• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW123: Farewell, Isshu! Setting Sail Once Again!!

The Rockets are baaaaaaaaaaaack! (well, sort of) but it's something :D

And I couldn't help but laugh at everyone but Dent being so freaking stupid XD

If it's one bad thing I have to say about the episode, was Team Rocket's motto. Now, they're combining all the previous motto scenes in one clap.

Otherwise, this was a damn good episode. I enjoyed in-character Rocket and the beginning with Ash's dream.

I'd usually complain about Team Rocket - but I enjoyed this episode too much to care. I just hope they don't go back to an appearance an episode, but this TR is a vast improvement over previously.

The scene at the end with Excadrill was hilarious, and nice to see Oshawott save the day.

Yeah, not too happy to see TR are back to being pains. They already seem to be appearing in every episode causing some type of trouble, because the writers are too lazy to not rely on the same ol' tired TR plot device episodes. Steal Pikachu + Gang Pokemon, thwarted, blasted off in a comedic fashion. If they go back to being shoehorned into every episode that's just a shame. Even the next episode looks pretty bland.

It was nice seeing Mijumaru save the day, good to see things can go his way. Iris having her Doryuzu use Dig on a boat. Parker strikes me as sinister and villainous, cool plot twist if he turns out to be evil. The dream scene and fantasy scenes in this episode were nice too.

So any details we should know about, or just what we already know? What Giovanni's call was about is of particular interest.

So the episode begins with Satoshi dreaming of himself and Iris riding Zekrom and Reshiram... at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if this Zekrom's only appearance in this arc and the writers are once again bullshitting us.

Another visit to Araragi's, another chance to see all of Satoshi's Isshu Pokemon wasted!

Call to Okido's... I'd like to think Satoshi sent all his reserves to him so they can actually spend decent time outside of their Poke Balls as opposed to just sitting on a shelf at Araragi's lab. It probably wasn't mentioned though.

You know, at the end of DP I kept wishing the writers would do something different with Team Rocket... then they did, and it sucked hard. Glad to have the old trio back. I'm very interested to hear what Sakaki had to say.

So judging by the opening and ending, Parker is going to be a recurring character. I can see him playing a similar role to Shirona's butler and acting as some sort of guide to the gang as they enjoy the islands.

This episode was really good! ...Until just after the Rockets did their awesomely-mangled motto, and the animation made them look really awkward. Doryuzu digging through the boat and springing a leak was hilarious, but everything the Rockets did after that just felt like they were unnecessarily building on a joke and not making it any funnier. (And trust me on this, I know how to kill a joke with my bare hands.) Other than that, they were pretty solid throughout the episode. And it was a great, if forgettable episode in the end.

This episode was great. Funny and reminded me of the good old TR. Their part in this was pretty dumb which means TR are definitely back in business! I loved Excadrill and Oshawott's contributions and I totally fangurl whenever I see Pro_Oak these days ^^

Awesome episode 8/10.

Ash doesn't deserve to be riding Reshiram -.- his very actions go against the truth and logic.

I'm glad to see that the brainwashing virus TR contracted after the events of DP seems to have left. But only time can tell.

Heh, so that picture of Iris on Zekrom just turned out to be a dream sequence? The advertisers just love rick-rolling the viewers with fake hype.

Team Rocket is being awesome again... I want to believe it...

Iris having Excadril use Dig on a boat? She's SUCH a kIIIiIiiIiiIIiiiiiiiiIIiiiiiid!

Oshawott actually being heroic and helpful as opposed to being a trouble-making failure? What madness is this?!?

So I liked this episode. Good show writers.

A great episode. Can someone explain whether the Unova Pokemon at Juniper's lab were transferred to Pallet Town or not?

I'm going to ask about the music. Did they finally bring some of the old music back or is it still the same tracks we've been hearing since BW started?

I hope we can find out soon about what the conversation was about between Jessie, James, and Meowth with The Boss because I am cuirous about what they were Talking about You Agree.

To answer a few people's questions:

- Araragi-Hakase told Orchid-Hakase that she will be sending the reserves Satoshi has at her lab over to his.

- Sakaki praised the Rocket trio for taking down the Plasma-Dan (they're taking credit for that too) and told them to keep up the good work. The trio was super happy to be praised by their boss and vowed to capture Pikachu so they can continue being praised.

- They're still just using the Best Wishes! BGM.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom