• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

A bit random, but I would like new Pokédex entries for the old Pokémon. Rewording the old information was never fun.

I'd love this too - give us a better chance to not only learn new things about them, but to reconnect with them on a new level, especially after them being more discluded in the most recent games. Also, would be especially good if Gen 6 followed more in suit with Gen 4 in terms of the anime - any episode that features an "old" Pokémon, they can take the episode to explore these new traits rather than rehashing old ideas. Not only that, even in game terms, it may open up opportunities for older Legendaries to have different roles, whether it be in main games or side games. For example, if new information comes out more directly tying one Legendary to another that wasn't previously linked, then it opens that out more for in-game development. I guess, a better example would be, like if Gen 6 introduced a new Legendary that was related to an older one, giving the old and new a prominent role in the new game so that they can have a bit of a balance between the old and new maybe.

I wanna add something different
I want to say the changes that were added in Gen V that I want them to stay:
- Sprites: Animated , fully animated sprites are awesome and go a long way in making the battle seem so much more real and alive.Compare to other games and you'll know what I'm talking about;
- TMs: TMs are unlimited. Nuff' said
- Different camera angles.
That's the one that I can remember right now there's plenty of other stuff feel free to continue

Good battle animations. Not just randomly bobbing up and down.

Everything should be in 3D. Pokemon coming out of your screens so its like you are being attacked while you are battling them. Also realistic pokemon sounds when you encounter them.

By realistic sounds...do you mean the anime voices? That'd be a nice touch. But as far as everything being in 3D, I like my RPGs best when they feature beautifully 2D sprites. It's why I love the SNES, and it's why I love the GBA so much.

Just keep the animated battle sprites from Gen. V, add animated trainer sprites (and not just gym leaders, I mean EVERYONE), and maybe add more trainer classes. Those are my only real suggestions for Gen. VI, besides continuing the improved story/plot of BW.

I wanna add something different I want to say the changes that were added in Gen V that I want them to stay: - Sprites: Animated , fully animated sprites are awesome and go a long way in making the battle seem so much more real and alive.Compare to other games and you'll know what I'm talking about; - TMs: TMs are unlimited. Nuff' said - Different camera angles. That's the one that I can remember right now there's plenty of other stuff feel free to continue
Of course the sprites should stay animated, and they should add attack performance animations while they`re at it. The camera angles should be expanded on as well.

Better VS sprites, maybe animated ones?

Well, I want a some fresh minds in the design team, I mean I personally think that stunfisk is the worst designed Pokemon ever (yes even more so than luvdisc!)
Also, I addition of a light type, normal against m
imgres
ost types, super effective against dark.

Well, I want a some fresh minds in the design team, I mean I personally think that stunfisk is the worst designed Pokemon ever (yes even more so than luvdisc!)
Also, I addition of a light type, normal against most types, super effective against dark.

Sorry, but I just do not want any more types. 17 is enough to manage now. Besides, after 649 Pokémon, I doubt they would go through and retcon all that might need the new type. In Gen 2 it was understandable, but I can't see them doing it now.

Otherwise, I'd quite like to be able to release Pokémon straight from the party.

I think it would be pretty cool for Generation VI's games to have the villain of the main story be your mom.

No one would ever expect a matronly middle-aged woman to try and conquer the world.

I think it would be pretty cool for Generation VI's games to have the villain of the main story be your mom.

No one would ever expect a matronly middle-aged woman to try and conquer the world.

Oh, that would be a fun twist. The main villain in Gen 6 should be someone you knew from the start, like your rival, sibling, or one of your parents. Maybe even the Champion.

Or the Professor!

*dun dun dun*

Perhaps he was trying to use the information he got from filled-out Pokedexes and his access to PC boxes to make an unstoppable army?

Yes. That sounds awesome. I'm really starting to hope that happens.

And another female Professor. Hawthorn, perhaps?

I don't know about it being Your Mom but I wouldn't mind it being an older sibling or a regional professor. Or a Gym Leader again. A little more ethnic diversity would be nice to see. And I think Maple sounds like a good name for a female professor.

A region with a name that doesn't fit their naming pattern.

Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Sinnoh
Unova

Something new, like... uh... Karnar?

I don't know...

Actually the Japanese name for Unova broke the pattern. And, the Unova elite four member Marshal is black. I want to see Prof. Oak again, from what I can see we won't be seing him this gen.

I like the 3d pokemon attack idea.
Damn nintendo for not letting us battle GEN IV with V

Damn nintendo for not letting us battle GEN IV with V

Do you mean like a person with Platinum battling a person with Black? Because I don't think that could work- what if the person with Black sent out (for example) a Zweilous? Platinum wouldn't have data for it, and... the game would probably crash or something.

Back
Top Bottom