• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW057- The Accelgor Rider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god Clay debuts in this episode. That means the Gym should be right after the Kami trio 2-parter.

This episode looks fantastic.

...CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES?

or at least affectionate parodies of kamen rider in a 'mons show on motorcycles? :3

Staff Info:
Screenplay: Shinzō Fujita
Storyboard, Director: Kazuomi Koga
Animation director: Kunihiko Natsume

Iwane's animating this episode too, though I guess that's common knowledge at this point.
Come to think of it, when's the last time Natsume did an episode without Iwane? I wonder why she(?) hasn't been able to do solo episodes as of late.

Kunihiko's doing this one? I could have sworn it was Iwane by the looks of the preview.

EDIT: Ninja'd!

So, counting the Gothita episode.... We have three consecutive episodes with some Iwane goodness.

It's like the Sinnoh League all over again! :D

So they're showing some scenes from the Accelgor episode on Smash.

Accelgor rider during the day on his bike.
Accelgor rider riding his bike at night and Ash and Pikachu give a happy stare (That might be the end of the episode).
Charles has a transformation and he becomes the Accelgor rider.
The Accelgor rider commands Accelgor to do something and Accelgor charges forward.
Accelgor Rider and Accelgor have a slow spin through the air and charge down fast, they go to kick Freegeo-Man who is on the roof.
The Vanillite suit guys do this flapping thing with arms in the warehouse and the Freegeo-Man comes out.
Accelgor used Swift and the Accelgor Rider takes off on his bike.

Last edited:
CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!! CHARLES IS A*GILDER!!!!!!

I NEED TO SEE THIS EPISODE, SEND ME TO THE FUTURE NOW!!!

"I'm a crime-stopper...my name...A*Gilder."

Ugh. Why Charles? Why ruin his character by randomly making him a superhero?
/QUOTE]

It's a parody on Marvel's superheros (Spiderman, Superman, Green Lantern ect), were they always get the girl's heart. In Charles' case, he's a superhero that breaks a girl's heart. Are you seeing how it's a parody now? I think the blond girl is the girl that Charles will break the heart of. "Oh Charles, you are so romantic saving the warehouse filled with icecream from being robbed" "I know, and now that the icecream is safe from the villianous Snowflakeman, I'm going to eat it instead of kissing you in the sunset just like in every superhero movie ending".

Last edited:
Plus how would rotation battles work in the anime? "Here, inside the cold storage, we have 2 rotating disks for POKEMON BATTLING WOOOOO!!" And, as seen in a previous episode, triple battles have way too much stuff going on and would get confusing most of the time.

So it's a neat twist for him to be a superhero rather than explaining game mechanics that might not work in the anime.

Triple battles aren't anything new in the anime. They've been happening with Team Rocket since Kanto.

True, but how long would they last, usually? Each Pokemon would have a chance to attack once before TR's would be KO'd or knocked back into TR.
Having triple battles longer than that would be disorientating with all the attacking, dodging, and nutty moves.

"Pikachu use Thunderbolt on Simipour! Oh no, Darmanitan took the hit for Simipour and now is aiming a Flame Thrower at Snivy, but she used her VINE WHIP BLOCK on it. Oshawott, angry, shoots a watergun at Lilligant but she used PROTECT! OH THE MADNESS AND THE HUMANITY!!11"

Maybe if written well, a long triple battle would be entertaining. Hell, any battle would be entertaining if well-written.

Triple battles aren't anything new in the anime. They've been happening with Team Rocket since Kanto.

Not really, Jessie nor James have used 3 Pokemon at once against Ash, unless you mean a tag battle. Triple battles were officially introduced and used in the Maractus episode.

Anyway, apparently there's a Ducklett in the episode.

dH6dPtC6DOwvkQNWxFUkv4bX-QU6c1VYeh-uUgzKkZk6XlVMJeXTEl_d_AFCz3s8sxpJpRM=s151

I don't know why that guy and that Ducklett are there, but they are.

Wow Charles was given a complete makeover from the generic biker boss sprite that he had in the games.

Anyway, apparently there's a Ducklett in the episode.

It looks like three Duckletts to me. I have a feeling that the group is in the shopping center in Dritfveil City, but I could be wrong.

Wow Charles was given a complete makeover from the generic biker boss sprite that he had in the games.

It looks like three Duckletts to me. I have a feeling that the group is in the shopping center in Dritfveil City, but I could be wrong.

No, just one.

http://h3.abload.de/img/14zerl.jpg

http://h3.abload.de/img/2t0dqu.jpg

It's probably just some guy that came from the markets and he owns the Ducklett. Seems pointless, but I'm happy to see a Ducklett again.

It's probably just some guy that came from the markets and he owns the Ducklett. Seems pointless, but I'm happy to see a Ducklett again.

Judging by the pics, it seems that this guy stole the apples from the market and A*Glider is trying to stop him.

The thief and his pokemon definitely give off bad vibes. And yes, I am also glad Ducklett is making another appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom