• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Effort Non-Mafia - Endgame - 30/4/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Effort Non-Mafia
Welcome to Effort Non-Mafia, the inverse sequel of No Effort Mafia!

In Effort Non-Mafia, you have to put effort in the game but don't actually play, and whether you are right or not doesn't matter. You build up your stats as you post and then sit back and watch as the host tries and figures this out.

Day and night phases are run as normal mechanically, only the players have no control over the outcomes.

All I need from you is to build up the following three stats:
>Accuracy: As town, this increases your chance to find scum. As mafia, this reduces the chance that you'll bus slightly. To increase Accuracy you need to present different cases of why you believe (or fake) that each person has a specific alignment.
>Persuasion: This is the stat that lets you yell at people until they join your lynch wagon. To increase Persuasion you need to focus on one case on someone you believe (or fake) is mafia.
>Towniness: Exactly as it sounds. If this stat is high you'll draw nightkills instead of votes, and if it's low you'll be crying "pls no lyncherino". To increase Towniness you need to defend against cases made on you.

The effort you put in building up the above stats is described by Effort Values (EVs). They can range from 0 to 255, and you can only have up to 512 of them. As the basic stats range from 0 to 15, exactly 17 Effort Values on a stat equal to 1 point on the stat. (15*17=255) How many EVs a post will yield depends on the word count of its relevant parts.

Calculations based on the basic stats from the moment the EVs are translated to points are the same as in No Effort Mafia with one exception; Persuasion was too strong in the previous formula so this time the VCPQ will use a (sum of Persuasion of players in the wagon - median average of said set, rounded down) instead of just (sum of Persuasion of players in the wagon).

There's nothing else you really need to do. You'll get a role PM mostly for your own amusement.
Also please don't claim mafia/independent (which may or may not exist) because it's less fun that way.

RULES:
1. Forum Rules and War Room Rules apply.
2. No quoting or screenshots of any conversation with the host, unless your role PM lists exceptions. This includes exact wincon wording and posting fake data that supposedly comes from said sources.
3. If you change your username mid-game, please state your old and new ones in-thread and mention the host.
4. Rules are subject to change. The host will make sure to mention you if that happens.
5. The day phase will last 48 hours. Night phase is almost instant.
6. Outside communication is permitted although for the sake of calculations the game will be running as a NOC, with your OC not counting towards the effort. Please make sure to include me in any OC chats you may have during the game.
7. The most important rule. Have fun!

PLAYERS
1 @SoaringLooker 15/15/0
2 @Elementar 4/4/
3 @Midorikawa 13/15/2
4 @AussieEevee 5/4/
5 @DarthWolf13 15/15/0
6 @Lone_Garurumon 15/2/13

SUBS
@CheffOfGames

SPECTATORS

Last edited:
This looks fun, and as I didn't join the no-effort mafia, I have no idea on how this will turn out to be.

It seems like my role pm has arrived. Now let's get this game started! I think Elementar is totally the scum. Look at him:
Confirsting.
Saying first in a game of mafia? He clearly is joking around and that's just something you can not do in a serious game like this!?

On another note. It disturbs me that
@Midorikawa @AussieEevee @DarthWolf13 @Lone_Garurumon all have yet to respond. They should be ashamed for being so inactive.

Now let me go back to playing Pokemon Black, er I mean solving this murder in the thread next-doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom