• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN136: Satoshi and Go! Embark on a New Journey!!

Was a solid capstone episode for what it was. Had some great continuity moments and everything else was alright. Basically summarises Journeys as a whole

Goh’s departure was nice, loved the symbolism with them seeing Ho-Oh whilst riding on Lugia. Lugia’s how they met and Ho-Oh’s how Ash started. Chloe was not bad imo, at least she’s travelling regularly now which is decent development from where she started. Especially since Ash and Goh aren’t there anymore

Best part was definitely the ending montage for me, I love 123 as a song and seeing the future of some characters here

So random thing of note but did anyone notice that Koharu’s new outfit that she wears now that she travels the on her own has a similar color scheme to the outfit from the Winter Sinnoh Special, which was the first time she traveled on her own? I wonder if that was at all intentional.

Didn't you guys notice the most important part?
Ash is using Lucario and not throwing him on the park with Goh's pokemon... It is huge. Not using only Pikachu in his next travel is a surprise, even though they don't need anothr reboot..

2nd best, yesteday my 3yo son saw episode 20th goodbye bfry and I just told him by the end of that epiaode "yeah right till this day he never met bfry again". And after 3 hours or so I was in shock I was wrong... My guess is they will put more on the subject in one of the few episodes left for Ash. Maybe even a closer with Greninja if they are already fixing problems.

tbh... the 11 episode announcement kinda confirms Ash is gonna use different teams throughout those episodes, so he could have taken a combination of Pikachu, Lucario and other mons with him than his usual Journeys team.

tbh... the 11 episode announcement kinda confirms Ash is gonna use different teams throughout those episodes, so he could have taken a combination of Pikachu, Lucario and other mons with him than his usual Journeys team.
I don't know if he will use different teams. We don't even know if he will need a 6 member party in those 11 episodes.

What we can say based on the previewtrailer is that he will be at Oak's and we will see his pokémon who are over there. And I hope everyone, but since it is Ash's final chapter this should be a given. And a visit to his Alola pokémon is also a very safe bet. I also hope he does meet Squirtle, Primeape, Butterfree, Pidgeot, Goodra, Greninja and Lapras again. Not only flashbacks and memories. And some wild pokémon he bonded with like Larvitar and Nebby. And Ambipom, although if he meets her again Dawn beter also is present since it is her pokémon now. And why not Casey and Beedrill again. Let her sing the Electabuzz song.

And I hope Jessie and James at least have a reunion with Arbok and Weezing.

Pfff, I'm afraid I will be dissapointed in the end, 11 episodes will never be enough to get everyrhing I hope for. Hopefully will the things we do get be enough to give me a possitive feeling.

I wonder if we get 1 episode for each journey Ash made.

Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn, Battle Frontier, Sinnoh, Unova, Decolore Islands, Kalos, Alola, Journeys/Galar.

I don't know if he will use different teams. We don't even know if he will need a 6 member party in those 11 episodes.

What we can say based on the previewtrailer is that he will be at Oak's and we will see his pokémon who are over there. And I hope everyone, but since it is Ash's final chapter this should be a given. And a visit to his Alola pokémon is also a very safe bet. I also hope he does meet Squirtle, Primeape, Butterfree, Pidgeot, Goodra, Greninja and Lapras again. Not only flashbacks and memories. And some wild pokémon he bonded with like Larvitar and Nebby. And Ambipom, although if he meets her again Dawn beter also is present since it is her pokémon now. And why not Casey and Beedrill again. Let her sing the Electabuzz song.

And I hope Jessie and James at least have a reunion with Arbok and Weezing.

Pfff, I'm afraid I will be dissapointed in the end, 11 episodes will never be enough to get everyrhing I hope for. Hopefully will the things we do get be enough to give me a possitive feeling.

I wonder if we get 1 episode for each journey Ash made.

Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn, Battle Frontier, Sinnoh, Unova, Decolore Islands, Kalos, Alola, Journeys/Galar.
Tbh, if we are at it... Give us samurai as well

Tbh, if we are at it... Give us samurai as well
Samurai: Ash of Pallet Town, I want a rematch with your Butterfree I was so impressed with last time.

Ash: Can't do, I released my Butterfree. But I would like to take the challenge with my other pokémon (Sends out his Journeys team.)

Samurai: Nevermind, compared to you I'm still the rookie.

The problem with Primeape is that its location is unknown to Satoshi, so I doubt there will be a reunion.
It literally is known to him though. He left it not in the wild, but with Anthony, and I'm pretty sure Ash remembers where Anthony lives. He could easily reunite with Primeape if he wanted to.

The problem with Primeape is that its location is unknown to Satoshi, so I doubt there will be a reunion.
How is this unknown? He knows in which town he left Primeape and he even has been into Anthony's personal gym. And he can try to track Primeape's career.

I would say he has more leads on Primeape's location than of others like Lapras and Butterfree, who left into the wild and were reunited with Ash afterwards, at least one and most likely both purely by chance.

I do genuinely hate that Cinderace got shafted for Grookey. I feel like Raboot shouldn't have evolved honestly and stayed Goh's walking Pokemon.
It deserved to evolve to regain its happier attitude IMO, but I'll always dislike Grookey now due it being treated more importantly than Goh's actual partner.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom