• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Mafia - Day 4: Feeding the Flames of Firey Passion

also I've been thinking a bit and I'm a bit confused as to how Dawning can claim he got redirected because I firefighter is kinda like doctor (more similar to doctor poison really) and shouldn't tell who the target was, right? just whether it was successful or not like pika said which makes me think either pika or dawning are lying, but leaning a lot more strongly towards dawning
I think Caps also told targets in Xenoblade too even to non-invest roles? I'm pretty sure I remember being told "Your Zombification action of Crystal Onix was successful", but I would probably have to check and make sure. So its not that weird.

I'm the Doctor. I protected myself N1 and was told that my protection was successful
Okay. So. I have mixed feelings on this decision.
Jinjo 1.0 did express a pretty strong scum read on you and thus getting shot by her might've seemed possible. Buuut. In protecting yourself from her role you woulda prevented her from proving herself. Granted, losing the doctor is not great. But, if she had shot you, not died, and you self proc'd there would've been zero way of knowing if either of you were telling the truth.

But what striked me as the most odd was that she wasted a night action on me - and made it public. Almost like she wanted to draw attention on me - maybe she didn't even use a night action on me and made the whole role blocking thing up, who knows.
No this is. Literally not weird.
She wanted people to know she was roleblocked because she wanted people to know for sure there was a roleblocker, and when you claim to be roleblocked people automatically ask who you targeted, in case of Commuter or Ascetic or something.

I'm confused as to how we'd have a firefighter when we have an ascetic because this causes a mess regarding how the arsonist would interact with you (they can only kill you but their actions are spread in a non-killing and a killing part)
Ascetic would be immune to dousing I'd think? So the Arsonist can't kill them because they can't prep the kill. Which makes sense, having someone protected from being doused aside from the firefighter makes the game favor Arsonist less.

I don't like the fact that she has barely stated anything about her reads so far. However, I also wanna note that I don't know her style of playing and stuff like that so maybe this isn't much of an unusual behavior of her - in that case just forget about it, after all you know her way better than I do and all I can use as a reference is how other players treated their reads (in terms about talking about them with us).
She's usually not like this, but its not alignment indicative; when she has time for the game she's usually really aggressive as both town and scum. Its more indicative that she's busy at the moment than anything.

FINAL VOTALS:
HumanDawn: 1 (Sushi the Enby)
Jinjo: 2 (EternalPokeFanGirl, Space)
Bigfoot_the_Pokemon: 5 (Midorikawa, DawningWinds, ExLight, Jinjo, HumanDawn)

Not Voting: RavenRaizel, Pika_pika42
Pika_pika42: 3 (Space, DawningWinds, EternalPokeFanGirl)
EternalPokeFanGirl: 1 (Sushi)

Not Voting: Midorikawa, ExLight, RavenRaziel, Pika_pika42
blue for person who proved their claim at least partially

Raven not voting despite being overly suspicious of everyone is a bit annoying. Benefit of the doubt due to them being new players, and a no vote is just another type of vote, which as I explained earlier to Jinjo is fairly NAI.

Pika doesn't really have this excuse. They provided some reads and were present in-thread but still extremely passive. I'm not sure how to interpret them dropping a claim like this before bailing out without even trying to propose a counterwagon, but it ends up rubbing me the wrong way because if they're mafia that could be working as both a doctor-bait or as an attempt to claim a role they might've figured out is less likely (as I said considering we have both bulletproof and a JOAT com doctor shot)

Midorikawa being early on the mislynch and kinda MIA so far is a red flag to me. I'm fairly sure he also claimed to have been roleblocked as scum before too so this is making me extremely uneasy.

while I don't like Pika's claim for many reasons (forgot to mention one but being able to self protect when there's already a bulletproof seems busted unless there's strongman around but I guess HD could work as negative utility for that) there's a lingering thought in my head that jinjo 1.0 might've shot them and if they don't want to push a pika lynch here there's a possibility it's because they might be verified and I'd probably want more time to have stuff clarified before that

forgot to mention one but being able to self protect when there's already a bulletproof seems busted
Oh yeah I did not think of that. That does not add to my faith in Pikapika's claim.

Sorry. I know you have just subbed in and haven't really got a chance to do anything yet. But that slot has literally not done anything to contribute to the game.
I think everyone, except me, is playing a really good game as I literally have no solid suspicions on any particular player and by PoE and because I have a feeling they are most likely to be the Arsonist, I have chosen to vote Jinjo.
I do not like this vote. Sushi said on multiple occasions that the reason they weren't participating was because they had no clue what was happening, to the point where they had previously stated that they wanted to quit before the sub out, so their non-participation is, at absolute worst, NAI. This is a poor option for a counterwagon, not giving the sub in a slot that hasn't really done anything significantly AI a remote chance to prove themself.
I find it kinda in line with everything else you've done, though, refusing to commit to a solid suspicion.

Also. If your telling the truth as a doctor you know there's going to be a non-Arsonist killing faction. You do not know for a solid fact that there is an Arsonist, especially with your heavy focus on making it very clear that you don't feel entirely confident in saying I'm town. So why are you focusing on the most likely Arsonist rather than the most likely Mafia?

Unvote: EternalPokeFanGirl

Vote: Pika_pika42

I forgot about this earlier and I think Pika is lying about protecting himself. During the lynch scene it says Pika and Sushi are modblocked and for Pika to be modblocked then it would mean he couldn't have protected himself.

He is probably not the doctor because of this.

@Sushi The Enby and @Pika_pika42 Both of you have failed to meet the 5-post minimum of game-related posts per phase as stated in the game rules. Failure to meet this requirement in subsequent Day phases will result in a modkill :/

please try and keep up with the game guys :(
Unvote: Pika_pika42

Vote: EternalPokeFanGirl

I made a mistake and it says on the quote above failure to meet posting requirement again will get modkilled. I got this mixed up from another site where I play mafia and in the other site it says failure to meet posting requirements will result in a modblock.

uh considering jinjo 2.0 just now was willing to vote pika I guess I was wrong about the shooting stuff? :notlikeduck:

I might be fine with a pika lynch in this case

I'd be more willing to believe Pikapika's claim if he had limited doctor shots. cause idk, given Human's role (about evolving), it seems weird to have a full doctor and 1x doc shot and 1x bodyproof. And ascetic, but, I'm doubting that role too.

so wait. who did you think shot who? that jinjo 1 shot pikapika?
Yea, I personally really dislike Pika's claim, but Jinjo backing out without hesitation right after he claimed made me think Jinjo 1.0 had shot Pika on N1.

Makes sense, right? would explain the lack of kill from her previous role, and why she backed out without hesitation despite the claim being fairly strange considering the roles we have already (bulletproof+doc shot plus self-protecting doctor in a 11p is super weird)

but her showing she was willing to vote him just now kinda makes me rethink that

And ascetic, but, I'm doubting that role too.
I feel like its probably Jinjo 2.0's actual role, given how quickly she claimed it and without prompting? But I do agree that there is a non-zero chance of ascetic being a scum role... I'm not sure how high I want to say that chance is, but ascetic is a fairly alignment neutral role.
That said I'm not particularly scunreading Jinjo 2.0 so at the moment I don't feel that chance is too high?

I don't really feel comfortable doing this due to us having newcomers, but entering flavor discussion Ascetic could definitely be a scum role considering it somewhat fits Cyrus and is probably immune to stuff like trackers and cops which we're prolly to expect at least one of them due to Looker
(!!!! Newcomers, please don't say anything/react in any way that might hint at your character, even if you see people assuming stuff correctly/incorrectly. Doing so counts as flavorclaim and will get you modkilled !!!!)

I did not like Sushi's slot and while Jinjo seems a bit better due to promoting discussion and suggesting stuff like massclaim and claiming without hesitation (from my experience jinjo often is paranoid regarding claims when she's scum so this would go against the meta I have) I'm still not townreading it as much as I would like

Back
Top Bottom