• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
HGSS is kind of tricky to classify because of the two region system. Kanto is kind of post game but it's also... not, so I don't really count it.

I disagree. Kanto does count as post-game because: it had 8 more gym leaders to face, several new legendaries to hunt, fixing the power plant, battling Red, exploring Cerulean Cave, get starters from Oak and Steven and rematches at the dojo.

XY had some post game although it may not have been as much as others, it still counts as post game.

@Frozen ace trainer; RPG= Role Playing Game. The player, that is you, enters the game world through an avatar either an established character who can speak, has their own personality and story or an individual like the Pokemon Trainers or PMD MCs who act as our surrogates into the world. You could also say we become them as a result.

Its one of the forms of immersion as now we, as said avatar traverse the world and everything it has to offer. No matter the events scripted how each person is going to take the situation is going to be different. World building is a big thing in RPGs. So just being Point A to B to End is great in an action platformer but even with them there'll be plenty of one off routes full of challenges and such for the player to enter if they're feeling lucky and/or greedy. Options are a big thing for video games.
...I know exactly what's an rpg, it was a joke...

Oh ok, i'm sorry because i have no idea what an "rpg" is supposed to be. I'm trying to say that "optional" areas aren't everyhthing about a game.

I know exactly what you were saying and my entire point was "maybe not to you" and that there's no need to try and undermine what others like because when you have a game with as many elements as Pokemon every one is going to matter to someone.

(Also kinda funny you get sarcy over knowing what an RPG is yet at the same fully expect one like Pokemon that offers exploration of an entire region to only give people areas that link to the main plot and not optional ones that further expand on the region and its lore/history/more believable/whatever or just giving more areas for people to keep playing lol)

Last edited:
I know exactly what you were saying and my entire point was "maybe not to you" and that there's no need to try and undermine what others like because when you have a game with as many elements as Pokemon every one is going to matter to someone.

(Also kinda funny you get sarcy over knowing what an RPG is yet at the same fully expect one like Pokemon that offers exploration of an entire region to only give people areas that link to the main plot and not optional ones that further expand on the region and its lore/history/more believable/whatever lol)
I was being sarcastic -_-

In no way i'm saying that people shouldn't go explore any optional areas, i'm saying that there are more important aspects of a game to look(ex: post game content.)

I was being sarcastic -_-

I know you were being sarcastic... Do you see the part in my post that says "Also kinda funny you get sarcy..."? Cos I do.

Unless your mean your original post about optional areas being sarcastic as well as the post about not knowing what an RPG is. In which case I question the point in posting if you're just gonna be sarcastic in every post. Especially because it just doesn't translate well online.

I know you were being sarcastic... Do you see the part in my post that says "Also kinda funny you get sarcy..."? Cos I do.

Unless your mean your original post about optional areas being sarcastic as well as the post about not knowing what an RPG is. In which case I question the point in posting if you're just gonna be sarcastic in every post. Especially because it just doesn't translate well online.
Whatever, i'm done with this conversation. You can all continue with your "speculation". and please don't reply to this post...

For me, a region that is big and explorable, and most importantly reexplorable, is absolutely important.

However, I don't see the reason to jump at somebody for expressing a somewhat different and less popular opinion, like Frozen Ace Trainer's opinion.

Same happened to me, when daring to say Complete Form Zygarde didn't look like a Pokemon to me.

People should learn to accept less popular opinions without jumping at each other. This is a forum.

Last edited:
Whatever, i'm done with this conversation. You can all continue with your "speculation". and please don't reply to this post...

Ok :)

However, I don't see the reason to jump at somebody for expressing a somewhat different and less popular opinion, like Frozen Ace Trainer's opinion.

Kinda ironic for you to be playing this card, considering you jump on anyone that disses ORAS and act like a dog with a bone that won't let the topic go, don't you think?

And no, not when they specifically trying to undermine people for liking a certain feature (optional areas). People have as much right to like them than being told that they are meaingless and don't add anything.

Edit: Below: No you jump anyone and everyone that says anything bad about it I've seen it for months now and it's tiring. Not getting into an argument about it, just don't come at with this "don't jump on others opinions" when you're a massive hypocrit that does it constantly. Not making a new post for this cos I really don't feel like dragging the thread down anymore than I already have.

Last edited:
Ok :)

Kinda ironic for you to be playing this card, considering you jump on anyone that disses ORAS and act like a dog with a bone that won't let the topic go, don't you think?

And no, not when they specifically trying to undermine people for liking a certain feature (optional areas). People have as much right to like them than being told that they are meaingless and don't add anything.

Let me explain this to you clearly, so you don't make the same mistake twice:

- I could care less if somebody likes or dislikes a game (ORAS for example). I just don't like when somebody says ORAS (or Gen VI as a whole) has less content, or not enough content. I never criticize someone who says he doesn't like ORAS 's content, just when somebody says it has less content, only because it is not the type of content THEY want. That's fans thinking they are working at GF and know better. And that's what I can't stand.

Furthermore, I disagree with Frozen Ace Trainer. Optional areas are very important imo. I just don't like when many people jump at one. It is pretty unfair.

In short, I just hate that hiena mentality of ten guys telling a person his comment is wrong. If I disagree with somebody's opinion, and five guys have already corrected him, I am not gonna correct him too. Just to not make him feel like an idiot for expressing an opinion in a more passionate way. That's how I felt when expressing my Complete Form Zygarde opinion. Again, it is a forum. People should take it less seriously.

Edit: your edit is not true. I am not getting into an argument either.

Edit: thanks for calling me a massive hypocrite. You keep adding gems to your collection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeb
I don't know how everyone got into an argument over basically nothing. Everyone will always have a different opinion. It's important to see a rainbow with all of its colors and not just the individual shades.

Back on topic these are the some of the things I would like to see in the last game(s) of this generations:
•Gym leader and E4 rematches
•New optional areas to explore both in game and post
•New mega evolutions
•An actual conclusion to the main story
•New npc like gym leaders, E4, and champion
•Any type of battle facilities that aren't Maison and Chateau
•and something completely new that none of us could ever have guess whatever it is.

•New mega evolutions

All (well, mostly) I want is Mega Ledian... Chances are ridiculously low for it. And if it happens, I doubt they'd make it very good cos it needs ridiculous focus and refinement on its stats to be good. :(

All (well, mostly) I want is Mega Ledian... Chances are ridiculously low for it. And if it happens, I doubt they'd make it very good cos it needs ridiculous focus and refinement on its stats to be good. :(

It could always happen. Lol. I always wanted a mega azumaril, if it wasn't obvious enough!

I don't know how everyone got into an argument over basically nothing. Everyone will always have a different opinion. It's important to see a rainbow with all of its colors and not just the individual shades.

Back on topic these are the some of the things I would like to see in the last game(s) of this generations:
•New mega evolutions
•and something completely new that none of us could ever have guess whatever it is.

- XY has gym rematches, ORAS has Pokemon League rematches, Z will probably have both.
- I think a new area will be available, and a big one I hope. I would want some more islands, where Azure Bay is located.
- Mega Dragonite? And Mega Swellow, please!
- True, XY had the less worked out story in a Pokemon game.
- Would be nice. New Champion is a must. Diantha didn't deserve that title.
- Battle Maison will stay I think, but the Chateau might be upgraded to a PWT, maybe.

- XY has gym rematches, ORAS has Pokemon League rematches, Z will probably have both.
- I think a new area will be available, and a big one I hope. I would want some more islands, where Azure Bay is located.
- Mega Dragonite? And Mega Swellow, please!
- True, XY had the less worked out story in a Pokemon game.
- Would be nice. New Champion is a must. Diantha didn't deserve that title.
- Battle Maison will stay I think, but the Chateau might be upgraded to a PWT, maybe.

I mean like full 6x6 battles with a mega and held items with pokemon that have their hidden abilities. Sort of like Wally from ORAS. It would be nice if there was a way to chose which type of battle to rebattle people with like double,triples, and etc. Also mega dragonite would be awesome.

Not sure how likely it is, but I wouldn't mind them implementing a Free-for-all battle mode to play with friends. People do it now, watch some of the videos on Youtube, (but have to use doubles cos there's no other way) but basically they could format the battle arena to a diamond shape (rather than the rectangle it is in doubles) with a player sending their Pokemon onto each point.

So rather than the doubles set up

P1 | P2
P3 | P4

It would be

__P1__
P2__P3
__P4__

(sorry for lines, only way it would show up :/ ignore the lines and join the P points to make a diamond)
This way each Pokemon/player can target any of the other three and vice-versa. Last one standing wins.

Not very game changing, but it would be pretty fun with a group of friends (or just random people online, I guess). Might be more relevant for Gen VII then whatever game might be next in line for Gen VI though...

I mean like full 6x6 battles with a mega and held items with pokemon that have their hidden abilities. Sort of like Wally from ORAS. It would be nice if there was a way to chose which type of battle to rebattle people with like double,triples, and etc. Also mega dragonite would be awesome.

XY gym rematches were pretty bad, only 2 pokes, not very high levels, and no items.

ORAS Pokemon League rematches are the best we have had, level wise and Mega Stones wise. B2W2 hard mode had full items teams, but Megas weren't a thing then.

Yeah, Wally's final team is what all rematches should be like, but then the game would be too hard for casuals...

Well, ORAS did introduce deciding your own battle rules in Secret Bases (including Inverse battles) but then again, there was a three Pokemon limit, so casuals wouldn't say it id too challenging. I like 3 vs 3 though, so that's fine.

I do agree it should be a feature for all important trainers, especially gym Leaders and E4,and Champ, but would include too many team programming maybe?

Dragonite needs one cause the other pseudos got it, but it doesn't really need a Mega utility wise. I want some more birds following Mega Pidgeot's example though.

Last edited:
I disagree. Kanto does count as post-game because: it had 8 more gym leaders to face, several new legendaries to hunt, fixing the power plant, battling Red, exploring Cerulean Cave, get starters from Oak and Steven and rematches at the dojo.

Having more stuff doesn't make something post game, in fact I would claim the exact opposite if there's enough content. They put the Pokemon League, which is the traditional end of the game, halfway through, so I can't really consider that post game.

•New mega evolutions

Basically this.

As far as Mega Evolutions, I can think of several that I'd want, mainly type changes because those are the most interesting.

Fire/Ghost Mega Ninetales
Normal/Dark Mega Persian
Mega Crobat
Bug/Fighting Mega Ledian
Grass/Fire Mega Sunflora
Mega Skarmory
Water/Fairy Mega Milotic
Electric/Dark Mega Luxray
Mega Roserade
Mega Floatzel
Mega Drapion
Mega Togekiss
Ghost/Fairy Mega Mismagius
Grass/Dragon Mega Serperior
Mega Zebstrika
Mega Galvantula
Mega Chandelure
Mega Haxorus

Obviously I don't expect to see all of these in one game, but if we can get at least a few of these in Z that would be great. In particular though, I'd like to see more of the following:

2nd gen Megas
4th gen Megas
5th gen Megas
Electric type Megas (seriously, we only got 2 in XY and 0 in ORAS, and it's tied with Ice for the lowest. What does Game Freak have against Electric?)

Not sure how likely it is, but I wouldn't mind them implementing a Free-for-all battle mode to play with friends. People do it now, watch some of the videos on Youtube, (but have to use doubles cos there's no other way) but basically they could format the battle arena to a diamond shape (rather than the rectangle it is in doubles) with a player sending their Pokemon onto each point.

So rather than the doubles set up

P1 | P2
P3 | P4

It would be

__P1__
P2__P3
__P4__

(sorry for lines, only way it would show up :/ ignore the lines and join the P points to make a diamond)
This way each Pokemon/player can target any of the other three and vice-versa. Last one standing wins.

Not very game changing, but it would be pretty fun with a group of friends (or just random people online, I guess). Might be more relevant for Gen VII then whatever game might be next in line for Gen VI though...

I had actually thought about the possibility of a three way battle before, that would be a neat new battle style that could shake things up (especially competitively).

As far as Mega Evolutions, I can think of several that I'd want, mainly type changes because those are the most interesting.

Fire/Ghost Mega Ninetales
Normal/Dark Mega Persian
Bug/Fighting Mega Ledian
Grass/Fire Mega Sunflora
Water/Fairy Mega Milotic
Electric/Dark Mega Luxray
Ghost/Fairy Mega Mismagius

Yeah, it's more interesting when they change types and a lot of Pokemon are going to have to change types when Mega otherwise they won't stand out (imo - though more good and interesting abilities would help create more roles). Mega Kangaskhan basically has the monopoly on pure Normal, no real way anything that stays pure Normal when Mega will compete with it (unless it's more broken than it, which I don't think anyone wants to see). Changing Lopunny to Normal/Fighting was a great idea and had it been pure Normal it wouldn't have been anywhere near as good as it is.

I agree with the types of the ones I left in the quote too (they are some of the Megas I'd like to see most too!) and they are Megas I covered in my old blogs. Except Electric/Dark Luxray, which I am only really warming to lately after realising it staying pure Electric wouldn't be enough to make it good - physical Electric types just aren't great at all (while Dark types are for obvious reasons) and Mega Manectric is basically great as a pure Electric Mega with its ridiculous Speed stat that there's no point creating competiton between them (we don't need another Medicham vs Gallade situation). They would need to give Luxray some more Dark moves like Sucker Punch and Pursuit and Knock Off if they go the Dark route with it though, Crunch probably isn't enough unless it becomes a Strong Jaw Mega.

Fire/Steel Mega Heatmor is another type change Mega I'd love to see happen. It already has various mechanical influences in its design, so I don't think Steel would be so crazy.

Electric type Megas (seriously, we only got 2 in XY and 0 in ORAS, and it's tied with Ice for the lowest. What does Game Freak have against Electric?)

YES. Electric is my favourite type and no new Electric Mega in ORAS really annoyed me cos I was super hyped to see which one it would be. (I still think Stunfisk is a good contender with how popular it is/was in Japan and it has a unique type combination - give its Mega Prankster pls. Though Luxray is obviously one of the most requested.)

This is one I want to see too. They made Mega Beedrill, and no-one saw that coming, so hopefully Ledian will get one too. We do need more bug mega Pokemon. Or just more good Bug Pokemon in general.

To be fair, the only purely physical electric types we have are Luxray, Electrivire, and Zekrom, the latter of which is a legendary. So it's not like we have the best pool to say that a pure physical electric type is doomed by design, theoretically one could be done with the right stats/movepool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom