• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Cute Animal Mafia (Bastard) - Town Wins

I should totally not be asleep rn cus i definitely doesn’t have to get up early for school

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!
Ugh. Now that I am done streaming, I can finally react properly to this.

So. It turns out that after 50 failed cockamamie theories, cockamamie theory number 51 was finally correct.

I don’t blame y’all for thinking I was playing you for chumps, especially since, after guz’s claim of infiltrator and public outing of the entire “mafia” team, literally the only play (if I had been mafia) would have been to bluff that we were all traitors and laugh shit off as “oh, this is just a bastard game.”

As Midori and I have proven, neither of us is opposed to making such ridiculous gambits, and with all the disproven cockamamie theories (innocent Cult Leader, red panda scum, Traitor Scum Jamie) that I had thrown out and been wrong, and my convenient Infiltrator and Bomb claims, I really do not blame Elie, Pika, or Ex for being dubious of me and my team of infiltrators.

Honestly, given my what my Bomb action was, I spent most of this game not knowing my own alignment for sure. Between the Raven and guz flips, I wasn’t sure if there was a hidden modifier for all “Infiltrators” that changed our alignment to scum after one of us died.

As the game dwindled down, I also began to consider the possibility that, since I could theoretically wipe out anyone without a Deathproof, I could have been the threat that town needed to eliminate.

So I played the game simultaneously considering myself town, mafia, and ITP, and I realized that, ultimately, if I was the last one standing, I would probably win no matter what. So I prioritized getting my codes above all else.
I didn’t call out Jamie until after he had sent me his code and I confirmed it would work.
I switched the lynch to Potato hoping his code would go to someone friendly.
I killed Caps for the same reason.

Ultimately, if we had chosen not to opt for peace this round, I would have blown everybody to kingdom come…

All this having been said…

DO YOU KNOW HOW FUCKING DIFFICULT IT IS TO BE STARING AT A GODDAMNED RED BUTTON THAT CAN allegedly KILL EVERYONE ELSE AND NOT PRESS IT?!?!?

I didn’t do it for two reasons.
1. It seemed way too good to be true. I assumed there was either a hidden modifier to this role itself, or there was a hole in my Hazmat suit, and I would die as well.
2. Especially during the fake LYLO, I didn’t want to risk potentially losing because I had underestimated the game. I knew Mido had a Deathproof still up her sleeve. I knew lissi and Pika did not have any. I wasn’t sure about Elieson. I was half convinced of an Elie/Mido scum team where Mido would just communicate to Elie about who we were choosing to kill on any given night, and he would use the real scum kill to target that player. Meanwhile, the kill I controlled was little more than a gun that shot a flag saying “BANG!” If I had activated my Bomb in that circumstance, even if Elie didn’t have a Deathproof up his sleeve, town likely would have lost, since all Midori would have needed to do the following night was vote for herself and win in a -1 to 0 votal.
So I was tempted to vote Mido on that last day, just to take out her Deathproof before going kaboom, but I kept my paranoia in check.
It had occurred to me that Mido was way too forthcoming in the infiltrator chat, and Elieson had a chance to cast a hammer vote on Midori, theoretically ending the phase with no lynch (given Mido’s Deathproof), and giving the hypothetical scum team the win.

tl:dr this game was a goddamned rollercoaster, but…
Final score:
ME - 3 (figuring out the PR was fake, not using my Bomb role because I figured it was a trap or too good to be true, eventually coming to the conclusion that we needed to No Lynch to win)

hosts - 2 (mafia chat full of infiltrators)

I win. :p

no lynch (aka the forest) ended with 1
Two votes. I was a double voter. I kept my pocket aces (the double vote and my ability to lower someone’s cuteness score by 20) hidden up my sleeve the whole game.
That’s why I was content to “let it ride” after placing my vote on NL last night and stream for 13.5 hours. Even if Elieson had a vote, the day would have ended at
NL -2
Mido -1

The wildcard was lissi, but she didn’t seem inclined to take a side or throw down a vote.

Also, turns out it’s a damned good thing I used the scum kill to mostly target players who were already going to die, eh?

Jamie's problem isn't that he doesn't go outside, it’s that he doesn't sleep, even though I tell him to.
You do not get to lecture others on their poor lifestyle habits, young lady. :p

Back
Top Bottom