Search results for query: *

• Users: Zhen Lin
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Z

Stepping down and new Editor-in-Chief

Having already been essentially inactive for over a year, I think it would be best if I officially stepped down as Editor-in-Chief of Bulbapedia. I appoint TTEchidna as the new Editor-in-Chief, effective immediately. As such, he becomes the highest authority on administrative and policy issues...
  2. Z

Regarding the server move today

As you may be aware, Bulbagarden was in the process of moving to a new server about 12 hours ago. The reason for this was that Bulbagarden was not fully utilising the server, so we decided to move to a new server with slightly lower specifications. The move was completed about 5 hours ago...
  3. Z

Notice and reminder

I have heard reports that there was some irritation regarding the downtime earlier today (or yesterday as the case may be for some of you). I will take this opportunity to remind you of some facts: 1. I am still a full-time student and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future - at...
  4. Z

Google tries to learn Japanese Pokémon names!

So, clearly, Google has gone about learning Japanese Pokémon names. But the results are iffy...
  5. Z

Welcome to Eterna!

Welcome to eterna.bulbagarden.net, Bulbagarden's new server for the next sixth months. Over the course of the next six months, we will monitor how this server copes with traffic, and will decide again on the issue of hardware in December/January. Special thanks in particular to our...
  6. Z

Moving soon

Bulbagarden will be moving to a new server shortly. Web service will not be available when the moving process begins, so that backups may be taken. This process may take a while. After the move is complete, there may be a delay while the new DNS entries propagate.
  7. Z

Appointment of acting editor-in-chief

For the six-week period beginning Saturday, July 14, 2007, Pie will be the acting editor-in-chief in my absence. Please direct all Bulbapedia-related inquiries to her for that period unless absolutely necessary.
  8. Z

Pokémon on Slashdot

Pokémon lead games sales up 31% in May And a few commenters come out as Pokémon players too.
  9. Z

Is the server *that* slow?

This is perplexing. Some users say that Bulbapedia loads fine. Others say no. I know that sometimes the server is actually bogged down, but that would not explain it. To a certain degree I think it depends on where you are and what ISP you are using. I can't comment on how fast or slow anything...
  10. Z

Pokémon League 2007 Japan official rules

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/palcity/game/regulation.html Essentially, 1. Double battles (in DP, Double Cup rules) 2. Lv. 1 - 50 3. No more than one Pokémon of each species 4. No more than one of each item 5. Only items obtainable from RSE, FR/LG, DP, Colosseum, XD and PBR Mystery Gift are...
  11. Z

Pokémon makes appearance in UoC scavenger hunt

For the 2007 University of Chicago scavenger hunt, item 137 on the list reads: A measly 4.93 points for 493 Pokémon, of which 2 are supposed to be unobtainable at present? I don't think so.
  12. Z

Comparing Toyoguchi Megumi and KAORI

It just so happens that there is a song that both of them have sung. I have uploaded a clip of it.
  13. Z

What do these moves have in common?

What do the moves in each of these two groups have in common? Group 1: Fly, Mega Kick, Double-Edge, Hydro Pump, Blizzard, Hyper Beam, Seismic Toss, Thunder, Fissure, Agility, Fire Blast, Waterfall, Flash, Aeroblast, Zap Cannon, Perish Song, Outrage, Sacred Fire, DynamicPunch, Megahorn...
  14. Z

US DP names for moves, abilities, etc.

Attached is a zip archive containing: 343.txt: item descriptions 344.txt: item names 382.txt: location names 362.txt: Pokémon names 552.txt: ability names 554.txt: ability descriptions 587.txt: move descriptions 588.txt: move names 615.txt: Pokédex entries for Diamond 616.txt: Pokédex...
  15. Z

Creative Commons licence "upgrade" on Bulbapedia

The newest version of the Creative Commons licence is 3.0. Bulbapedia uses 2.0. Bulbanews uses 2.5. PokéWiki uses 2.0 for Germany. (There is no newer version.) ポケモンWiki uses 2.5. (Not the Japanese jurisdiction version.) Wikinezka uses 2.5 for Poland. Perhaps we should all "upgrade" to...
  16. Z

The ending of PokéSpe FR/LG

As you may or may not have heard, PokéSpe FR/LG was concluded in the April issue of Sho6. And that conclusion is... After the deus ex machina ending of RSE and the sudden, unexpected premature (if temporary) end to BF... this is rather shocking. Discuss theories.
  17. Z

Ruleset for battles

青龍 suggests the following ruleset: Team: select 6 for the whole tournament, which are publicly recorded, and then select 3 from those 6 for each battle. Level: forced to Lv.50. Ineligible Pokémon: Legendary Pokémon with base stat total >= 600; Pokémon that only evolve at Lv.51 or higher...
  18. Z

SAT: Scandalous Assessment Test?

Apparently, the January 2007 test was identical to the December 2005 test. Coincidentally, some of my classmates took it in that session. I wondered if their less-than-expected scores were due to this?
  19. Z

MediaWiki 1.9

Release notes. A lot of new features, particularly interesting are the user-sortable tables and the redirect-to-section.
  20. Z

The use of the term "round" to mean "episode" in PokéSpe

It seems to me that tradition has it that episodes in PokéSpe are called "rounds". However, this terminology seems to have become less and less appropriate as the series progresses. Particularly in the fifth chapter where each episode only has the new-style titles in braille, compared to the...
Back
Top Bottom