• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Perfect Sleeping Environment?

Voltaire Magneton

You're My Twenty-Four~
Reaction score
No presence of threads like this, so:

How do you like your bedroom environment, so that you could sleep almost immediately (and avoid insomnia)?

Here's mine: Electric fan on, air conditioner on, bedsheet on, 3 fluffy pillows.

How about yours?

I listen to the radio with either Relaxation or Smooth Jazz music. I do not have my windows covered or door closed and I use two pillows. I usually have one both cats laying with me.

All I need is it to be raining, dark, and be under a comforter, and in my bed. This way I'll fall asleep fast.

Cold weather - absolutely dark, lots of bedsheets for cold weather, and a stuffed feline or Pokemon plush near my pillow (I get horrible nightmares if I don't) - I may sleep with my pants on, and long sleeve sweater, I may also sleep with gloves on if its really cold

Hot weather, just shorts, and absolute dark, and the stuffed feline or Pokemon near my pillow

Hopefully a warm, soft bed with music playing. Doesn't matter what music, it could be the heaviest of metal and I'd still pass out. And no windows with blinds open even just the tiniest bit. ono;;

A very dark room, as cold as possible with a big and fluffy blanket and raining if possible.
And definitely with no sounds, I need silence to sleep well.

Lights off, snuggling with my special lady, cozy but not too warm, Liumin playing softly and quietly, dark with a tiny little bit of light from outside.

Not complete darkness; that alarms me. I need to have a wall along one side of the bed (or another person there) and some small amount of noise; the TV on low volume, instrumental music, anything. Complete silence just makes my mind wander and keep me awake. Good covers (lots of layers I can make a sort of nest out of rather than one thick quilt) rather than pyjamas that will get tangled around my body. Hearing rain outside is a bonus.

Freshly washed bed linen, complete darkness and silence (although I like rain) and warmth.

Please let me add something:

I noticed last night, that if there was a dance party relatively far from our house, yet I could still hear the music at our place, I can't sleep.

For me that's odd. Usually, I let the babble of the television be my lullaby.

Someplace cold, dark, and fairly enclosed. I'd sleep on a TempurPedic mattress with TempurPedic pillows, and under lots of soft blankets with my Labrador/Dachshund mix. I'd want to be able to hear rain and smell the forest air, be off the ground, and have the 4th ZeXal ending theme playing quietly on loop (it puts me to sleep instantly).

4 nice fluffy pillows, one fuzzy blanket, my convention blanket, my security blanket, a nice electric blanket, and Christmas music playing as I sleep. :3

I've suffered from insomnia before and I still do to a lesser degree. When I go to bed I can't just lie down and go to sleep, it would take about three hours of just lying there. Now when I go to bed I watch tv, it usually makes me tired and I turn it off when I can tell i'm just about to fall asleep. I usually feel cold in bed so I have a 15 tog duvet and a fleece throwover which I couldn't sleep without. I don't like sleeping in complete silence but I never have that problem because my hamsters make more than enough noise. Obviously the room needs to be dark but I usually keep the curtains open the tiniest bit to let a fraction of light in. I also sleep in a double bed. I don't think I could get used to a single bed, not enough space to sprawl about in. I suppose all these things make my perfect sleeping environment.

I like just a little bit of background noise and some air-flow so it doesn't get stuffy (you get tired of stuffy fast when you live in swamp-land like I do :I), and a fan accomplishes both of those. I've slept with a fan on for years.

Environment doesn't affect me very much, I fall asleep if I'm tired. XD

But I do prefer being in the dark, with no noise. (I never get that though. :p)

I'm the type of person who can't sleep with the door closed or have curtains over the windows. I wanna be able to see what's around me. I also can't sleep or fall asleep if I'm cold. It just won't happen.

I have to have the door closed, the windows blinds closed. It has to be pitch-black, cold, and I need the sound of a box fan. : P

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom