• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What older Pokemon do you want to have in the SV Pokedex? And which Pokemon can you see not being in the dex?

I’m sure another set of Starters will most likely find their way into the games. So, I would like the Gen VI Starters to come back. They missed Gen VIII completely and I’m assuming Kalos won’t be far from wherever this Spain-inspired region is. We could have Sycamore or Sina/Dexio be there for vacation with the Starters to pass out.

This way, Fennekin can meet its long lost cousin in Sprigatito.

I’m sure another set of Starters will most likely find their way into the games. So, I would like the Gen VI Starters to come back. They missed Gen VIII completely and I’m assuming Kalos won’t be far from wherever this Spain-inspired is. We could have Sycamore or Sina/Dexio be there for vacation with the Starters to pass out.

I kinda think they’ll get regional forms honestly. But I wouldn’t mind their original forms just getting handed out either

- Tyranitar, which, by the trailer, is already available, Lol. I just hope I can capture a Larvitar at the beginning of the game, not at the end, as it usually happens.

Last edited:
So we know Starly’s in; if it were up to me I’d include Fletchling and Rookidee for diversity and thematic coherence, along with whatever regional bird we get.

There’s also the issue of legendaries, and even though I know they’re probably all going to be in by the time DLC is over, I wouldn’t mind them being selective. I haven’t decided which though.

I’d be okay if they didn’t feel obligated to give us a regional bird, an early route boring normal type rodent guy, and instead got a little more creative with things
I never use the rodent but I always use the regional bird on my first playthrough so I'm hoping that stays in at least.

I know this won’t happen, but I’m kind of hoping they give Pikachu a break and make it only available through either transfer or special events like it was in Gen 5. It would make its mascot status easier to capitalize on with event distributions due to scarcity as well, making it (and its merch) more valuable in the eyes of the public.

I know this won’t happen, but I’m kind of hoping they give Pikachu a break and make it only available through either transfer or special events like it was in Gen 5. It would make its mascot status easier to capitalize on with event distributions due to scarcity as well, making it (and its merch) more valuable in the eyes of the public.
Especially won't happen given we already saw it in the trailer.
There’s also the issue of legendaries, and even though I know they’re probably all going to be in by the time DLC is over, I wouldn’t mind them being selective. I haven’t decided which though.
It's entirely possible they pull a SWSH and not have any former legendary's in the games outside of transfer exclusive ones

I’d be okay if they didn’t feel obligated to give us a regional bird, an early route boring normal type rodent guy, and instead got a little more creative with things
At this point it feels like they couldn't get out of that. At the very least it's highly likely that no matter what they would make some sort of bird Pokemon even if there was no tradition of them being one of the first encounterable Pokemon. So that one is just as simple as making it an early catch or not. Although technically depending how this game is set up all Pokemon might count as early catch's (Just some making you go to the other-side of the map to get, but that can still be done early if you rush there)

It's in the trailer so nope.

Hey y'all! I was thinking about which mons would be in this game and decided to compile a list of the most "forgotten" mons in regional dexes. The criteria was:

• The Pokémon doesn't appear in the Galar or Hisui dexes (so obviously no Gen. IV or VIII mons).
  • For Pokémon from gens I to V, it must appear in 3 or less regional dexes
  • For ones from Gen VI and VII, it must appear only in 1 dex (they are relatively more recent so appearing in 2 dexes would be pretty good already IMO)
  • Starters, legendaries, mythicals and ultra beasts aren't included
  • Pokémon that fit the other criteria but are already confirmed to be in the new games aren't included

So here it is, the list of forgotten Pokémon, sorted from "more forgotten" to "less forgotten":

1 dex

Shroomish line
Cacnea line
Blitzle line
Sewaddle line
Deerling line
Tynamo line
Scatterbug line
Skiddo line
Pikipek line
Yungoos line
Crabrawler line
Oricorio
Minior
Komala
Bruxish

2 dexes

Not seen since Johto:

Venonat line

Not seen since Hoenn:

Phanphy line

Not seen since Unova:

Sunkern line
Slakoth line
Numel line

Not seen since Kalos:

Sentret line
Poochyena line
Taillow line
Plusle and Minun
Volbeat and Illumise
Gulpin line
Patrat Line
Pansage, Pansear and Panpour lines
Ducklett line

Not seen since Alola:

Pineco line

3 dexes:

Not seen since Sinnoh:

Girafarig

Not seen since Kalos:

Weedle line
Pidgey line
Bellsprout line
Slugma line
Skitty line
Meditite line
Spoink line
Zangoose

Not seen since Alola:

Mankey line
Drowzee line
Ledyba line
Spinarak line
Snubbull line
Smeargle
Surskit line
Makuhita line
Spinda
Castform
Kecleon
Clamperl line
Luvdisc
Alomomola

Which of those forgotten/less used Pokémon do y'all want to see in Scarlet/Violet? I would love if the Shroomish line and Girafarig returned, as I've had fun using them before.

I’m sure another set of Starters will most likely find their way into the games. So, I would like the Gen VI Starters to come back. They missed Gen VIII completely and I’m assuming Kalos won’t be far from wherever this Spain-inspired region is. We could have Sycamore or Sina/Dexio be there for vacation with the Starters to pass out.

This is a great idea, but does that mean Greninja would be in the game?!?!? :(

The Deerling line, not only has it not been seen in a while, we've been stuck with the Spring form since Kalos as you can't obtain the others outside of Unova. I'm tired of Spring, bring me Summer!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom