• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Question about the Huge Power Ability

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Could someone explain to me how Huge Power works? I am watching a video and the person got a Marill and was excited to see that it has Huge Power. I am aware that it boosts attack, but what does it do? Does it boost the base attack stat of the Pokémon or what? How does this affect the Marill (or any Pokemon with the ability)?

So if say mew were to have huge power, it would have 200 attack instead of 100?
It boosts the final result of your attack stat, so when calculating, it will go with base stat, IVs, EVs then any attack buffs.

An Adamant Mew with
100 Base ATK
Huge Power
max IVs & EVs

is the same as an Adamant Mew with any other ability, but with 248 as it's base attack, so very close to a 2.5 boost, at the end of calculation.

If both Mews have no EVs, then a 100 Base attack with Huge Power is equivalent to 218.
Remove IVs & EVs, that becomes 100 versus 203
Give both a neutral nature, it's 100 versus 202.

Back
Top Bottom