• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Love =/= Sex : a Human x Pokemon Ship thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Lisa

LOVED IchibanCon
Reaction score
Well, I thought it would be a good idea to start this thread again, since the other one was quite popular (but got locked for obvious reasons).

I'll start off by saying that my most favorite ships involve Pokemon and humans.

My favorite ships:

Pikashipping (Ash and Pikachu)
Altoshipping (Ash and Latias)

I love Pikashipping, because of my own personal theories, and I like to see Ash and Pikachu hug in the anime. <3

And I just like Altoshipping because it's cute, lol.

I even like a form of Pikashipping that I named myself (it's Ashachushipping). Though, that seems to be a strange cross between a human-and-Pokemon ship and a Pokemon-and-Pokemon ship. Heh, maybe that's why I like it so much. XD

PikaShipping pretty much defines the entire franchise. While I don't see romance in it (though it would be interesting with Ashachu) I still enjoy it as the ultimate relationship between human and Pokémon.

As far as Pokémon/Human goes, my main point of interest is Ralts. I've been interested in the evolution line ever since I read their Pokédex entries and Ralts being Max's intended starter Pokémon certainly helps.

One of the only human/Pokemon ships I like is May x Manaphy. Not in a romance kind of way, but in motherly cute kind of way.

Here are two pics:

M9000516.jpg

movie9swimming5.jpg

May tells Manaphy she loves him, Manaphy says "Looove you!" and they even sleep in the same bed together! :p

It was also cute how in some points of the movie when they were seperated, May looks depressed and glances out at the ocean to see if Manaphy is nearby.

Probably one of the only human/Pokemon interactions that I liked beyond the usual trainer stuff.

Aww....

That is a very cute ship, Scott. ^_^

Heh, I forgot all about that one. XD

PikaShipping pretty much defines the entire franchise. While I don't see romance in it (though it would be interesting with Ashachu) I still enjoy it as the ultimate relationship between human and Pokémon.
Wow.

It's like you (for the most part) read my mind, FabuVinny. O.O

And I completely agree with everything you said!! That is indeed true!! ^____^

Oh and by the way, for the people who don't know, this is what I meant by my personal theory about Pikashipping. In my opinion, I believe Pikachu is female and that it has a crush on Ash. However, I think the ship is definitely one-sided (in the sense that Ash does NOT have a crush on Pikachu and he is not in anyway attracted to it).

Of course, I also agree (partially) with what most people think about Pikashipping - that it's nothing more than a very close bond of friendship between Ash and Pikachu.

I could guess, no one liked MotherShipping (Misty x Togepi) It's kind of related to the May x Manaphy 'Ship.

Meowth/Max is obviously the OTP of Pokemon/human ships. Well, maybe not, but it's still fun. <33

Max/Jirachi is precious, too. Max just has lots of lahv to share with Pokémon, heh.

Awwwww cute pics, but I can't really see humanxPokemon :eek:

Yahoo, this thread is revived! :) The thread closed before I could voice my opinion.

It was all thanks to you Lisa-san that I've gotten into HumanPoke shippings and it all started with Pikashipping. Now I support more these ships than human and human..with the exception of my anime crossover pairings. -shot-

Pikashipping is my favorite pairing in the whole Anime universe at the moment and I've loved it even before I knew about Human x Pokemon shippings since I truely loved the bond these two share and plus they're my favorite characters in the whole show. Every week I watch Pokemon for these two and I've been doing that ever since I was little. As FabuFinny said, it defines the whole show and merchandise which is fantastic. They've been through so much together and stuck with each through the rough times and their huggle and reuniting scenes are so cute and I just 'aw' at the sight. <3

I used to obsess with Altoshipping also and would search for fanfiction and art, now I still like it, but I don't feel like reading a fanfiction or searching for fanart, but occasionally I get the urge to do so.

I've named quite a few HumanPoke ships such as Aidshipping, Altopikashipping (Ash & Pikachu & Latias)
Ashabunshipping (Ashachu & Buneary), Bunnyshipping (Ash & Buneary), Dreamshipping (Ash & Mew), ForestSaviorshipping (Ash & Celebi), Risushipping (Ash & Pachirisu), Safeshipping (Ash & Mirage!Mew), Shokorashipping (Lucario & Max).

My top three are Pikashipping, Bunnyshipping, and Dreamshipping. Though my obsessions differ whenever I find a new interesting shipping. XD

AquaticnurtureShipping was just so cute in Movie 9, I like cried when they had to seperate, I wonder if Manaphy will appear again.

Just because you ship Human and Pokemon does not mean that you like the idea of the two screwing eachother. Love you see, does not have to mean sex, very few people who ship this actualy like the thought of the two characters in question having a sexual relationship. (I actualy find it annoying when people are like "Ew gross! Pokephilia!")

there is also a little sinnoh folklore about a human and a pokemon marrying each other xD; it's very cute:

ひとと けっこんした ポケモンがいた
ポケモンと けっこんした ひとがいた

There was a Pokémon that married a human.
There was a human that married a Pokémon.

むかしは ひとも ポケモンも
おなじだったから ふつうのことだった

In the olden days, people and Pokémon
were the same so it was ordinary.

e2ac6b14.jpg

http://mettko.fc2web.com/img.html

a34648ad.jpg

http://lilac.ojaru.jp/top.html
- Doesn't Mew like stalk Ash? XDD

Stalk and follow, how cute. Mew has feelings for Ash. The only humanxpokemon 'ship I support is AltoShipping. Ash and Pikachu... maybe.^^

Katsu wins the thread. <3

Personally, I see ships like Pikashipping and Staffshipping as walking that lovely line between friendship and romance. Call it a best-friends-with-benefits relationship, if you will. And that's precisely why I love them and I ship them. I really headdesk at all the leeriness about the idea of Poke-human romance that I see in some of the posts here. "Oh I ship (blah human) x (blah Pokemon) but only in a non-romantic sense." Um, pardon me, but doesn't the term shipping automatically imply romance? Last I checked it does.

As Katsu said, romantic love does not automatically equal sex or even anything PG-13. Yes, it implies a degree of physical attraction, but just because you think someone is attractive and you care about them very much and you like to be physically close to them (i.e. hold hands or hug or snuggle) doesn't mean you want in their pants. Yes, I know, hard to imagine for a bunch of hormonal adolescents/young-adults (I'll assume you're all around that age, anywhere from 12-20 something), but it's quite possible. In fact, given a healthy, loving romantic relationship that takes its time to develop into something really deep and beautiful, sex or any overt sexual behavior would actually ruin it and even be considered repugnant to the involved parties. And I think that the nature of all the Pokemon x human ships with any evidence, be it canon or subtext, makes it clear that such is the case. Everything from Altoshipping to Chikorita/Bayleef's crush on Ash to less canon things like Staffshipping and I suppose Pikashipping (though quite frankly have you seen Ash be as affectionate toward anyone in any way as he has toward Pikachu?), has a quality of sweetness and innocence about it that precludes AGNPH-style scenarios.

So enough with the "oh well I think this Pokemon and this human like each other and it's cute and I ship it but not in a romantic way because it's Pokemon x human." That's as bad as "oh well I think this guy and this guy or this girl and this girl like each other and are cute together but only as friends because it's same-sex."

Last edited:
Ash and Pikachu are very cute together. And cute pics people ^.^ although, it would be kinda hard for me too see Ash loving Pikachu that way. The love that they have for eachother, now, is fine for me.

Given I was an avid Sabrina fan in the day, I vouched for Sabrina/Kadabra. Else I rarely make the connection between trainer and lust for a beast under their command or acquaintance... at least not until Gardevoir didst arrive on the scene and everything spiraleth down into rishathra. Rishathra is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rishathra

I'm guilty of being an avid Blueshipper. And of course for the reasons that everyone else has thankfully pointed out- love=/=physical attraction (though five bucks says Meowth could have an eye on Jimmy Boy for that, him's a very pretty guy, afterall? *bricked*). I can't call the moments that sparked the possibility for me as hints as, yanno, they aren't hinting anything definite, but those moments are plenty (and no, I'm not referring to the wonderfully amusing, insane Shuckle juice episode in which Meowth lost any sense of inhibition, either). I usually lean towards it being one-sided Meowth, since overall James is apparently terrified of any form of commitment and...I'm a Meowth fangirl...and what do fangirls love? Inner turmoil! Especially with usually-seen-as-one-dimensional sidekick comic relief characters.

And I can't forget to mention Aaron/Lucario, which I have no recollection of what it's called, and Altoshipping (curses the one-shot shipping!), and Pikashipping...but Blueshipping? My OTP.

Katsu, that pic with Ash and Pikachu is adorable. And yes, romance =/= sex. I have nothing against human/pokemon ships, I write them sometimes. It's cute.

I personally don't see anything wrong with it as long as people don't go bizarrely fuh-ree-kay with it.

I've always thought that a girl who liked muscle men could fall for a Machoke.

Or how about that one lady in the hotel who says she wishes a knight on a pokemon could sweep her away, well what if a Gallade riding a Rapidash (no dodginess intended) came by, would she fall for him?

I can see Max falling for a Gardevoir XD

Hmm, in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Gardevoir protects her trainer from harm and she still loves her trainer after what has happened. Then when Gengar befriends her, even though she forgets about him, it's just really sweet.

Though, since Gengar becomes a pokemon...I'm not sure what that means...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom