• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokemon travelling companion poll

Here are my top 5 in each category:

Companions

1. Misty
2. Brock
3. Max
4. Tracey
5. Iris

Movies

1. Entei
2. Mewtwo
3. Lugia
4. Lucario
5. Jirachi

Ash's Pokemon

1. Bayleef
2. Pikachu
3. Charizard
4. Butterfree
5. Totodile

For the last category, I focused on story and personality. Battles don't impress me unless they're really significant to the story (Charizard vs. Entei).

I'd place Litten over Totodile, but it belongs to a different Ash.

Here's my top 5

Companions:
Misty
Dawn
Brock
Max
Serena

Movies:
Darkrai
Mewtwo
Power of One
Lati@s
Giratina

Pokemon
Pikachu
Staraptor
Infernape
Greninja
Charizard

Last edited:
Here's my top 5

Companions:
Iris
Bonnie
Dawn
Brock
May

Movies:
Darkrai
Mewtwo
Unown
Power of One
Lucario

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Infernape
Charizard
Sceptile
Greninja

Here's my top 5

Companions:
Iris
Cilan
Makoto
Souji
Tracey

Movies:
Genesect
Zekrom
Reshiram
"I choose you"
Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon

Pokemon:
Mijumaru
Raticate
Rotomdex
Boldore
Palpitoad

I think it's not necessary to have another thread, as it still is within the topic of this poll - people are using the original's poll template in order to post their own discussions. Naturally, if people want to do so they can continue to discuss the poll too.

My personal choices for the three companions if I had to narrow it down would be: 1. Dento (this is personal bias of course, but also since I would love to see the sommelier concept fleshed out and his rivalry with Cabernet continue), 2. Misty (I feel out of all the pokemon female companions, she suffered from the weakest development in terms of storyline in OS so it could be a chance to rectify that), 3. Iris (for largely the same reasons as Misty, felt there was a lot of undelivered potential in her storyline and I like her character).

If I had the opportunity to pick more, it's a toss up between Max and Bonnie - since I feel both of their storylines do have such potential and they're largely starting out - while I prefer Bonnie over Max, I feel she was just in the season prior so.

No - while I do like the characters I have picked (since I would be seeing them on my screen if my choices were realised), they're not necessarily my favourites and I didn't pick them out of favouritism (other than Dento). For instance, one of my favourite companions is Brock but I don't know, I just wouldn't necessarily choose him over the ones I picked for this poll. I like almost all of the travelling companions.

I picked my favorites, but I don't see anything wrong with Brock (with his long history) returning for a movie. I might put Max ahead of him purely from that perspective, though.

I think it's not necessary to have another thread, as it still is within the topic of this poll - people are using the original's poll template in order to post their own discussions. Naturally, if people want to do so they can continue to discuss the poll too.
I think it's better if we have an actual poll. I'll open up one myself.

Here's my top 5

Comeback Companions:
May
Brock
Serena
Dawn
Clemont

Movies:
Mewtwo
Entei
Lucario
Celebi
Deoxys

Pokemon
Charizard
Sceptile
Infernape
Greninja
Muk

Last edited:
I don't get what Brock returning could potentially do good. What did he actually do to become a caretaker? He didn't do anything to improve himself throughout Hoenn and Sinnoh sagas. He was just there because he didn't have anything better to do. We better have main characters who have at least motives and some improvement to compare them to the beginning. Brock has been there more than he was actually needed.

Well, during the Sinnoh saga, he changed his dream from becoming a Pokemon Breeder to becoming a Pokemon Doctor.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom