• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Memoriam: Celebrities

Rolf Harris has died. I don't think I can say much about him because it would be full of nasty stuff about the latter part of his life, apart from the fact that he did paint the Queen and hosted Animal Hospital in the UK.

We also lost actor Ray Stevenson two days ago. He is best known for playing the Punisher in Punisher: War Zone and also appeared in the MCU as Volstagg, one of the Warriors Three. He was in other movies including King Arthur, Outpost, Kill the Irishman, and Divergent, among other movies. He also appeared in Star Wars Rebels as the voice of the Mandalorian warrior Gar Saxon, and was set to appear in the Ahsoka series before his death. He was 58.

Tina Turner has passed away aged 83.
News of her death triggered memories for me from my time at primary school, and the memory was very good. At my school concert in Grade 3 in 1994 (it was before half the forum members was even born), my class danced to a medley of country songs, and one of them was Nutbush City Limits by Tina Turner (I think I still remember the dance). Great memories. And in the early 1990s, her classic song Simply the Best was used as the theme for the New South Wales Rugby League (this was before the Super League War of 1997 here in Australia and before my team Melbourne Storm joined the competition in 1998). This ad is from the 1990 competiton.

Rest in Peace.

EDIT: Found a tweet from the US Embassy in Australia attempting to learn the Nutbush dance that I mentioned in the post.

Last edited:
Additionally Ray Stevenson did a reprisal of the Punisher in The Super Hero Squad Show episode "Night in the Sanctorum".
News of her death triggered memories for me from my time at primary school, and the memory was very good. At my school concert in Grade 3 in 1994 (it was before half the forum members was even born),
Well if it's any comfort, I probably beat all forum members even the oldest being born in 82.

Pat Robertson, conservative media personality and former Presidential candidate, has died today at the age of 93. He was the host of the 700 Club, a Christian news and TV program broadcast live on Freeform (formerly ABC Family) and a best-selling author.

A songwriter many of you probably don’t know, Cynthia Weil has died at 82 on June 1.

Some songs that she wrote are from the 1960s. Most of the writing credits for the songs she contributed to were also credited her husband, Barry Mann. (They did not divorce, she/he just didn’t change her last name.)

When I was younger, I listened to A LOT of music by the group by The Drifters. Two songs that she and Barry Mann wrote, were songs I listened to a lot.

I’m probably the only one who even knows about this or even finds this to be shocking. Though, if anyone does find this to be truly shocking, I’d be pleased to talk to you.

A body was found on June 24, 2023 in the San Gabriel Mountains of California. Just today the body was finally identified as English actor Julian Sands, who went missing back on January 13, 2023 and was best known for appearing in movies such as A Room with a View, Warlock, Arachnophobia, Leaving Las Vegas, The Medallion, Ocean's Thirteen, and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. He has also appeared on the hit TV series 24.

Hong Kong-American singer Coco Lee (she had a hit with Do You Want My Love, which was a huge global hit in 2000) has died aged 48.

Paul Reubens AKA Pee-Wee Herman has passed away today Age 70 due to cancer.

1690828584098.png

I for one don't have much knowledge on him, but I can imagine he was a part of childhood for a few people on the forum.

Paul Reubens AKA Pee-Wee Herman has passed away today Age 70 due to cancer.

I for one don't have much knowledge on him, but I can imagine he was a part of childhood for a few people on the forum.

Yep. Though if anyone watched Batman The Brave and the Bold (also me), he was the voice of Batmite.

Back
Top Bottom