• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Mafia - Day 4: Feeding the Flames of Firey Passion

Day 1
  1. @DawningWinds
  2. @HumanDawn
  3. @Jinjo
  4. @ExLight
  5. @RavenRaziel98
  6. @Space
  7. @Sushi The Enby
  8. @Bigfoot_the_Pokémon
  9. @EternalPokéFanGirl
  10. @Pika_pika42
  11. @Midorikawa

Day 1: A Bright New Day

A few months had passed since Professor Rowan came back to Sinnoh. Research was going well, and the warm season was approaching; the only time of the year where Sinnoh was even close to the average temperature of Hoenn. Having just finished a walk, Rowan walked into his lab to find Dawn, his assistant, in the back on a computer. She turned to him, as her eyes went wide. "Professor! Your satchel! Where is it?" she exclaimed. "You forgot it at the lake, didn't you? This is the second time this week that you've forgotten it. You can't just go leaving that around everywhere! It's got important research in it, let alone three rare Pokemon!!" Rowan seemed a bit taken aback by the snappiness at which Dawn presented her tone, but he knew she was right. "Dawn, I apologize, my dear. I suppose my old age is getting to me." Rushing out of the lab, it took them a bit to get back to the Lake, but when they got there, they found two young boys fending off attacks from some wild Pokemon. "Help!!" they screamed, eyes filled with fear. "In the bag!" yelled Dawn. "The balls - use them!"

After a short skirmish, the wild Pokemon fled back into the forest from which they came. As the two boys brushed the dust off their shorts, one, a blonde boy with a skittish disposition, grabbed the bag and ran over, nearly barreling into the Professor in the process. "Excuse me sir, is this yours? Here, take it - if my mother finds out we've been here, she'll be furious! Come on now, Lucas, don't lag behind!" the boy yelled, as he ran off, throwing the bag back at the Professor. Dawn caught it and slung it over her shoulder, both her and the Professor looking confusingly at the boy running off towards Twinleaf Town. The other boy quickly followed suit, tipping his hat to the Professor without saying a word. As they ran off, the Professor was not necessarily angry so much as intrigued. "Those two had no knowledge of Pokemon," he murmured, "yet they were able to command them with ease in battle. I must keep an eye on them, just in case..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is now Day 1. The day will end at 11:59PM ET on Wednesday, April 6.

@HumanDawn and @Midorikawa have failed to confirm. If they do not do so by the end of the day phase, they will be modkilled.

Last edited:
I am a firefighter. The pressence of a firefighter implies the pressence of an arsonist; a usually third party role that can kill a bunch of people at once (# of people × number of nights that have occured, for those who aren't familiar and didn't read the page) out of seemingly nowhere. Please be aware that eliminating the Arsonist should probably be a high priority and you should be looking for signs of an Independently aligned player as well as a Mafia aligned player.

Interesting... in a game of this size, is an arsonist likely?

signs of an Independently aligned player as well as a Mafia aligned player.

In the links you gave on information of the roles, it said Arsonist is usually third-party, but can also be town. There's nothing said about the possibility of mafia alignment, but I'm assuming it's still possible? Also, how does your role work? Can you only protect one person in the chance the arsonist chooses to kill players they've targeted? Or do you provide some kind of immunity?

In the links you gave on information of the roles, it said Arsonist is usually third-party, but can also be town. There's nothing said about the possibility of mafia alignment, but I'm assuming it's still possible? Also, how does your role work? Can you only protect one person in the chance the arsonist chooses to kill players they've targeted? Or do you provide some kind of immunity?
I feel like it'd be weird for town to have a role that's sole purpose is to be anti-one-their-own-roles, so that has me assuming town is less likely, but I could be wrong. Mafia Arsonist could be possible I guess, but it would be kinda weird unless they didn't have a factional kill...
A player I target will be undoused so they the arsonist would have to target them again to kill them and this seems like it'd come before Arsonist killing the people they've the action order so if I targeted someone and the Arsonist killed all their previous targets that same night, the person I targeted wouldn't die from that; not sure if they'd be immune to being re-doused that same night? Have to check with the hosts one the last bit.

Vote: ExLight

Can’t remember ever being the same alignment as this guy other than that one time he subbed in.

Firefighter claim could also be the Arsonist (watch me get burned just for saying that, lmao). Firefighters are safe from Arsonist attacks (DawningWinds, if you aren’t, pretend you are) so that would be one town member immune at least. I doubt Mafia would have an anti-Independent role, unless they have more than one and it’s meant to act as a safe claim for them too but I doubt that’s the case now as well.

No idea what to post, just here to say I'm alive
ok, you are Town for your honesty

@Space

You posts are too fluffy for me. Yes the game just started but you know about my H I G H ~standards~.

Arson: Space!!!

Time to burn that fluffy sheep wool of yours!!

Good morning everyone.
I think @HumanDawn has a point, claiming to be the firefighter in the first message since the game started does indeed appear a little suspicious. However, if @DawningWinds isn't the arsonist, they can only be the real firefighter because otherwise they couldn't know about a possible arsonist/firefighter.
I hope this made kinda sense, I'm kinda nervous to make something wrong ^^

I thought about it for a couple more minutes and I'm convinced that DawningWinds isn't the arsonist. What's the point in letting the others know about the arsonist if you're the arsonist yourself? You would just make it harder for yourself to achieve your goal. So DawningWinds is either saying the truth or some really mad mastermind with a wicked strategy (still possible though). However, the Firefighter could still be mafia (even though it is more likely that the firefighter is aligned with the town), so should not immediately consider them as harmless.

Vote: ExLight

Can’t remember ever being the same alignment as this guy other than that one time he subbed in.

Firefighter claim could also be the Arsonist (watch me get burned just for saying that, lmao). Firefighters are safe from Arsonist attacks (DawningWinds, if you aren’t, pretend you are) so that would be one town member immune at least. I doubt Mafia would have an anti-Independent role, unless they have more than one and it’s meant to act as a safe claim for them too but I doubt that’s the case now as well.
AMOGUS and go join my game after this

Vote: HumanDawg

catching up

also
Arsonist in a small setup like this is extremely unlikely even if we had one less mafia to compensate it right 11 is a weird number
8-3? 7-1-3? 8-1-2? I guess 8-1-2 or 8-2-2 with one hostile indept could be a thing but I would not expect them to be killing based :notlikeduck:

I saw some people mentioning the possibility of Town arsonist and I think this is extremely unlikely because if that was the case we'd be expected to coordinate with it and not need another entire other role to prevent a mass murder

I think someone also mentioned that the arsonist could claim firefighter and I think it's a possibility since it's an usual role but it's a very ballsy move to start the game claiming it unless they were provided a fake claim lol

I think that they might not be the arsonist, agreeing with Raven right now, and HumanDawn was very quick to defend them.
Vote: HumanDawn
Human wasn't really that quick to defend me? His thoughts on the firefighter claim do assume I'm town I guess, but its not like he didn't consider the possibility of me lying?

You posts are too fluffy for me. Yes the game just started but you know about my H I G H ~standards~
They don't really feel super fluffy to me? Like she could've done to give an actual thought but she was questioning things in a way that to me feels like she was just trying to decide how she felt? The only thing that felt fluffy was the kinda vaguely directed question of whether an arsonist was likely in a game this size.

I think that they might not be the arsonist, agreeing with Raven right now, and HumanDawn was very quick to defend them.
Vote: HumanDawn
Human wasn't really that quick to defend me? His thoughts on the firefighter claim do assume I'm town I guess, but its not like he didn't consider the possibility of me lying?

You posts are too fluffy for me. Yes the game just started but you know about my H I G H ~standards~
They don't really feel super fluffy to me? Like she could've done to give an actual thought but she was questioning things in a way that to me feels like she was just trying to decide how she felt? The only thing that felt fluffy was the kinda vaguely directed question of whether an arsonist was likely in a game this size.

Whoops accidentally sent that twice, sorry...

This is mathematically not eleven. Did you mean 7-2-2 or something else?

ok, you are Town for your honesty
This is kinda weird; its a blatantly fluffy post, so calling it towny and a good sign in the same post you call Space being fluffy bad feels strange.
Granted, Sushi gets more leeway on fluffy things because they're new, but I don't feel like that defines this post as necessarily towny?

So I think there's some sus being thrown around. Are we going @HumanDawn?
We have nearly two days to discuss and votes can be moved; nothing's remotely set in stone as to who we're killing at this point, especially since I don't really think ExLight was being all that serious about his vote on Human?

We have nearly two days to discuss and votes can be moved; nothing's remotely set in stone as to who we're killing at this point, especially since I don't really think ExLight was being all that serious about his vote on Human?
Got it. I won't shoot yet then. If there's anybody looking sus, let me know.

Are we allowed to reveal roles? This is my first Mafia :p

Back
Top Bottom