• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Mafia - Day 4: Feeding the Flames of Firey Passion

Wow this is interesting. We are in the early phases of D1 and the game has started already, this will be fun.

I'm inclined to believe DawningWinds' claim is true as they have claimed the fire fighter role in their first post and without any pressure, the game had barely started at that time and their claim helped to start the discussion.
I have no reason to think they are lying about their role.
I don't think the Firefighter role could be a mafia role as I can't see the utility it would have for them unless it's in addition to some other role, but the possibility of that seems very low. I mostly believe it to be a town role, or maybe it could be an indep role with a win-con to eliminate the arsonist.

I like how RavenRaziel gave their thoughts and analysis (especially if it's their first game), gives me good vibes for them.

HD and ExLight have shared their thoughts but they are not enough to form a steady read on them yet. I'll be neutral towards them for now.

Others have either not posted or don't have enough substantial posts to form a read on them yet. So null read for them.

It'd be a pretty random thing for me to make up outta nowhere if I'm mafia I feel like? Especially in the literal first post of the game.

It would definitely be random but it would be a claim that would be unlikely to be counterclaimed and it would give you some form of "clearance". We don't know if there actually is an arsonist.

As for me being the arsonist: Wouldn't I probably be counterclaimed? Odds are good with a 3p arsonist there's an actual firefighter so if I fakeclaimed I'd get called out by the real firefighter most likely?

Not sure if this was aimed at me, but yeah, it would be way too risky for you to fakeclaim firefighter. That's why I think it's more likely that you could be fakeclaiming firefighter and there is no arsonist. If this was a bigger game, I'd be much more likely to believe in your claim without automatically considering you fakeclaiming, but given the size, I can't help but wonder.

This is an 11 player game and normally in an 11 player game there are 2 mafia and an independent so assuming an arsonist in this game then there shouldn't be another indep.

Do you think 2 mafia and 1 hostile (possibly multi killer as an arsonist) is likely in an 11p game?

Do you think 2 mafia and 1 hostile (possibly multi killer as an arsonist) is likely in an 11p game?
Yes, I think it's likely two mafia and one hostile independent since that is the normal setup balance. I have only played one game where there were three mafia in an 11 player game and in post game it was being discussed it was scum sided.

two mafia and one non-hostile indept seems a bit too townsided

two mafia and on hostile-indept seems a bit too indept sided

three mafia seems a bit too scumsided

11 players is setup hell

I thought about it for a couple more minutes and I'm convinced that DawningWinds isn't the arsonist. What's the point in letting the others know about the arsonist if you're the arsonist yourself? You would just make it harder for yourself to achieve your goal. So DawningWinds is either saying the truth or some really mad mastermind with a wicked strategy (still possible though). However, the Firefighter could still be mafia (even though it is more likely that the firefighter is aligned with the town), so should not immediately consider them as harmless.
Dawning could be fake claiming to skate under the radar of both mafia and town. Mafia isn’t going to bother with a firefighter since arsonist would likely be their enemy too. And town wouldn’t go after a any kind of protection role.
Got it. I won't shoot yet then. If there's anybody looking sus, let me know.

Are we allowed to reveal roles? This is my first Mafia :p
:bulbaFacepalm:
@Midorikawa is this also your first game
where are you we need you
Yes this is my first game. Please teach me how to play ExLight-Senpai!
If Mido is town I wonder if she will be town reading the scum just like in the last two games I played with her.
Don’t worry I’m mafia. :bulbaLove:
I'm immune to being doused, like Human said. So no they wouldn't, because that would be a waste of an action.

It'd be a pretty random thing for me to make up outta nowhere if I'm mafia I feel like? Especially in the literal first post of the game.

As for me being the arsonist: Wouldn't I probably be counterclaimed? Odds are good with a 3p arsonist there's an actual firefighter so if I fakeclaimed I'd get called out by the real firefighter most likely?
You could easily be fakeclaiming firefighter and actually be SK or something knowing that you’re the indep in the game. We won’t know for sure without a cop, rolecop, or your death. You are far from cleared though.

You could easily be fakeclaiming firefighter and actually be SK or something knowing that you’re the indep in the game. We won’t know for sure without a cop, rolecop, or your death. You are far from cleared though.
If there's a SK than that'll be obvious pretty quick and discredit my claim pretty hard. Lynch me if a double kill happens tonight and no vig claims it. Lynch me if a double kill ever occurs multiple nights in a row.
Pretty dang simple, unless you think I'm planning to holster till like the end of the game.

unless you think I'm planning to holster till like the end of the game.
In which case, put a tracker on me. If the firefighter's not moving something's wrong.
Obviously there's the possiblity of there not being a tracker, but with no sense of what town's gonna look like do you really think I'd risk this?

Soooo... I thought I came up with some batshot insane conspiracy in my mind, but there are other people who mentioned similar things and now I'm beginning to feel even more concerned. Let's say there are no firefighter and no arsonist. There are still good chances for an independet party or a third mafia member being involved. By claiming to be a firefighter we would be mistrusting each other because of a possible arsonist, but both, mafia and town alike, would benefit from the firefighter if there actually is an arsonist, so the firefighter would have pretty smooth sailing since we can't know for sure. Roles like a serial killer, a jester, an unjester, a survivor, a cop, a godfather and many more would take benefits from that claim because no one would have a reason to kill them. And as a serial killer you could still win without using your ability even once (or using it pretty late in the game) so if there was no double kill that doesn't guarantee that there isn't a serial killer in the slightest. I'm still not sure if I'ld go as far and vote for lynching you, but I've reached a point where I feel like I should be cautios around you.

And as a serial killer you could still win without using your ability even once (or using it pretty late in the game) so if there was no double kill that doesn't guarantee that there isn't a serial killer in the slightest
Put.
A goddamn.
Tracker.
On me.
Then.
If I'm not moving you have a problem.

a jester, an unjester,
How do roles that want to die benefit from this lol.

I guess, but it would be highly unconventional. Cops generally should avoid drawing attention to themselves before they have useful checks and going back on this claim would get me suspected pretty hard I feel like.

By claiming to be a firefighter we would be mistrusting each other because of a possible arsonist
Guess what?
We're still gonna be mistrusting each other because there are definitely at least two mafia that anyone could be. Adding knowledge of an indep doesn't change that, and a number of people here usually passively expect there to be like a Serial Killer and are mistrustful of independents/people they get independent vibes from anyway.

You're right about the jester/unjester thing, messed up at that part (I was reading several character descriptions at once and kinda lost the overview, my apologies at this point, I screwed up). However, I should also mention that I consider those who keep doubting the whole arsonist situation constantly/rather persistent as possible arsonist. Just because younraised my suspicion that doesn't mean I don't suspect others for having a reason why they wanna get rid of you (and spreading doubts about your ole would be a pretty convenient way to do so I guess).

Yes this is my first game. Please teach me how to play ExLight-Senpai!
ok so first you get your vote and place on mafia hand gestures all over space uwu

Soooo... I thought I came up with some batshot insane conspiracy in my mind, but there are other people who mentioned similar things and now I'm beginning to feel even more concerned. Let's say there are no firefighter and no arsonist. There are still good chances for an independet party or a third mafia member being involved. By claiming to be a firefighter we would be mistrusting each other because of a possible arsonist, but both, mafia and town alike, would benefit from the firefighter if there actually is an arsonist, so the firefighter would have pretty smooth sailing since we can't know for sure. Roles like a serial killer, a jester, an unjester, a survivor, a cop, a godfather and many more would take benefits from that claim because no one would have a reason to kill them. And as a serial killer you could still win without using your ability even once (or using it pretty late in the game) so if there was no double kill that doesn't guarantee that there isn't a serial killer in the slightest. I'm still not sure if I'ld go as far and vote for lynching you, but I've reached a point where I feel like I should be cautios around you.
if you overthink too much ya brain gonna fry
jester is the only role I can see remotely benefitting from this but I doubt DW wouldn't be able to come up with a better idea lol

I guess for cop it also works because mafia would also be interested in having the serial killer disrupted and claiming something like this arguably puts them on a low priority on their kill list but eh I don't think it's what's going on here personally

also why even bring this possibility up honestly because if you're considering they might be a cop that kinda exposes their plan? :dead:

I didn't mention the cop because I considered DawningWinds a cop but rather to mark my point of rules that could possibly benefit from the firefighter claim in general. And if my brains gonna fry (not like there can be any more damage done) then that's even better becuase this would mean it was one hell of a game ^^

For everyone who doesn't know Mido and somehow might not realize she's joking:
This is very much not her first game. She's been playing for years.
That was her plan to make us newbies let our guard down, but you just blow up her cover :confused:. Honestly no one strikes me as particularly suspicious right now, I still need more context XD
I didn't mention the cop because I considered DawningWinds a cop but rather to mark my point of rules that could possibly benefit from the firefighter claim in general. And if my brains gonna fry (not like there can be any more damage done) then that's even better becuase this would mean it was one hell of a game ^^
No please, ending like this just for a game, it's not worth it.
brain-turkey.gif

Oops… I completely forgot about the game with how busy I have been. I just remembered right before I went to sleep because I saw a reply from somebody on my Tumblr messages who reminded me before that the game started earlier today (they replied to my messages thanking them for the reminder).

I will get to the notifications later when I have the chance tomorrow but this is currently one of my more busy weeks so I don’t expect too much activity from me :^(.

If there's a SK than that'll be obvious pretty quick and discredit my claim pretty hard. Lynch me if a double kill happens tonight and no vig claims it. Lynch me if a double kill ever occurs multiple nights in a row.
Pretty dang simple, unless you think I'm planning to holster till like the end of the game.

In which case, put a tracker on me. If the firefighter's not moving something's wrong.
Obviously there's the possiblity of there not being a tracker, but with no sense of what town's gonna look like do you really think I'd risk this?
I said could be SK not are sk. Regardless wasting more time on you is not worth it. We can worry about you later game.
For everyone who doesn't know Mido and somehow might not realize she's joking:
This is very much not her first game. She's been playing for years.
Shhh don’t tell them.
ok so first you get your vote and place on mafia hand gestures all over space uwu
Place on mafia? Guess I should self vote.

Place on mafia? Guess I should self vote.
Bussing yourself doesn't give you any towncred. Note: it doesn't count as bussing if you don't die. Its either distancing or failing to bus. You should vote your scumbuddies instead.
hand gestures all over space
I'm actually more inclined to agree with the sentiment Raven's put forth that Space might be a 3p Arsonist (still not town but), given she's taken quite literally every angle to try and discredit this concept. Mafia would know I'm not with them and assume I'm telling the truth more likely than not I feel like, and it'd be in their best interest to have me not discredited because me dying is bad for them too as long as the Arsonist is still around. (This is even in the case scenario where Mido's "might be" scenario where I'm a SK or similar is true, as Mafia would generally be expected to assume anyone claiming right away not on their team as telling the truth.) So probably I feel like the people who are likely to be Mafia are gonna be the ones taking my claim at super face value?

Or Bigfoot, because his very "I am going to do whatever the thread does" attitude so far doesn't sit right with me- I know this is a new player thing, but I feel like its more often a new scum thing to blend in? Regardless I'd like to see him come in with some sort of original thoughts. Or just. Any thoughts.

Or Bigfoot, because his very "I am going to do whatever the thread does" attitude so far doesn't sit right with me- I know this is a new player thing, but I feel like its more often a new scum thing to blend in? Regardless I'd like to see him come in with some sort of original thoughts. Or just. Any thoughts.
So push him.

Also I’ve done the same as Space so what makes me different from her?

So push him.

Also I’ve done the same as Space so what makes me different from her?
Space has taken the town or mafia Arsonist route in addition to pushing the idea the that I was lying, and yours feels much more of a "Dawning lying should be considered but doesn't need to be pushed right now" scenario to Space's main focus kinda seeming to be trying to find a reason to either say I'm lying or that the Arsonist isn't 3p.

As for me pushing Bigfoot, good idea:
Vote: Bigfoot_the_Pokemon

Back
Top Bottom