• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW080: Pokémon Sommelier Showdown! Tasting Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
BW080: Pokemon Sommelier Showdown! Tasting Battle!!

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org2880694.jpg

---

Trans by StUn SpOrE:
the Black box's text:
""Dento's Challenge:Pokemon Sommelier Showdown!!
Dento's goal is mastery as a Pokemon Sommelier. In the midst of his travels, a confrontation between sommeliers occurs!"

"Which is the appropriate first partner[pokemon]? Picking which pokemon are most compatible for a person is one of the jobs of a Pokemon Sommelier. Out of the many Pokemon available, it's time to pick her first partner!"

"A Pokemon Sommelier, with A-Class certification, same as Dento, named Pinot Noir arrives. The one to pick Momocchi's perfect partner will be....?"

A battle takes place in order to choose what Pokemon will become Momocchi's partner.

It's a huge conflict between Pinot Noir's Choroneko and Dento's Iwapalace!"

Last edited:
Re: BW080: Pokemon Somelier Showdown

Another Cilan episode. They really don't let up promoting the guy, do they?

...Are we finally going to see why Dent hates Choroneko so much? O__O

Another Cilan episode. They really don't let up promoting the guy, do they?

At least he finally has another Connoisseur Rival. Let it go will you?

Was expecting Burgundy. I am slightly disappoint.

Looks interesting nonetheless. Not too keen on seeing Crustle again, but maybe the battle is more than just a 1 v 1. Perhaps we might finally shed some light on Cilan's back story with the cat.

Last edited:

Too bad there's no Burgundy. Well, I'm still interested in episode that's all about Pokemon Connoisseurs

Is it just me or does the COTD look like a coordinator?

Even more proof that Somelier's are like the BW version of coordinators...

Kid is Cilan and Burgundy's child. *hides*
This episode is a two year time skip into the future?! :D

can I be sad this isn't really the case?

/has been a Sommeliershipper since forever

I'm kinda sad Cabernet isn't in this episode, but getting some info on Dento's eternal hatred of Choroneko is fabulous, as well as the fact that he's going to battle a Sommelier on his level. This is something I've wanted for a long time but never thought I'd get to see, so I'm quite excited. :D

That new guy has a wine-related name (Pinot Noir). Any chance that he would become another rival for Cilan?

I hope they have some kind of history together, the only other sommelier we've seen is Cabernet. Really hoping this guy has something to do with why Dent doesn't like Choroneko. Ahhh more of Dent's backstory plz yes

That new guy has a wine-related name (Pinot Noir). Any chance that he would become another rival for Cilan?

I hope they have some kind of history together, the only other sommelier we've seen is Cabernet. Really hoping this guy has something to do with why Dent doesn't like Choroneko. Ahhh more of Dent's backstory plz yes

Didn't we see an A class(I think) Connoisseus in BW019?

But this will be the 4th Connoisseur, if you don't count the people in BW019, taking the Connoisseur exam.

I hope this guy beats Cilan, because I think Crustle could use another loss.

But this will be the 4th Connoisseur, if you don't count the people in BW019, taking the Connoisseur exam.

Yeah, there was a sommelier in BW019, but not a character that stuck around. Forgot about that, heh.

I hope this Pinot Noir guy is the class higher than Dent.

Enough with cilan already, give iris some more screen time

Yeah, there was a sommelier in BW019, but not a character that stuck around. Forgot about that, heh.

I hope this Pinot Noir guy is the class higher than Dent.

Someone translated it on Serebii and I think he's an A Class Connoisseur, or is that a girl? I don't know. :(

Also, the reason they battle is to see which Pokemon the young girl in the episode will battle against, with the Pokemon she'll chose as her starter.

Enough with cilan already, give iris some more screen time

*CoughCHECKOUTTHENEXTEPISODE'STHREADcough*

They get about equal episodes for them to star in, so there's not really much to complain about their.

Someone translated it on Serebii

Seriously............so mature...

Anyhow before you basically reword it I figured I'd cut the Bull's horns and post my trans myself.

Also, if you put in the 1st post, please don't copy/paste, I'd rather you insert the quote and remove the extraneous non-summary parts.

Please AND THANK YOU.

Trans by StUn SpOrE:
the Black box's text:
Dento's goal is mastery as a Pokemon Sommelier. In the midst of his travels, a confrontation between sommeliers occurs!"

"Which is the appropriate first partner[pokemon]? Picking which pokemon are most compatible for a person is one of the jobs of a Pokemon Sommelier. Out of the many Pokemon available, it's time to pick her first partner!"

"A Pokemon Sommelier, with A-Class certification, same as Dento, named Pinot Noir arrives. The one to pick Momocchi's perfect partner will be....?"

A battle takes place in order to choose what Pokemon will become Momocchi's partner.

Pink-haired girl's name is Momocchi, and is the other storyline in this ep.

Someone translated it on Serebii

Seriously............so mature...

Anyhow before you basically reword it I figured I'd cut the Bull's horns and post my trans myself.

Also, if you put in the 1st post, please don't copy/paste, I'd rather you insert the quote and remove the extraneous non-summary parts.

Please AND THANK YOU.

Trans by StUn SpOrE:
the Black box's text:

Pink-haired girl's name is Momocchi, and is the other storyline in this ep.

How is that not mature, after all, you are...someone. :)

Reword it? Why, whatever do you mean? :)

Sometimes I think you're speaking an unknown language.

Anyway...apart from the nonsense, I should talk about the episode.

I hope to see a lot of bickering from Iris and Georgia here, I enjoy that for some reason.

Last edited:

The pink haired girl's design creeps me out. She reminds me of Nurse Joy.

@Playerking; and @StUn SpOrE; please settle your problems with each other off of Bulbagarden and if a post bothers you, please use the report button (the hazard sign at the end of every post).

---

I'm glad that Dent is getting another episode but from the summaries I'm a little bit disappointed. I'd honestly prefer Carbarnet here over introducing another Sommelier and Iwapalace being used again is getting repetitive. (I know it has an advantage against Choroneko but meh). In my opinion I think Maggyo should get this; a joke Pokémon facing against an irrational fear... sounds perfect to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom