil Ash may have a different VA than Good Ash due to the PUSA people browing the forums.. I hope he does too, I can't see Sarah nailing down the "I AM EVIL AND HAVE SMOKED SINCE EALRY CHILDHOOD BWHAHAHA!" voice.

I wouln't call Evil Ash's voice masculine as much as... deep as the ocean, Jonouchi. :p

Oh, okay.

That makes sense. XD

Considering that the Ash and the possessed him have different VA's in the japanese version, it'll probably be someone else.

Alright, I may have only registered here recently, but I've been visiting these forums for the past several months. And something really bothered me when Jimmy Zoppi supposedly posted a message under the name of zoppi54. It's not just the fact that he didn't register, it's also the fact about how he signed his name. Here's the last part of the actual post;

Here are some final thoughts. I know this transition period has been hard for many fans. It has been equally hard for all the cast and crew. It has been particularly tough me but looking back, I am confident I made the right decision. I am glad I can continue to contribute to Pokemon and I believe that the dub will be just as good under new management as it was under 4Kids.

That’s all for now,
Jimmy Zoppi aka Matt Mitler signing off.

Well, since I read that post, I've been doing a little research. Here's what I discovered about "Jimmy Zoppi aka Matt Mitler."

They're not the same person.

Take a look at these pictures I found online;

Jimmy Zoppi;
tn_sa004.jpg

Matt Mitler (2 pictures);
images

images

I know this picture of Matt Mitler is the same guy whose the voice actor on Pokemon. There's an interview of him here; http://www.dennisdaigle.com/celebrity/mattmitler.htm

Clearly, these two are not the same person. By finding this out, I am convinced that the person under the username zoppi54 was not Jimmy Zoppi. I've also got other reasons. First of all, why would he admit that he works for TAJ Studios dubbing PUSA's version when he goes by a pseudonym in the credits? Secondly, why did he never return? If he really cared about the job he was doing, wouldn't he come back?

You can believe me or not, but you have to admit that this is really weird.

Just wanted to toss my two cents in.

Are you sure that isn't just some guy named Jimmy Zoppi also?

Hmm......

Well, I remember back when the incident first happened, someone on here (I forgot who it was) ran an IP check on the person claiming to be Jimmy Zoppi.

And apparently, they live somewhere in California or something...... O_O

Oh, well Zoppi lives in NY I believe (as do all the 4kids VA's, if I'm not mistaken)

Yes, all of them do live in New York. ^^

So then, I guess that means this person definitely isn't Jimmy Zoppi?

And I LOVE Natochenny over Taylor. Natochenny actually sounds like a BOY who's getting OLDER.
Why do people keep claiming that Taylor's Ash sounds like a girl? I have never heard a girl with a voice as deep as Ash's. Hell, from what I've heard of Natochenny's Ash, it's actually a little less deep than Taylor's Ash.

Why do people keep claiming that Taylor's Ash sounds like a girl? I have never heard a girl with a voice as deep as Ash's. Hell, from what I've heard of Natochenny's Ash, it's actually a little less deep than Taylor's Ash.

I don't think Taylor's Ash sounds like a girl, but he also still doesn't sound like he's hitting puberty, still cusping. And technically, he wouldn't be, but it's a pleasent change in pace. Natochenny's got a gruffer voice, and if I wasn't so tuned to Listen, I'd actually believe his new actor could be male.

That, and I never thought it was fairTaylor played both May and Ash (though at the same time, I never minded Brock-James or Misty-Jesse). It takes away from it a bit when you can sometimes hear one or the other where you shouldn't.

I don't think Taylor's Ash sounds like a girl, but he also still doesn't sound like he's hitting puberty, still cusping. And technically, he wouldn't be, but it's a pleasent change in pace. Natochenny's got a gruffer voice, and if I wasn't so tuned to Listen, I'd actually believe his new actor could be male.

And that's my main problem. If Sarah can put some more emotion, she can be good for Meowth:lol: But Ash is a preteen boy, and he couldn't sound like this. And lack of emotion in her acting don't help either.

Well, since I read that post, I've been doing a little research. Here's what I discovered about "Jimmy Zoppi aka Matt Mitler."

They're not the same person.

Good researching!

I think you're right... I don't think they are the same person. I'm almost certain that Jimmy Zoppi goes by Billy Beach and NOT Matt Milter. (Besides, signing your name "Jimmy Zoppi aka Matt Milter" would kind of defeat the purpose anyway.)

Another thing that I found odd was how he said that he had chosen his part. I have never heard of a voice actor doing that. They audition and then get cast in whatever part the voice director thinks fits. I've never before heard of a situation where the voice director said something like, "Meowth and James are the only ones still open, which one do you want to play?"

Last edited:
Are you sure that isn't just some guy named Jimmy Zoppi also?

No, that's the real Jimmy Zoppi. I found the picture on Google Images, and it's also on Bulbapedia. The website it directs to no longer exists, but it used to be a web site advertising an anime convention. Zoppi was one of the guests. Plus, what are the odds that there are two Jimmy Zoppis?

Alot actually, their are like 50 people with my name (and it's not a common name).

Anyway, I just don't see any way that Sarah could improve at all.

Oh, come on. That is completely unfair to Sarah.

Lisa, how would you feel if someone said that about you? "Oh, that Lisa. She's only been on the job for a few weeks, but she'll never improve. She's nowhere near as good as the person she replaced, who was with the company for nearly ten years." You're comparing apples to oranges. You're comparing an 18-year-old who's on her first VA job to a seasoned professional (Taylor) with 8+ years experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom