• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Build-It: Video Game Edition [ENDGAME]

Did some more reading and I’m pretty sure lissi is town

She got role blocked by the person with silent hill who is most likely mafia

Why would they do that to another scum?

Lissi has a solid town read from me

It's not really that simple
Scum could also not block anyone since most people don't even have blueprints and then claim they were blocked

Would scum necessarily have Silent Hill? From how it was explained in the opening post, it seemed like any role could go to anyone.

It could possibly have gone to a town player and then they might have blocked Lissi for a different reason, maybe because of her laying low.

But it didn’t tell me I was blocked by “silent hill”, it said I was blocked by “pyramid head”, which after a google search seems to be a character from silent hill
Hmmm I guess the blocker aspect is from the Pyramid Head character and another character in Silent Hill would be the basis for a hypothetical second ability

Would scum necessarily have Silent Hill? From how it was explained in the opening post, it seemed like any role could go to anyone.
There’s a 3/14 chance scum get a blueprint day 1 (it’s 3 not 4 right? 4 is 15 players iirc), plus there could be certain alignments that start with certain blueprints. It’s not improbable.

Also, to add to the scum argument Silent Hill is a very evil place I reckon anyone who looked it up would realise that and if they’re town, I don’t see them building Silent Hill of all places first. They’d definitely peek to see what it is.

There’s a 3/14 chance scum get a blueprint day 1 (it’s 3 not 4 right? 4 is 15 players iirc), plus there could be certain alignments that start with certain blueprints. It’s not improbable.

Also, to add to the scum argument Silent Hill is a very evil place I reckon anyone who looked it up would realise that and if they’re town, I don’t see them building Silent Hill of all places first. They’d definitely peek to see what it is.
I wouldn’t. I would assume it’s some scummy time and happily take it from them.

But it didn’t tell me I was blocked by “silent hill”, it said I was blocked by “pyramid head”, which after a google search seems to be a character from silent hill
I'm concerned by the fact that you were told who stopped you, even if just an alias. If someone else gets blocked in the future, without any potential roleblocking buildings erected, and aren't told this, then lissi probably isn't Town.

If there were only one blueprint distributed at random, yes. However, there could be more blueprints distributed and the other recipients haven't built them yet or spent their first Day peeking on them, or the Mafia is guaranteed to get one at the start of Day 1.

Just because blueprints are distributed randomly at the beginning of each phase doesn't mean there isn't a set blueprint given to the Mafia on a set phase, especially to balance out the team.

I think it's more indicative that Silent Hill blocked Lissi without anyone really challenging her in thread beforehand. Pretty cleanly lines up with scum usage.
It's not really that simple
Scum could also not block anyone since most people don't even have blueprints and then claim they were blocked
This is also true though. I can see the angle there.

i wasn't being defensive, i was being self-preservative. saying that i want someone dead is a bad idea when the mafia could easily use that info to frame me. i was passive d1 simply because i was busy, i don't think i'm particularly known for being super pro-active in mafia anyway.
Why would you need to be self-preservative in that instance though? It's not like you were going to get lynched.

I'll need to see how the events go but I find it weird that it would explicitly tell you flavor hints about who blocked you.
Yeah, looking at it again, it's oddly specific. I don't think I've played a game where you're told specifically what caused the action to fail.

Before I sleep, my vote will be for

Vote: StormyStinger

The lack of a defense or a countercase to offer (which he said he would) makes me reconsider my prior read on him, and it kind of seems like he's laying low amid the current discourse.

On Lissi, the activity feels somewhat off to me. I see many posts and reacts from her, but the personal contributions are sparse. The Pyramid Hill situation is confusing, but I think this could be clarified in the next day if someone would have the same feedback from this action.

I'm considering voting lissi because I agree with Light about her activity resembling Scum!lissi, but I don't think she would be bold enough to make the Pyramid Head play, unless someone coached her to do that?
I can definitely see someone coaching her to do that, but would rather take things at face value for now.

The Pyramid Hill situation is confusing, but I think this could be clarified in the next day if someone would have the same feedback from this action.
The problem is that either confirmation or denial by another player might not necessarily be the truth.

If lissi is telling the truth and is Town, a member of the Mafia could say they were blocked but didn't receive the Pyramid Head message, causing us to be suspicious of her as Town.

If lissi is lying and is Mafia, another member of the Mafia could say they were blocked and did receive the Pyramid Head message, causing us to trust her more.

The lack of a defense or a countercase to offer (which he said he would) makes me reconsider my prior read on him, and it kind of seems like he's laying low amid the current discourse.
@StormyStinger Bumping this. Although it’s gonna take a full on confession for me to change my mind at this rate.

Current Vote Count - 1 hour remains
StormyStinger: IV (Midorikawa, JamieIsBored, Othinus, Divergent)
mastermind lissi: I (ExLight)
toasghost: I (TheCapsFan)

Back
Top Bottom