• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY140: The Endless Zero! Until the Day We Meet Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really nice to see Ash, Serena and Clemont's party Pokemon actually being emotive about their goodbyes with each other. I knew they were all close, but not this close. We've never gotten that before with a group, and it really makes the whole goodbye that much more substantial. I'm looking forward to this episode. I actually wish it was a two-parter :cry:

I agree, they were really like a giant family and now this family has to part ways.....really shocked Serena is taking this as well as she is. I am almost expecting her to nearly break down towards the end

Already like this episode for Nymphia and Horubee being together.
Jesus Christ, I'm going to miss this.
:cry:

Has there any word on if Pumpjin and Maiika are being sent to HQ?

I hope we do see Team Rocket at Team Rocket HQ and in regards to Inkay and Gourgeist, if they do leave them at HQ then I wonder what the reasoning behind this is. For their Pokemon near the end of DP it was because they didn't want to attract attention with their old Pokemon and for their Pokemon near the end of BW it was because they didn't accomplish much in that region. Although, we haven't heard anything about Team Rocket not having showed enough progress to warrant them leaving Inkay and Gourgeist at HQ for that same reason and I can't see them leaving them there for the first reason. At the very least, I hope they mention them being left there, if we don't get to see them at HQ.

I hope we do see Team Rocket at Team Rocket HQ and in regards to Inkay and Gourgeist, if they do leave them at HQ then I wonder what the reasoning behind this is. For their Pokemon near the end of DP it was because they didn't want to attract attention with their old Pokemon and for their Pokemon near the end of BW it was because they didn't accomplish much in that region. Although, we haven't heard anything about Team Rocket not having showed enough progress to warrant them leaving Inkay and Gourgeist at HQ for that same reason and I can't see them leaving them there for the first reason. At the very least, I hope they mention them being left there, if we don't get to see them at HQ.
They did less (acknowledgable things) then in the BW series. Pretty much anything worth mentioning they did in this series, they did in the previous too.

I be glad to see the Kalos saga end. It was pretty much a Kanto/Unova 2.0 and was a waste of time in my opinion.

Kalos was really good for the most part. It was the second half of XY&Z that really killed it. Ash's league loss was the rage-breaking point for all of us.
The second half of XYZ was probably the worst of the series, but on the bright side, it had the Team Flare arc and it looks like we'll get decent closure between everyone. It was good for the most part though.

Kalos was the best saga for the major part in my opinion. It was the series that raised a lot of hopes and interests of the viewers. But at the end of the series, all the hopes were crushed and everything fell apart. That's when the disappointment is the most- raising hopes to an absolute high and then crushing all the hopes. So I've personally decided to call the Kalos saga 'The Dream-crusher series'.

Last edited:
In my opinion, from where I stand the group dynamic between Ash, Clemont, Bonnie and Serena was really not that tight like previous companion's Ash traveled with. I've said this before but as a group the bond just isn't there but individually the characters were great and if it was just a Ash and Clemont one on one or Serena and Bonnie one on one etc etc.. then you felt the connection. I won't miss this traveling group but I will miss Bonnie the most followed by Alain, Tierno and Clemont. I like Serena well enough but quite frankly she was an okay character and way to hyped up then was necessary.

I think all the Pokemons goodbye's are probably what is going to make me sad the most because I really loved Pancham and Chespin's friendship and in a lot of ways their friendship is more deeper then Ash and Serena's. #NotSorry

As a whole I liked the series; the episodes were fun to watch just not some of the characters and my favorite episodes have to be the gym battles especially Ash's seventh Gym battle. I actually liked the series a lot more in the first season of XY and the first half of XY season two but after that the series just got way to serious with less humor and fun as it went along. however I did love the Team Flare Arc and unlike a lot of people I was not bothered by Ash's league loss seeing as he got top two and to me that is a huge achievement worthy of praise not hate. I also love the character of Alain and again not sorry.

With that said I can't wait for the Sun and Moon anime!!! Bring on Alola! #TeamMallow :D
P.S- I'm on Team Mallow for just her character, NOT for shipping her with Ash.

I really loved Pancham and Chespin's friendship and in a lot of ways their friendship is more deeper then Ash and Serena's. #NotSorry
My sons! They were one of the best parts of the series. I don't think there's ever been such an interesting frienemy/bromance type of relationship shown between two Pokemon. They tried it with Oshawott and Piplup, but that didn't work as well as these two.

Nope. Sinnoh was far better. Kalos end up a joke after the league overhype and the double release of two pokemon Ash has.
Keep in mind in both series:
*Ash got developed a lot, and had plenty of powerhouses

*Serena's goal was similar to Dawn's, and both struggled along the way, and growing to where they've made it to the final round

*Clemont and Brock were walking props for virtually the whole series

*Ash had to try to bond with the starter Pokemon he tamed to become stronger with it due to bad past experiences, and succeeded

*Ash got the highest (mark out of the others) in the league in both of them

*Ash lost in both due to extremely overpowered Pokemon due to plot armor

That Hawlucha bit on the second preview got me thinking...seeing as he is facing Pikachu and Noivern, plus Braixen is perhaps trying to cheer him up, is it possible he is going back to the forest and leaving the gang?

Keep in mind in both series:
*Ash got developed a lot, and had plenty of powerhouses

*Serena's goal was similar to Dawn's, and both struggled along the way, and growing to where they've made it to the final round

*Clemont and Brock were walking props for virtually the whole series

*Ash had to try to bond with the starter Pokemon he tamed to become stronger with it due to bad past experiences, and succeeded

*Ash got the highest (mark out of the others) in the league in both of them

*Ash lost in both due to extremely overpowered Pokemon due to plot armor
Those don't matter anymore. The bad stuff of the whole Kalos saga has overwhelmed the good stuff. So Kalos is not as good or better than Sinnoh. It is just another Kanto and Unova.

Those don't matter anymore. The bad stuff of the whole Kalos saga has overwhelmed the good stuff. So Kalos is not as good or better than Sinnoh. It is just another Kanto and Unova.
I never said it was as good as Sinnoh, I only meant to say it was similar to Sinnoh in terms of how Ash's journey left.

Oh, and another little thing I missed:
*Torterra and Noivern, who both have a 4x weakness against Ice-types rarely ever got wins by the time they both evolved, respectively.

One way I would like to mark the Kalos Saga is the series which forced me to take the decision of quitting the Pokemon Anime- because it was a dream-crusher saga. I had my hopes and interests at its pinnacle due to this series, considered it to be best series ever, but as I have mentioned before- all the hopes that were raised were crushed severely at the end of the series. That disappointment was too much for me to take.

why do people care that both greninja and goodra were released? what pokemon has ash recalled in recent years except charizard?

why do people care that both greninja and goodra were released? what pokemon has ash recalled in recent years except charizard?
Goodra is okay, but Greninja's release felt incredibly forced and just the fact that the writers chose to release one of his newest powerhouses with a special transformation bugged me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom